Ground-rules:
    1. I make it a habit to fully cycle my batteries; I fully charge them and let then go all the way to the flashing "hey charge me now" indicator.

2. I don't like being tethered to a computer or wall - ever!

3. I only use a car charger if mandatory

So based on the above, I use multiple batteries and an external charger. When the battery is ready for a charge, I take it out and put it in an external charger. Then, I stick a charged battery in and off I go.

The question I have, is this bad for the devise to pull the battery so often?

BTW, I do use an extended life battery - deep into day three right now and still ticking. Lets see a Droid to that lol.
    05-05-11 09:31 AM
    I wouldn't say it is bad for it, however similar to the sim card slot, over time, with a lot of unintended use, the contacts may become worn and bent...

There is really no need to cycle the batteries. Lithium ion batteries do not have a memory like older ni-cad (like cellphones back in the. Day that needed a 24h charge before using)

Leaving the battery in the device and charging the device whenever you are near a with a wall charger, even to top off, is your best bet.

Like you, I try to avoid charging from a laptop (usb) or in the car unless I'm desparate..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 09:37 AM
    The new Li-ion batteries do not like to be discharged. See this article for what looks to be reliable information: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries – Battery University
    05-05-11 09:46 AM
    That is interesting. I know there is much discussion about Li-ion batteries not having memory, but this is contrary to my own experience. I have never been the "give a little bump here and there guy" with my batteries and I have always observed better battery life than those who do. Again, I've now gone nearly three full days on one charge (extended battery). I think it's time to experiment; I'll employ the charge it a lot routine for a month or so then see how long a full charge will last. I'll report back.
    05-05-11 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD