Guys, I know it may sound a bit strange but this is the scenario:

I have a BlackBerry 9700 with unlimited Internet access. I also have an iPod Touch. Both devices have Bluetooth and WiFi. I would like to know if there is a way I can share the Internet connection in my BB so I can navigate from the iPod Touch.

I have been able to use the BB as modem via Bluetooth and navigate from my Mac laptop. I have been also able to share the Internet connection in my laptop to other devices, either via WiFi or Bluetooth PAN. So I wonder if I could use similar techniques to share the BB Internet connection and make it available to the iPod Touch. Of course, please don't suggest a solution involving the laptop; the idea is to use only the mobile devices. I don't want to spend more money buying an iPhone!

Thanks a lot for any help
    07-02-10 07:51 PM
    not easily, you need to jailbreak similar to the ipad hack
    07-02-10 08:00 PM
    I actually wouldn't mind if this. I prefer the browser on the ipod/phone. I don't know how it's possible though.
    07-02-10 08:56 PM
    It's not currently possible natively.
    07-03-10 05:50 AM
    The only way you can tether a BB with another device is if that BB can "broadcast" a wifi signal.

BBs can't do this. Android and WM can though.

You'll either need to get another device or buy a special portable router that will plug into the BB and broadcast the signal as wifi. I have one and it works great. I'd look into Cradlepoint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 12:35 PM
    I have the curve 8530. your ipod has to be jawbroken in order for it to work, and download pdanet on your phone. It works because I use it!!!
    07-03-10 01:38 PM
    Aww, don't break its jaw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 04:13 PM
    I have the curve 8530. your ipod has to be jawbroken in order for it to work, and download pdanet on your phone. It works because I use it!!!
    You mean jailbroken, not jawbroken.
    07-03-10 04:18 PM
    Guys, I know it may sound a bit strange but this is the scenario:

I have a BlackBerry 9700 with unlimited Internet access. I also have an iPod Touch. Both devices have Bluetooth and WiFi. I would like to know if there is a way I can share the Internet connection in my BB so I can navigate from the iPod Touch.

I have been able to use the BB as modem via Bluetooth and navigate from my Mac laptop. I have been also able to share the Internet connection in my laptop to other devices, either via WiFi or Bluetooth PAN. So I wonder if I could use similar techniques to share the BB Internet connection and make it available to the iPod Touch. Of course, please don't suggest a solution involving the laptop; the idea is to use only the mobile devices. I don't want to spend more money buying an iPhone!

Thanks a lot for any help
    Not even Jailbroken can you force the iPod to have all around available internet unless you have a MiFi device. It's never been possible to use a BB internet connection to help an iPod touch. You might as well get a iPhone 3G/3GS/4. Craigslist you can find any 3G for about $200.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 07-04-10 at 11:51 AM.
    07-04-10 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD