I have a 9630 and would also like to have a 9550. I would only want to use one at a time.

Does anyone swap from device to device depending on what you feel like using for the month.

If so how hard is it to swap, and have there ever been any difficuties in doing so.
    12-27-09 01:29 PM
    I have a Bold 9000 and a 7290. I don't use the 7290 a lot maybe once or twice a week. All you have to do is swap the SIM card, then go into email setup and log into your BIS account, then it will prompt you to move the account to that device. Only takes about 5 minutes depending on boot up time.
    12-27-09 03:29 PM
    You can't do it if you use your tour on a CDMA network, if your tour is unlocked and you are using it on say at&t. Or rogers. You could trade sim cards, and it is easy but as a cdma phone you have to call in to change it every time you want to switch phones.

NOW what you can do is look for a shared BB plan with shared minutes, and get a data plan on each

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 03:43 PM
    oops! Sorry. Didn't realize you were on Verizon.
    12-27-09 03:49 PM
    he can still switch devices, whats stopping him, he just doesnt have a sim card. if he has his username password to the bis site, and verizon on speed dial hes good. lol. and yes i switch alot between my phones. more or less is daily/weekly on what my plans are or if ill be working more or playing more.
    12-27-09 03:51 PM
    you can def. switch as much as you would like! *228 option 3 and log into the BIS site and do a device change. I usta go from my curve to my storm alot never had any issues.
    12-27-09 03:55 PM
    Log in to your MyVerizon account and do an ESN swap. Then do the *228 to activate the new phone. Then log in to your BIS and do a Change Device to switch your email push to the new device.
    12-27-09 04:24 PM
    I was on Verizon up until 3 weeks ago. I had the Tour and the Storm, and I would switch them out daily without any issues. I had a CSR activate both phones on my line, and from there I would dial *228 and press 3 (like others have stated).
    12-27-09 04:55 PM
    I was wanting to know about the info on the blackberry, like BBM contacts. I know that I can use the device switch on the DM. Just curious how it works for anyone doing that.

Thanks for the input. :-)
    12-27-09 08:40 PM
    For those who have done the swap, depending on what you feel like using for the month, what about your apps that I bought for the Tour. Will they transfer to the Storm when I do a device swap using DM?
    12-31-09 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD