Sony used some old BBOS devices on BIS, not BES and not BB10 IIRC.
    Since their "inner fortress" was attacked, relying on their own servers for critical communications wasn't an option anymore.
    Which would mean that a BB10 BES device wouldn't have helped them.

Apple's iMessage wasn't hacked either. That was iCloud.
    Was it even hacked, or was it some form of social engineering, btw?
    I believe you're correct, but why let the facts get in the way of a fun narrative?
    MarsupilamiX, JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    03-26-15 02:00 AM
    Stay tuned to Imore...more to come. LOL

Brought to you by an overpriced carrier.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-26-15 02:22 AM
    Stay tuned to Imore...more to come. LOL

Brought to you by an overpriced carrier.
    This comment bears a certain resemblance to another one you made in another thread.

I have a simple question for you, and trust me, it'll make things easier for everyone in here:
    Do you believe that CB should be a place for people to bash every other platform, even though the bashing has no logical basis and is devoid of most information?

If your answer is "no", then please, stop being surprised that you'll find people in here who will try to rectify some pretty wrong assumptions, when it comes down to Apple or Android.
    JeepBB, mornhavon and mikeo007 like this.
    03-26-15 02:32 AM
    You misundertand:
    1) it's Crackberry...for Blackberry Fans

2) No bashing of other OS'S is instigated by most BlackBerry users...but continually pushing "Apple or Droid is supreme, superior ,best bla bla bla and we are going to fill up bathtubs and roll in em" is OLD.

3) Is it that boring to talk about your wonderful devices on their own forums? Are those other forums so lacking in content or users??

So yes...it's trolling.

ḅṛ��ġḧẗ ẗ� ��� ḅ� �ṅ �ṿ�ṛṗṛ�ċ�ḋ ċ�ṛṛ��ṛ.
    03-26-15 04:08 AM
    You misundertand:
    1) it's Crackberry...for Blackberry Fans

2) No bashing of other OS'S is instigated by most BlackBerry users...but continually pushing "Apple or Droid is supreme, superior ,best bla bla bla and we are going to fill up bathtubs and roll in em" is OLD.

3) Is it that boring to talk about your wonderful devices on their own forums? Are those other forums so lacking in content or users??

So yes...it's trolling.

1) It's CrackBerry. Not BashBerry. Being a fan, and trashing other companies is different.
    If you want a fanatic fanboy forum, I'd suggest to look for another.

2) There is a phenomenon called Cognitive Bias.
    It designates a situation, where people create theit own subjective social reality.

I might suffer from it as well, but having followed these forums since 2008 and still remembering things like the Storm being an iPhone killer, the PlayBook being an iPad killer without apps and PIM software, or brilliant slogans like "tools not toys" or the CrackBerry favourites "better Android than Android", "just use the browser" ...
    It's pretty obvious that the problem is mostly the irrational BlackBerry user, who just can't accept that there exists different strokes for different folks.

3) Same answer as in my other reply:
    I use a Z10 as my personal, private phone, because it doesn't support the business apps we use in our enterprise.
    So... This is my forum :O

As a side note: calling someone a troll, is called backseat modding and is considered a form of trolling itself, on CB.
    It's worth an infraction and I COULD report you for it.
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    03-26-15 05:09 AM
    I don't think in camps. But I also have never went to Imore to tell them they are ignorant and my phone is more useful.

I sourced my info, but instead of talking about the source it was dismissed and I get called ignorant.

Way to many documents and sources on google not being private or secure which is why some and a growing number do not use them. I have no clue on how that can be refused.

The same users I have never heard them talk anything about bb10 or functions. I can go to any webpage...ad it to my homescreen and boom it just turned into an "APP" only I didn't have to register with it or give it info under the permise of "delivering me better and more personalized content" Information about users is just as good as currency and no.. no one knows if it stays secure with the developer or that company and who they sell it to...which is one of the many reasons I left droid and apple.

I refuted the "what blackberry is doing" with a 50 minute interview with Chen...nobody watched listened or cared or discussed...and was told it was a lie on zero basis of explanation...
    Like I said, I've used androids and Iphones...seen the ads, the registering, app permission and out right spam in Apps and have had next to zero on BB10. So you don't think some of those ad cookies and registering is used to sell info or spy?? And how about the security risked involved with that.

Sure I'm a BlackBerry fan, And when BlackBerry fell behind...I left, but came back BB10 is good and solid. Talk about innovation..they totally revamped the OS and on top of that offered things not found on Droid or Apple. Limited Apps...sure, but there are a lot of Apps that are security nightmares and it is a company that cares about security. And for a company reinventing itself it can't risk the very foundation it's known for...so it's handling that responsibly. I mean, have you heard about Blackberry hacked or security breaches??

But yet time and time again... Blackberry is behind, for old people, lacks innovation, users are fanboys, they will never gain market share, BB10 is the buggiest software on and on and not true and yet not many call em on these statements and when they do they get slammed...that's not a healthy debate...that's a pissing contest. So I mean if you love your phone...great, share that love with your fellow forums.

I personally don't go to Imore, or Android Central tell them they are ignorant and there devices are not good...so yes..i question your motives and it is logical.

Aman1007 likes this.
    03-26-15 06:11 AM
    And your being the pot calling the kettle black. Report me? For what? You calling me ignorant and saying linked sources are lies. I have every right to call that what it is and be mildly upset about it as well.

03-26-15 06:27 AM
    Apple's iMessage wasn't hacked either. That was iCloud.
    Was it even hacked, or was it some form of social engineering, btw?
    Celebrities set stupid simple passwords based on publicly-available information, and they were brute-forced. Admittedly at the time, (and this seems so stupid as to be almost unbelievable) iCloud allowed unlimited password attempts. Obviously that's since been rectified.

But no. No "hacking" occurred.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-26-15 07:38 PM
    Dumb question, but isn't it the other way round?
    When Apple detects that a certain phone number also uses an Apple iPhone, they automatically upgrade SMS to iMessages.
    Perhaps but it's irrelevant.
    It's up to Apple infrastructure to decide whether an iMessage will go through as sms or not.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4226410?start=15

One can mistakenly believe that the sent messages from iPhone are secure when in fact they go as plain text sms unless the sender uses BBM on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 08:05 PM
    And your being the pot calling the kettle black. Report me? For what? You calling me ignorant and saying linked sources are lies. I have every right to call that what it is and be mildly upset about it as well.

Would rather be a case of the pot calling the cattle back (the black sheep in our case).

As mentioned in my other posts, ignorance isn't an insult. It's a state of mind. There is a distinct difference. When I describe your posts and opinions as ignorant, this is to be understood as them being the opposite of informed and enlightening. Which isn't an insult as far as I know.

An insult would be me calling you dumb. But I didn't do that, and I also had no intention of implying that.
    Actually, I didn't imply anything, I was pretty straightforward: calling someone a troll is a form of trolling. This is a rule on CB. (doesn't mean that I will report you. Would have been cheap).

But yet time and time again... Blackberry is behind, for old people, lacks innovation, users are fanboys, they will never gain market share, BB10 is the buggiest software on and on and not true and yet not many call em on these statements and when they do they get slammed...that's not a healthy debate...that's a pissing contest. So I mean if you love your phone...great, share that love with your fellow forums.

I personally don't go to Imore, or Android Central tell them they are ignorant and there devices are not good...so yes..i question your motives and it is logical.

Where did I say that BlackBerry is for old people?
    BlackBerry is behind the other smartphone manufacturer is absolutely every metric, except for security on a BES. This is factually correct. BlackBerry didn't innovative in the last few years (if the Passport is innovative is still up to debate), also factually correct.
    A lot of BlackBerry users are fanboys, factually correct. I never said that all of them are.
    BB10 when it launched and still under 10.2 as well, was the least complete OS out there, if it also was the buggiest... Maybe.

As I said in my other post:
    I HAVE A BLACKBERRY Z10.
    With 10.3.1 nowadays, that I bought for 600� unlocked when it launched in February 2013.
    So yeah, why should I go to iMore or Android Central again?
    Still not sure about what you try to tell me there.
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 03-27-15 at 08:48 AM.
    03-27-15 08:37 AM
    Perhaps but it's irrelevant.
    It's up to Apple infrastructure to decide whether an iMessage will go through as sms or not.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4226410?start=15

One can mistakenly believe that the sent messages from iPhone are secure when in fact they go as plain text sms unless the sender uses BBM on iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    That's from 2012....
    There's an option called "send as sms", that when not enabled, will not let you send it as an sms. It just won't deliver.

http://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-for...sage-in-ios-7/
    "iMessage is a great way to communicate without blowing your text quota. But there are times when it just won�t work. You see the �Sending�� text and the blue loader (line) trying to inch its way to completion but that never happens. Your message doesn�t get delivered at all.

These are times when you wish the message would just go. At least, as SMS. How do you force a message to be sent as SMS if it fails to deliver as iMessage? That�s what we�re looking at."

Looking at an article from 2015, I still don't understand the "randomness" you speak off:
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/why-some-...ome-are-green/

They clearly show that it's a question of settings.
    Combine those 2 articles and you have all the proof you need, to conclude that there is no randomness when the right settings are ticked.
    An iMessage will not be sent as an SMS if you don't want to.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-27-15 08:46 AM
    That's from 2012.....
    The last post in that thread was done about 3 month ago. Sorry I don't have iPhone to confirm IMessage delivery.

In any case, it's better to install BBM and be safe than trying to decode what those iMessage settings really mean.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-27-15 05:48 PM
    Just a couple of things meantioned in here, whatsappp now has end to end encryption so is by far the most widely used third party app with top encryption levels.

Regarding android apps being able to steal data from other apps, I'm sure google changed android to stop this from happening. One of the reasons why they don't want SD cards (other than pushing people into cloud based storage) is the lack of control they cann assert over apps when they are using the SD card.

iOS messaging has two colours. You can easily tell when iOS is sending by text or iMessage based purely off the colour. It used to be green for SMS and blue for iMessage.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-27-15 06:33 PM
    Just a couple of things meantioned in here, whatsappp now has end to end encryption so is by far the most widely used third party app with top encryption levels.

Regarding android apps being able to steal data from other apps, I'm sure google changed android to stop this from happening. One of the reasons why they don't want SD cards (other than pushing people into cloud based storage) is the lack of control they cann assert over apps when they are using the SD card.

iOS messaging has two colours. You can easily tell when iOS is sending by text or iMessage based purely off the colour. It used to be green for SMS and blue for iMessage.
    If I were crazy about security I wouldn't trust WhatsApp either. They are definitely not concerned about security as first were using some simplistic encryption cracked by a student and then those chat leaks on android devices. Maybe they plugged all the security holes but this comparison shows the same marks as BBM and worse than BBM Protected:
    https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

I trust the old school guys that is BBM.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 08:50 PM
    If I were crazy about security I wouldn't trust WhatsApp either. They are definitely not concerned about security as first were using some simplistic encryption cracked by a student and then those chat leaks on android devices. Maybe they plugged all the security holes but this comparison shows the same marks as BBM and worse than BBM Protected:
    https://www.eff.org/secure-messaging-scorecard

I trust the old school guys that is BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Simplistic encryption?

https://whispersystems.org/blog/whatsapp/

Encryption system used

Not bad for a service that costs a quid a year (if you really want to pay).
    03-28-15 11:32 AM
    Simplistic encryption?

https://whispersystems.org/blog/whatsapp/

Encryption system used

Not bad for a service that costs a quid a year (if you really want to pay).
    Yeap, they had to do that after it was found to be poorly encrypted. Search for a student breaking their code a couple years or so ago. Also read the article - it clearly states that some messages are not encrypted yet - group and media.

Imagine BBM or another security focused messaging system was working for 5 years and then stated that they decided to add encryption and partner with a 3rd party. WhatsApp adds security after community demands it. BBM put security in the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 11:59 AM
    Yeap, they had to do that after it was found to be poorly encrypted. Search for a student breaking their code a couple years or so ago. Also read the article - it clearly states that some messages are not encrypted yet - group and media.

Imagine BBM or another security focused messaging system was working for 5 years and then stated that they decided to add encryption and partner with a 3rd party. WhatsApp adds security after community demands it. BBM put security in the beginning.

Posted via CB10
    That was then and this is now. I don't use Whatsapp but I give them credit for answering consumer complaints with a fix.

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    Yatezy and MarsupilamiX like this.
    03-28-15 01:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's not the point though . Whatsapp did have horrible security/privacy but they've stepped up the game and not only stepped it up completely by passed a lot of its competitors. Once it's fully cross platform (was only Android-Android at the time) and all completely integrated then it is by far the biggest end to end encrypted messaging service. On the Play Store it has 1 billion downloads alone. iOS doesn't have download figures so let's just say it's 500 million.

Let's just say half of them are using it daily, so 750 million people, that's 10 percent of the Earths population that are sending messages that are pretty much impossible to read. BBM on the other hand has 10 percent of whatsapps users (being generous) and they are sending scrambled messages that ain't that hard to decipher. Even less on the BBM Protected.
    Last edited by Yatezy; 03-28-15 at 03:51 PM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-28-15 01:36 PM
    My parents have Moto G (2nd Gen - but they have the same SoC and memory) phones and the only "negative" for them was that the unlock screen changed and it took them a couple of days to get used to it. Lollipop runs quite snappy on their phones.
    Thanks, might try the update then. She's got a LEAP now, so this is her secondary one now. That means we can run a few experiments on it without risking much... :-)

�   "WatsApp with the Chendroid?" - "Goog question, lol..."   �
    07-14-15 04:44 AM
    Long thread with good points.
    My one question still remains: Is BlackBerry (non BES) more secure than the other major platforms or no? I am willing to live with some limited functionality in order to have a more secure device. But, if there's no discernible difference...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:19 AM
    Long thread with good points.
    My one question still remains: Is BlackBerry (non BES) more secure than the other major platforms or no? I am willing to live with some limited functionality in order to have a more secure device. But, if there's no discernible difference...

Posted via CB10
    your phisical device might be a little more secure, but all of your app and internet traffic goes through the same wires/routers as the traffic from iOS, Android and Windows phone.

But you should also remember that most hacks are not actual actually target for physical devices, but for the server side of all apps. There haven't been a lot of reports of remote hacks (without access to the physical device) that are really severe on any platform for some time now.

Also, even for Android (which has the most malware of all mobile OSs), if you only download apps from google play, your chances of actually getting malware is under 1%.
    p51 likes this.
    07-14-15 07:31 AM
    After reading your views on such topics...I am confident to get a Blackberry...

Thanks for clearing such a messy situation..

Finally got a perfect answer for my queries..
    03-31-16 04:10 AM
    Hi..
    I have few doubts...I will be grateful if you help me..
    Shall I post them here or is there any place to send msg directly to you..
    03-31-16 04:25 AM

Is it really true??
    03-31-16 05:53 AM
124 ... 345