Where did I talk about Android or Apple stuff? I never had something like that. I never defended them, why should I??? - The rest of your many words is a lot of hot air, as we say, tldr.
    You mentioned Apple with Link...didn't mean to put words in your mouth. but I don't use anything with Apple...mainly because of the cloud. I'm not a big fan of clouds unless they are either blackberry or Mega...because someone hacking those since they are both heavily encrypted most likely would not be hacked or could be. My beef is with Android...plug into any computer your in, Google shares everything, has an NSA back door. apple.with nude celeb pics out into the open after they told.people their cloud was safe. Blackberry...doesn't seem to have those issues. I didn't mean to come off as abrasive,privacy is important to me. So when someone tells.me their device is just as secure as mine...I get a little offended...because BB doesn't drill me for app permissions or try to suck me into Google +. my emails.dont even travel through blackberry servers, BBM does, but as I said it is AES 256 encrypted, my device in the settings menu is encrypted...the server just delivers it...it can't read it...which is why if I call Blackberry...they can't recover it.

bℯ��ℯř ฬ�ђ bℓ�ckbℯřřɣ
    03-18-15 05:57 AM
    These setting are built in along with a cryptographic chip...other devices have apps for this but this is what's built in.....and my z10 is 2 yrs old...my passport is a workhorse and even better.

Attachment 342128

bℯ��ℯř ฬ�ђ bℓ�ckbℯřřɣ
    03-18-15 06:11 AM
    Can you give examples.of blackberry "spying" collecting data? I'm not asking this to be condescending. BlackBerry has asked nothing from my device. ALL OF THE APPS I use I have full.control on permission settings and BlackBerry is the only platform that has allowed me to do this. Private browsing is really private browsing...no history, cookies anything lives on my phone after I close it. I never get pop up ads on my phone...again this is the only platform I have used where 80% of marketing does not touch my phone. BBM has a timer and is better than snap chat...when I'm chatting with someone on BBM...I never see an ad, unless I go into.the "feeds" section...but even there the Ads ARE NOT targeted to me, my shopping habits or my specific device. NO app I have gets my contacts...because I DID NOT give permissions....and yet my apps all work. BlackBerry does not scan my emails and send me targeted ads...Google does...that's how they make their money. So please,educate me. Picture password cannot be cracked...you can stand right over me looking at me do it...and you still won't figure it out. HUB...can handle my 300 contacts, 3 different emails, text and BBM...and does it faster. I don't use whatsapp or Facebook or Twitter or instagram because they sell your privacy for a living...almost to the point of asking for blood or a stool sample. Nobody with an iPhone or Android can walk past and scan by RFID to get my phone info. I don't not have to install third party Apps for security such as lookout mobile security or avast because Blackberry has it built in...wrong password device is wiped automatically. I get home, plug it into link and my info is back....my info does not live on Google cloud...it lives on my computer through link. BlackBerry cannot restore my apps and contact info over the air if I call them, they don't keep my info on some server in india...not that anything is wrong with india...but I'm just sayin. My data is on my PC...link just facilitated it. Apple magically restores ALL your info and apps including contacts and so does google...all over the air and from a cloud. Whereas you need link or blend to do this on the Blackberry. This is just a short list...I am too tired and too lazy to go into all the security features of a blackberry....all I can say is if you don't use one...you don't know how it works.

bℯ��ℯř ฬ�ђ bℓ�ckbℯřřɣ
    Sure; just read BB's terms of service. They are collecting your data (and mine) and if you don't believe that you are just choosing to be blind to it which is fine if that's what you want to believe.
    03-18-15 08:17 AM
    I wouldn't worry too much here.

First of all, your BlackBerry ID is not associated with any cloud storage service.
    Apple, Google and Microsoft are pushing their customers to make back-ups in their cloud services, so if you want to keep your data on your phone, a BB 10 device is just more simple.

And then, yes, if you would activate
    - "Data Collection" under Location Services or
    - "Search for contact details" in the settings of the contact app or
    - "Cloud Synchronisation" in Password Keeper
    - the new Assistant
    - "Diagnostics" under Security and Privacy

then your BB 10 device would start to upload certain data to BlackBerry, but all this is "off" by default.

The only pitfall is if you would create an e-mail account not via the advanced mode, then your password is transmitted to BlackBerry for a first set-up.

Oh yes, and if you would activate "Show What I'm Listening To" under BBM Settings, better don't browse any adult stuff while this feature is activated...

But in a nutshell:
    Any uninformed user who starts "playing" with a BB 10 device, will most likely not lose too much data.
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    03-18-15 05:14 PM
    I wouldn't worry too much here.

First of all, your BlackBerry ID is not associated with any cloud storage service.
    Apple, Google and Microsoft are pushing their customers to make back-ups in their cloud services, so if you want to keep your data on your phone, a BB 10 device is just more simple.

And then, yes, if you would activate
    - "Data Collection" under Location Services or
    - "Search for contact details" in the settings of the contact app or
    - "Cloud Synchronisation" in Password Keeper
    - the new Assistant
    - "Diagnostics" under Security and Privacy

then your BB 10 device would start to upload certain data to BlackBerry, but all this is "off" by default.

The only pitfall is if you would create an e-mail account not via the advanced mode, then your password is transmitted to BlackBerry for a first set-up.

Oh yes, and if you would activate "Show What I'm Listening To" under BBM Settings, better don't browse any adult stuff while this feature is activated...

But in a nutshell:
    Any uninformed user who starts "playing" with a BB 10 device, will most likely not lose too much data.
    Has anyone proven the password is sent for non advanced email setup?

It could just send the email address to BlackBerry who has a database or method to poll the email provider to check the connection method or server information before loading that to your device and doing direct authentication with your email provider.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 05:52 PM
    Friend, you ignore the server side completely. What do you know about what RIM servers do in background and what your device sends to them in background? Did you realize that RIM asks for your email account's password before (!) the account is configured on your device? Did you realize that every BBM chat goes over RIM's servers? A BB device has nothing built in, at least nothing more than every other phone has. A BB device is just in the lucky situation not to be a device for the masses. Sure you have to install 3rd party software for encryption and security. And is Link on your Windows PC or Apple secure? Are you sure? What does Link with your contacts and your calender data? And what do other software parts on this computer with Link's data?

I don't want to confuse you. But most of this security talk is just still based on confidence. And RIM has this convidence, still, it's their capital.
    Pure comedy.

Posted via CB10
    lift and Kimberella like this.
    03-18-15 06:23 PM
    Thanks for the replies.
    Got rid of Q10 yesterday, as i found a buyer. It gave me a bad experience overall - with its unpredictable OS and battery. No wonder why people kept asking me 'why still own a blackberry?'. There are much better alternatives at half the price. I feel ripped off for buying an overpriced phone.
    Never again.
    03-19-15 03:47 AM
    There are much better alternatives at half the price.
    Oh, tell us some, please! Especially not overpriced ones, please!
    03-19-15 04:04 AM
    Oh, tell us some, please! Especially not overpriced ones, please!
    moto g 1st gen
    moto g 2nd gen
    moto e 2nd gen
    moto x 1st gen
    OnePlus One
    nexus 4
    nexus 5
    asus zenphone 5
    asus zenphone 2
    iphone 5c
    samsung galaxy s3
    samsung galaxy s4
    as long as you are not an Enterprise user.

..are you?
    Last edited by Q90; 03-19-15 at 04:44 AM.
    03-19-15 04:34 AM
    moto g 1st gen
    moto g 2nd gen
    moto e 2nd gen
    moto x 1st gen
    OnePlus One
    nexus 4
    nexus 5
    asus zenphone 5
    asus zenphone 2
    iphone 5c
    samsung galaxy s3
    samsung galaxy s4

..are you?
    Guess nobody wants a physical keyboard....

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 04:52 AM
    moto g 1st gen
    moto g 2nd gen
    moto e 2nd gen
    moto x 1st gen
    OnePlus One
    nexus 4
    nexus 5
    asus zenphone 5
    asus zenphone 2
    iphone 5c
    samsung galaxy s3
    samsung galaxy s4

..are you?
    There is another forum called AndroidCentral....

му ηєω мιηι ℓαρтσρ...αкα ραѕѕρσят!!!
    clickitykeys, lift and Kimberella like this.
    03-19-15 04:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    market says so.
    waste space when not in using the keyboard, shortcuts are nice, but not something worth sacrifice the space for.
    unfortunately i fell for it.

There is another forum called AndroidCentral....

denial at its best
    03-19-15 05:15 AM
    Attachment 342471

03-19-15 04:35 PM
    moto g 1st gen
    moto g 2nd gen
    moto e 2nd gen
    moto x 1st gen
    OnePlus One
    nexus 4
    nexus 5
    asus zenphone 5
    asus zenphone 2
    iphone 5c
    samsung galaxy s3
    samsung galaxy s4

..are you?
    All of these received Android Lollipop? Second, do they run as smooth if it's 1 year old or 2 years old.
    BlackBerry still give you the latest updates even when you're running a 2 years old hardware like the Z10. Pretty much an entirely different phone with the latest updates.

I don't know if moto g1st gen, S3, nexus 4 even gotten Lollipop. Even if they did, it would be slow as schit because of old hardware. I updated my sister 2nd gen nexus 7 and I am extremely disappointed. They're doing this to make you go out and buy new devices.

Yes, we know you made a mistake for buying Q10. Yes, you want others to know how you feel about BlackBerry. Do you feel much better now after your bad experiences with BlackBerry?
    03-20-15 06:08 PM
    All of these received Android Lollipop? Second, do they run as smooth if it's 1 year old or 2 years old.
    BlackBerry still give you the latest updates even when you're running a 2 years old hardware like the Z10. Pretty much an entirely different phone with the latest updates.

I don't know if moto g1st gen, S3, nexus 4 even gotten Lollipop. Even if they did, it would be slow as schit because of old hardware. I updated my sister 2nd gen nexus 7 and I am extremely disappointed. They're doing this to make you go out and buy new devices.

Yes, we know you made a mistake for buying Q10. Yes, you want others to know how you feel about BlackBerry. Do you feel much better now after your bad experiences with BlackBerry?
    I can't speak for all of the phones in the list that you quoted, but the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Moto G 1st gen and OnePlus One most certainly did get updates to Lollipop. I know because there are at least one of each of those phones in my house right now. None of them run "slow as Schit" either. Not even the Moto Gs do.

Android keeps getting better and better with every update. If anything, Lollipop only made the Nexus 4 and Moto Gs perform better. It isn't the days of Gingerbread anymore and the folks who continue to act like it is only make themselves appear clueless.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-20-15 06:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry marketshare of 0.4% in 2014.
    Very likely a 60:40 split favour of touchscreen phones. The Z10 has been the best selling BB10 device...

So yeah we assume a generous 50:50 split between keyboard and touchscreen BlackBerries, and thus keyboards have 0.2% marketshare, since nobody apart from BlackBerry even bothers to make those anymore.

The market clearly shows that "Nobody" wants keyboards.
    No form factor has seen as much decline in terms of marketshare, except for feature phones.

This year keyboard phones will have a marketshare of 0.1% at best.
    Not sure if this sounds promising to you.

These setting are built in along with a cryptographic chip...other devices have apps for this but this is what's built in.....and my z10 is 2 yrs old...my passport is a workhorse and even better.

Attachment 342128

bℯ��ℯř ฬ�ђ bℓ�ckbℯřřɣ
    Aren't the new Apple and Android devices encrypted by default?
    I read an article about some governments whining that Apple and Google now assist criminals, through their inclusion of device encryption.

Anyhow, just a question.
    I might have missed it, but since when is there a granular way to restrict Android app permissions?
    As far as I know, apks from Android app stores don't allow you to enable/disable the interesting permissions.
    This only works for native apps.

Since BlackBerry's Ecosystem is fully reliant on apks.....
    In how far is a BlackBerry better than a standard Android, if you actually use the runtime?
    (As someone who refuses to use Android apps on a BlackBerry, this obviously doesn't affect me, but as the self-named master of security, this seems inherently insecure.)
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-20-15 09:39 PM
    I wouldn't know...I stopped using android and apple a year ago.

03-20-15 11:15 PM
    BlackBerry marketshare of 0.4% in 2014.
    Very likely a 60:40 split favour of touchscreen phones. The Z10 has been the best selling BB10 device...

So yeah we assume a generous 50:50 split between keyboard and touchscreen BlackBerries, and thus keyboards have 0.2% marketshare, since nobody apart from BlackBerry even bothers to make those anymore.

The market clearly shows that "Nobody" wants keyboards.
    No form factor has seen as much decline in terms of marketshare, except for feature phones.

This year keyboard phones will have a marketshare of 0.1% at best.
    Not sure if this sounds promising to you.

Aren't the new Apple and Android devices encrypted by default?
    I read an article about some governments whining that Apple and Google now assist criminals, through their inclusion of device encryption.

Anyhow, just a question.
    I might have missed it, but since when is there a granular way to restrict Android app permissions?
    As far as I know, apks from Android app stores don't allow you to enable/disable the interesting permissions.
    This only works for native apps.

Since BlackBerry's Ecosystem is fully reliant on apks.....
    In how far is a BlackBerry better than a standard Android, if you actually use the runtime?
    (As someone who refuses to use Android apps on a BlackBerry, this obviously doesn't affect me, but as the self-named master of security, this seems inherently insecure.)
    Blackberrys system can run APKS but it doesn't "run" on them...it runs on QNX.

03-20-15 11:16 PM
    Blackberrys system can run APKS but it doesn't "run" on them...it runs on QNX.

I don't really know in how far that is an answer to my post.
    Concerning security risks from app data leaks, BlackBerry being fully reliant on the Android ecosystem, doesn't seem to be that secure, given the fact that we can't edit app permissions.
    That's what I said.

In how far does your post relate to that?
    03-21-15 02:31 PM
    And what I said is blackberry is NOT reliant on android for anything. Blackberry CAN make Android apps function. But Android /Linux cannot run BB10 OS.

03-21-15 06:06 PM
    http://www.tgdaily.com/opinion-featu...ry-still-rules

03-21-15 06:15 PM
    And what I said is blackberry is NOT reliant on android for anything. Blackberry CAN make Android apps function. But Android /Linux cannot run BB10 OS.

Thank heavens!

Keep in mind that BB10 running Android is out of necessity, and (IMHO) is a huge drawback with regards to the long-term prognosis of the platform.

It was a gamble that ultimately hurts the platform. BBRY is reliant on Android a this point for ecosystem. Don't see how anyone can say otherwise.
    03-21-15 06:45 PM
    Thank heavens!

Keep in mind that BB10 running Android is out of necessity, and (IMHO) is a huge drawback with regards to the long-term prognosis of the platform.

It was a gamble that ultimately hurts the platform. BBRY is reliant on Android a this point for ecosystem. Don't see how anyone can say otherwise.
    Blackberry can run without Android ecosystem, but to appeal to the " let's social network" users and " we don't care what we put on facebook" and " yeah, we don't mind being target marketed"which unfortunately is a large % of people. Different ecosystems apps function in different ways ....Apple for example has always been tied to just their ecosystem...peripherals, software ...everything has to be Apple..and at a premium price. Windows...you used to be able to plug n play everything. Blackberry hardware is secure yet QNX has the possibility to mix with any ecosystem...which gives them a unique advantage. QNX and android can mix, QNX and Apple could mix but Android and Apple can not based on how they are written.

03-21-15 10:35 PM

My wife gets it offered almost daily on her Moto G (1st gen), and she refuses to update, because it's probably gonna wreck the phone experience...

My Nexus 4 runs Ubuntu and it's gonna stay there... :-)

�   Qchen, with new keyboard :-)   �
    03-22-15 07:25 AM
    I was looking at Ubuntu at one point. I could not find a way to use or buy for use in the states yet. I love blackberry and stay with blackberry, but I really wanted to check out that phone. The firefox phone is another one I want to get my hands on.

http://www.ubuntu.com/phone/features

03-22-15 11:10 AM
124 1234 ...