So I can get a torch 9800 for $115 (It's used but mint condition). Or I can get a 9780 (its hard to find one for around 100 - 120 (used). Or I can get a 9700 for ($80)

I don't really use games, or apps which is why I'm getting a blackberry not an iPhone. I heard the torch has worse voice quality and stuff... And I kind of want to get a 9360 curve since I can get OS 7, but will not being able to get new OS affect me with the torch or bolds?

I also hear the keyboard isn't as good on the torch?
    03-08-12 09:19 PM
    9780 sounds like it will suite you. Great phone. The OS has come a long way and is very useful.
    03-08-12 10:30 PM
    to me, the torch keypad is ok ......and you have the luxury of both a touchscreen and physical keypad. But the 9780 is a banger and a good phone too ...it's up to your personal preference
    03-09-12 04:15 PM
    I think that the Bold 9780 is going to be the one you are looking for, it's a good device i used it for a long time, it's reliable and nice.. easy to use especially for texting/emails ... i suggest you to get a new 9780 or a used unlocked but in a good condition from Ebay...
    03-10-12 10:22 AM
    Curves cause finger cramps when typing. 9700 is just errr.... A little old and a bit underpowered for Os 6 and the 9800 is cool but also too underpowered for Os 6 and a touchscreen device in general.
    03-10-12 11:03 AM
    Don't be afraid of the new curves. They have the same screen and same keyboard width as the older Bolds but are half as thick. They also run os 7 and have better internal specs like a faster processor, wifi hotspot, NFC, and FM radio.

Some people don't like the curve style keyboard but I actually prefer it to the bold's. That's a matter of personal preference.

The price is good on them too. I got mine for free after rebate.

I would not go back to my old os6 Bold after using an os7 curve.

The decision is of course yours. Only you can decide what is right for you. I just wanted to state that a lot of the old Curve drawbacks no longer apply.

Good luck and enjoy whatever device you choose.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    03-10-12 11:30 AM
    Don't be afraid of the new curves. They have the same screen and same keyboard width as the older Bolds but are half as thick. They also run os 7 and have better internal specs like a faster processor, wifi hotspot, NFC, and FM radio.

Some people don't like the curve style keyboard but I actually prefer it to the bold's. That's a matter of personal preference.

The price is good on them too. I got mine for free after rebate.

I would not go back to my old os6 Bold after using an os7 curve.

The decision is of course yours. Only you can decide what is right for you. I just wanted to state that a lot of the old Curve drawbacks no longer apply.

Good luck and enjoy whatever device you choose.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    I refrained from the curve because I didn't like the keyboard. Obviously, it is a matter of preference. I took a torch because of touch and big screen and pretty good battery.
    03-10-12 11:48 AM
    I'd choose the Bold 9780 if you can. I think it would be a much better fit juding from your description.
    03-10-12 02:05 PM
    Either 9800 or 9780, depending on your preference
    03-11-12 05:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD