From the full functional file manager, micro SD storage, expandable and removable batteries, availability of physical keyboards, and the Hub, BlackBerry 10 does have more functionality than Apple Ios.
    Many things the average person does not need. Glad you are enjoying them though, nothing wrong with that.
    09-30-15 01:30 PM
    The lack of sales does not necessarily mean the lack of functionality.

I would in fact put BlackBerry 10 higher in terms of functionality, but other customers either do not know, or do not realize they need it.

From the full functional file manager, micro SD storage, expandable and removable batteries, availability of physical keyboards, and the Hub, BlackBerry 10 does have more functionality than Apple Ios.

One app that I started using on BlackBerry 10 is "Blue Touchpad" which turns your BlackBerry 10 phone to a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Attachment 373861
    Attachment 373862
    Attachment 373863

I looked, and there is no substitute in both Ios and Android.

Posted via CB10
    What sales do underscore is how much stock people put in those features. Even those of us who don't use an iPhone can agree that it is a very useful business tool.

If we are to assume that the iPhone is an effective business tool even without a stock file manager (and it it), thn one can logically assume that such a feature, while of utmost importance to me, really isn't needed by most people to get stuff done. It could be argued that such features are wasted for most people.

And then, a lot of those features can be added to iOS and Android devices if the owner really wants to. Not the same for BB10 deficiencies. So, if I really want, I could get those features on other platforms AND have better resale value? Sometimes, I think I'm crazy for not investing in an iPhone LOL.

There are several options to make other platform devices have the mouse/keyboard feature, BTW, and they have been around for a while.

Not discounting your experience; iOS is not the most functional OS for me either. Simply pointing out that it's tough to say that BB10 is better with regards to functionality for most people.
    Poirots Progeny and TgeekB like this.
    09-30-15 01:40 PM
    There are other factors besides price; e.g., google the words " 23% iPhone cracked screen " or the need for an iPod, if you have a big music library, as you cannot put a microSD card in an iPhone

BB, Still the One
    One has to laugh at the "23% iPhone cracked screen" thing. That article was published on Feburary 9th 2013. On February 6th an article was published saying that they analysts were predicting 300 million iPhone users by the end of 2013. So, let's say there were 200 million iPhone users at the end of 2012. 2,471 iPhone users responded to that survey. That's such a minuscule sample size to accurately represent all iPhone users.
    jallister and Coachbulldog like this.
    09-30-15 02:02 PM
    I'd rather have an SD Card too... but there have been articles about the performance issues with using SD cards. The can cut the performance by a LOT, and then the failure rate of SD Cards is higher... there are just a number of reasons that manufactures don't want to be responsible for someone else SD card becoming a negative for their products.

I just wish they'd all make 64 GB the minimum size.....
    09-30-15 02:10 PM
    I was really broke and I needed money urgently, so I place a ad online for my BlackBerry Z30 and my Iphone 5c. I got so many buyers interested on the iphone 5c and only one person called for the blackberry. The Iphone has been sold now and at a very reasonable price.

Posted via CB10
    What was your original purchase price for both. Secondly, what could the buyer get them for on Amazon now.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 02:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Did you look in the right place? I looked on google play and there are multiple apps that do this?
    09-30-15 02:21 PM
    I'd rather have an SD Card too... but there have been articles about the performance issues with using SD cards. The can cut the performance by a LOT, and then the failure rate of SD Cards is higher... there are just a number of reasons that manufactures don't want to be responsible for someone else SD card becoming a negative for their products.

I just wish they'd all make 64 GB the minimum size.....
    I have found the cloud to be slow at times also. Yes the good thing about cloud is they have backups. As should we if we value our files.

Reminds me to backup lol
    09-30-15 02:23 PM
    One of the many options in the iPhone app store:

Rello likes this.
    09-30-15 02:38 PM
    The lack of sales does not necessarily mean the lack of functionality.

I would in fact put BlackBerry 10 higher in terms of functionality, but other customers either do not know, or do not realize they need it.

One app that I started using on BlackBerry 10 is "Blue Touchpad" which turns your BlackBerry 10 phone to a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Attachment 373861
    Attachment 373862
    Attachment 373863

Posted via CB10
    I literally Googled mouse followed by itunes or android

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/remo...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eandroid&hl=en

Both the first links in google
    09-30-15 03:54 PM
    All valid points raised. Really, it comes down to consumer demand. IPhones are in massive demand (13 million opening weekend!) and BlackBerry devices are not. Of course the iphone will have greater resale value.
    Sent using tapatalk!
    09-30-15 04:50 PM
    It's that

iFetish factor that's causing this... :-)

�   Forget the name, ... Priv it on! :-)   �
    09-30-15 09:09 PM
    I literally Googled mouse followed by itunes or android

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/remo...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eandroid&hl=en

Both the first links in google
    Blue TouchPad does *not* need any software installed on your computer in order to control it. It uses generic Bluetooth protocol. It can even connect to other tablets and smartphones, something that none of the those apps on Android or iOS offers. This is why this app is unique on BB10.
    skstrials and Yatezy like this.
    10-01-15 09:03 AM
    The bottom line is that an Iphone can cost more than 5 times the cost of a $200 BlackBerry 10 device, but it is not really 5 times the phone.

Any BlackBerry 10 device can exceed the storage available for the Iphone with the use of a micro SD card.
    It can utilize physical keyboard shortcuts from the home screen to launch apps, call/text contacts, turn on or off bluetooth, and turn the flash light on. All this without clicking on any icons on the screen.

It can also use its notification light to let you know what kind of notification and from whom even before you unlock the phone.
    3rd party apps allow for even further customization of the led light too.

The argument that you are saving money by buying an Apple product is moot because we all know Apple has the highest profit margin BY FAR in any tech companies. This means Apple is charging the customers the most ON TOP of the cost of running the company.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    10-01-15 09:30 AM
    Blue TouchPad does *not* need any software installed on your computer in order to control it. It uses generic Bluetooth protocol. It can even connect to other tablets and smartphones, something that none of the those apps on Android or iOS offers. This is why this app is unique on BB10.
    This.

There is no set up procedure for Blue TouchPad, just need to connect the phone and the tablet together.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 09:32 AM
    This.

There is no set up procedure for Blue TouchPad, just need to connect the phone and the tablet together.

Posted via CB10
    And obviously 99.9% of the population doesn't need it, or is it they don't know they need it? It's like some Blackberry users live in an alternate universe than the rest of the population. The rest of the population is getting by just fine, running companies, saving lives in hospitals, going to law school, etc. If Blackberry works for you, great, but don't look for reasons why the rest of the world should switch. They are all doing great also.
    pantlesspenguin and JeepBB like this.
    10-01-15 04:18 PM
    And obviously 99.9% of the population doesn't need it, or is it they don't know they need it? It's like some Blackberry users live in an alternate universe than the rest of the population. The rest of the population is getting by just fine, running companies, saving lives in hospitals, going to law school, etc. If Blackberry works for you, great, but don't look for reasons why the rest of the world should switch. They are all doing great also.
    He was just talking about some Bluetooth thing. Nowhere did he say that the entire population of the world needed it.

To further extend your thought though, hospitals, law school, etc., were all getting along just fine without any smartphones of any kind, including your beloved iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 05:02 PM
    He was just talking about some Bluetooth thing. Nowhere did he say that the entire population of the world needed it.

To further extend your thought though, hospitals, law school, etc., were all getting along just fine without any smartphones of any kind, including your beloved iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    How did you know I got an iPhone? It's working out quite well too, even though I do not have that Bluetooth thingy that is so important. If you ever want to borrow it just let me know.
    10-01-15 05:08 PM
    The bottom line is that an Iphone can cost more than 5 times the cost of a $200 BlackBerry 10 device, but it is not really 5 times the phone.

Any BlackBerry 10 device can exceed the storage available for the Iphone with the use of a micro SD card.
    It can utilize physical keyboard shortcuts from the home screen to launch apps, call/text contacts, turn on or off bluetooth, and turn the flash light on. All this without clicking on any icons on the screen.

It can also use its notification light to let you know what kind of notification and from whom even before you unlock the phone.
    3rd party apps allow for even further customization of the led light too.

The argument that you are saving money by buying an Apple product is moot because we all know Apple has the highest profit margin BY FAR in any tech companies. This means Apple is charging the customers the most ON TOP of the cost of running the company.

Posted via CB10
    Value is relative so any argument is largely moot. It's clearly not for you but conversely your list of valued capabilities runs very low on my value list. Therefore the phone may be "only" $200 but it would be wasted $200 for me.

FYI, if you are going to rail against Apple's profit margins, compare against how BBRY does. You might be surprised. Apple makes a crapload of money but they also have high costs.
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-01-15 06:03 PM
    How did you know I got an iPhone? It's working out quite well too, even though I do not have that Bluetooth thingy that is so important. If you ever want to borrow it just let me know.
    Playing the odds. These threads comparing to Apple always bring out the usual suspects err...Apple enthusiasts.

I would never have a need for an iPhone. Me berries never let me down. But thanks anyways. If you ever have to Bluetooth something, you can borrow one my BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:26 PM
    Playing the odds. These threads comparing to Apple always bring out the usual suspects err...Apple enthusiasts.

I would never have a need for an iPhone. Me berries never let me down. But thanks anyways. If you ever have to Bluetooth something, you can borrow one my BlackBerrys.

Posted via CB10
    See, that's the way it should be, mutual respect.
    10-01-15 06:36 PM
45 12