I got BlackBerry Bold 9700 as second mobile. I have no BIS account on thay, no servicebooks installed and even I blocked DATA trough operator for unwanted data usage. And Just found that you can use Twitter for BlackBerry and Facebook for BlackBerry in this conditions over WiFi! I have to mention that there is no push notifications on this conditions. You can try other native apps If they works or not. Don't forget to let us know if they works.

I used Twitter for BlackBerry v2.0.0.11 which is released today and Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0.0.19 Beta!

Here are screenshots! (You can see GSM icon on screenshots)

SCrid2000 likes this.
    05-19-11 03:08 PM
    about time RIM atleast let people use these apps without being tied into BIS
    05-19-11 04:03 PM
    on the previous version i know they were not allowed, or maybe that was just me.

on the current though, it's already possible? Without BIS? nice! o
    05-19-11 10:15 PM
    Now all we need is RIM to release Facebook 2.0 to public and we're set!
    Twitter 2.0 being released will keep me content, for now.
    05-19-11 10:23 PM
    I'm in the same boat the next (brief) while. At any rate, to answer your question, Google Talk definitely doesn't work. And, until very recently I couldn't download any software or upgrades via AppWorld. Although I created a BB ID online, App World kept complaining about my not having agreed to its terms and conditions. It just started working after I connected to Desktop Manager. No idea why - and I don't know if that's related at all.
    05-19-11 10:35 PM
    awesome, thanks man!
    05-23-11 09:44 PM
    What about IM apps? That would get a lot of people happy!
    05-23-11 09:55 PM
    i have downloaded facebook from app world,but every time i want to lounch it,it says "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application"
    what to do????
    i have BB 9700
    06-05-11 08:40 AM
    i have downloaded facebook from app world,but every time i want to lounch it,it says "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application"
    what to do????
    i have BB 9700
    You need a data plan with Blackberry Internet Service, that's what you need.
    In this thread, they're talking about Facebook 2.0 Beta which isn't released to the public yet.
    So that's why it isn't working for you on just WiFi.
    06-05-11 02:08 PM
    What I want to see is built in EAS support for the native email, calendar and contact apps.
    06-05-11 05:25 PM
    You can also use Logicmail for your emails, it doesn't use bis.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 03:59 AM
    This is... WONDERFUL!!!!! I'll have to see if this works for telus mobility...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-11 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD