I read somewhere that if your BB doesn't sync with your DM or other application software it could be because you're not using a BB USB micro cable. Is this true? I bought an aftermarket USB micro cable on Amazon.com and it doesn't work. I'm not sure I should shell out money for another cable if it won't make a difference.
    09-21-11 01:50 AM
    did your BB not come with a USB cable?
    09-21-11 03:26 AM
    Just might be a bad cable. I have a micro USB cable for my Kodak camera. The 2 cables sit next to each other on my desk and in a hurry I plugged the Kodak cable into my phone. The phone started charging and DM opened. In less than 15 seconds I realized what I did and switched cables. But it worked.
    Alec52 likes this.
    09-21-11 06:33 AM
    No, not true. Micro USB is defined by a standard. You don't need a BB-branded one.

While it isn't frequent that it happens, it certainly is possible that your cable is broken. Micro USB cables tend to be quite common, so if it were me I would look to borrow a friend's cable to check if that is indeed the problem.

Cheers,
    Alec52 likes this.
    09-21-11 06:35 AM
    I have used several different Micro USB cables to charge my 'Berry (including a retractable one, and I haven't had a problem (as opposed to the Motorola dumbphone I had before -- it was totally hit or miss whether a given cable or charger would work)
    Alec52 likes this.
    09-21-11 10:53 PM
    did your BB not come with a USB cable?
    My BB was given to me by a friend who got a newer phone. Unfortunately, she didn't have a USB cable to go along with it.
    09-21-11 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD