Can I connect my Vodafone dongle internet device to BlackBerry 10.2 os?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:16 AM
    Weird how you think its ok for a 2 year old tablet to have USB support but not enough RAM to support BB10.
    REALLY!?!?

The PlayBook had very advanced hardware when it was released. iPad 1 doesn't even support iOS 6.

Weird how you think 3 phones by Blackberry in 2013 tipped to be the leaders in mobile computing do not support Miracast or USB support when other android devices have had this for years.
    I know they don't support Miracast and USB support. What's your point?

Unless you think that I think it is okay for BlackBerry not to support it?
    They didn't support it, so don't buy that product. The Z30 supports it, so why so sad?

STOP IMPROVING YOUR PRODUCTS BLACKBERRY!!!! IT MAKES PEOPLE ANGRY!!!!

Meanwhile, the iPhone has the following hardware limitations: No Miracast; No DLNA; No USB OTG (correct me if I am wrong); No Wireless Charging; No SD Card Storage; No NFC!!!!; No HDMI; No micro-USB Port.

I plan on using Miracast HEAPS (already picked out my TV). USB OTG will be soooooooo useful with my job. I already have purchased lots of Qi Wireless charging for my home/work/study. I use SD Card Storage everyday, swapping in and out of different devices and with people. HDMI features everyday, to play with my GamePad for various games (did iOS even have gamepad support until version 7????). Oh yeah, and my home/work/study areas are fully fully kitted out with NFC. I just hope NFC compatibility is upgraded soon.

My $600 phone with a $150 SD Card (totalling 80GB) is $379 cheaper than the 64GB iPhone 5S, and $119 cheaper than the 32GB iphone 5C.

If BlackBerry released a phone like this, with a propietry charger, it would be hammered into the ground by reviewers, severely.

iPhone 5S launched to 8-9 million purchasers on the opening weekend. Perhaps BlackBerry should take a page from their book and release low-end hardware that only has a good CPU.

On top of this, the 5C is more expensive than the Z10 was at launch in many countries.

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    RAUB, BBPandy and mexicangangboss like this.
    10-08-13 08:56 AM
    REALLY!?!?

The PlayBook had very advanced hardware when it was released. iPad 1 doesn't even support iOS 6.
    The Playbook was released in mid 2011, it was "supposed" to get software updates (PB 2.X) to allow USB OTG, the rooted version allowed it. BB10 was then slated to fill all the gaps, expected to release in 2012, delayed by a year, then cancelled in 2013 due to the hardware being a pile of rubbish.

Your comparing iPad 1, released at the beginning of 2010, to iOS6, released at the END of 2012 (all users had iOS6 by 2013)
    Thats almost a full 3 years compared to the Playbooks mere 1-2 years.

I know they don't support Miracast and USB support. What's your point?
    If you read my post, you'd know, your weirdly happy the phone is supposed to be a successor, although its good they have improved the product, why on earth did they include a certain hardware in a two year old device (playbook) but then remove it for the three devices, and then re-add it for the Z30 when the experience is supposed to be the same?

THORSTEN HEINS
    "At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these."

Originally these were supposed to launch together or slightly staggered due to unforeseen delays, but now they seem like successors not differentiators in form factors.
    Meanwhile, the iPhone has the following hardware limitations: No Miracast; No DLNA; No USB OTG (correct me if I am wrong); No Wireless Charging; No SD Card Storage; No NFC!!!!; No HDMI; No micro-USB Port.
    Yet the IPHONE smashes the Z30 in all of those ^

* Miracast, DLNA, HDMI
    totally owned by Apple (United Kingdom) - AirPlay - Play content from iOS devices on Apple TV.

* Wireless charging
    The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone STA100-3 supports wireless charging (this feature is carrier-dependent)., not all Z30's will have wireless charging, why am I not surprised, the different BB10 devices have different features, now even the SAME models have different features (Z10 - STL1 vs STL2,3,4) & (Z30 wireless charging vs non charging)

What use is expandable storage when.... unlike on an iPhone with 64GB internal storage, you run out of space after downloading a few apps/games/movies?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ce-now-856793/

NFC - yes ok Blackberry has had this since the 9900, never used it, no company in the UK incorporates NFC (yet).

So yeh, you can shout and scream as much as you like, but if your really under the illusion that Blackberry is improving their products, wow, you really are quite uninformed.
    10-09-13 09:27 AM
    The Playbook was released in mid 2011, it was "supposed" to get software updates (PB 2.X) to allow USB OTG, the rooted version allowed it. BB10 was then slated to fill all the gaps, expected to release in 2012, delayed by a year, then cancelled in 2013 due to the hardware being a pile of rubbish.

Your comparing iPad 1, released at the beginning of 2010, to iOS6, released at the END of 2012 (all users had iOS6 by 2013)
    Thats almost a full 3 years compared to the Playbooks mere 1-2 years.

If you read my post, you'd know, your weirdly happy the phone is supposed to be a successor, although its good they have improved the product, why on earth did they include a certain hardware in a two year old device (playbook) but then remove it for the three devices, and then re-add it for the Z30 when the experience is supposed to be the same?

Yet the IPHONE smashes the Z30 in all of those ^

* Miracast, DLNA, HDMI
    totally owned by Apple (United Kingdom) - AirPlay - Play content from iOS devices on Apple TV.

* Wireless charging
    The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone STA100-3 supports wireless charging (this feature is carrier-dependent)., not all Z30's will have wireless charging, why am I not surprised, the different BB10 devices have different features, now even the SAME models have different features (Z10 - STL1 vs STL2,3,4) & (Z30 wireless charging vs non charging)

What use is expandable storage when.... unlike on an iPhone with 64GB internal storage, you run out of space after downloading a few apps/games/movies?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ce-now-856793/

NFC - yes ok Blackberry has had this since the 9900, never used it, no company in the UK incorporates NFC (yet).

So yeh, you can shout and scream as much as you like, but if your really under the illusion that Blackberry is improving their products, wow, you really are quite uninformed.
    It's funny how upset you are over the USB OTG issue when iPhone doesn't have it. Definitely trying to make yourself feel better. My 2 cents, is that when you are stuck with tons of inventory (especially 64GB hardware), it no longer warranted the resources to provide USB OTG to regular Playbook users. My understanding is there is law enforcement using PB's with USB, but I don't have the source handy.

When you talk about how models of the same name have different capabilities, go back and take a look at the ipod. Stupidly naming everything by generation that you need a lookup table to find out. A few years ago at Christmas, I was given a 32GB ipod 3rd gen. My nephew was given the 16GB version. Guess what, the 16GB version which was bought at same store, for roughly $50 less, did not qualify for ios 5 and my 32GB ipod did. Wait, its just memory right? No, its also a microphone feature that isn't on the 16GB version which would have been like a $1 difference. Having to pay something like $229 for a 16GB ipod that didn't get the same support as a 32GB bought at the same time despite being sold next to each other. Did the gift giver know about about these limitations when purchased? NO. And you're getting mad that some features that were never advertised when the phone was sold (miracast, fm radio) is able to be added to a release product just because the others cannot. That is silly. In my job, when we backport a feature sold in a new product into an older one, CUSTOMERS ARE HAPPY. They don't whine that it wasn't in the product when they bought it.

Your argument that Apple totally owns by having Airport is not the greatest. Having a locked down proprietary feature is not going to help in a lot of cases. Having HDMI out on the phone alone makes it more useful in more situations. At least where I'd use it. If BlackBerry ever supported AirPlay, I'd use it exactly 0 times because I don't want to have to buy ANOTHER Apple device to use a feature that shouldn't be proprietary. You'd have to buy and carry an expensive (because its Apple) proprietary HDMI cable for it to work on an iphone. I can use a $1 HDMI cable with my Z10 to connect to any HDMI TV. And I can use USB and HDMI at the same time.

NFC is not just for using in public, there is tons of stuff you can make use of for doing various tasks. You can use it to pair with bluetooth devices. On Android, you get a program called Tasker, and you can do all kinds of things. On BlackBerry, they have a pretty good NFC library to be able to do lots of things without a paid app. But I think doing stuff like that is not for the Apple customer because you can control things on your own. I'd say Apple will package that up in kid friendly format and then make this feature available... in 1-2 years. And then everyone will act like they invented it. You are just trying to justify Apple not adding a feature that is several years old now.

Define a "few apps/games/movies". The user clearly said "a lot", not "few" and he didn't even list them. I have over 120 apps and some games installed and I'm only at 6.x GB. The games are the largest at 1GB for some (and I have 2 installed), so its quite easy to get to 16GB if you're installing the monster size games or storing lots of movies (but not with "apps"). How many people buy the 64GB iphone vs 16 or 32GB? I bet less than a third. Which is going to run out of memory and become useless, the 16GB BB or the 16GB iPhone? I have 25GB of music on my SD card on my phone. If I wanted to have that kind of storage on an iphone, I'd have to pay the extra $100-$200 to get the storage that I bought a 64GB SD card for $40 (vs $200 premium for 64GB iphone).

It's funny when you say that "but if your really under the illusion that Blackberry is improving their products, wow, you really are quite uninformed", that is how a lot of people feel about Apple.
    10-09-13 03:35 PM
    Oh, yep... your right... let me explain how your right...

They included USB OTG hardware in the Playbook, made a song and dance about "Mobile Computing",
    then left out USB OTG hardware for the Z10, Q10, Q5, then included it in the Z30 (obviously need a selling point right?) and then called it an "improvement"

So..... one device has the hardware to support it, but no software (Playbook).
    The other devices have the software, but no hardware (Z10,Q10,Q5 + 10.2)

yay?
    Awesome. ^^

I used to be a blind fan boy but I'm starting to realize how hilarious the BlackBerry story has been the last couple years.

Don't get me wrong, BB10 is good software but most of the decisions they have made recently have left my palm planted firmly on my face for a long time...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 04:54 PM
    That was a great reply. I have a similar use case for my phone and can relate very well. Which gamepad do you use? It's hard to find information on which work well with most BB10 games..

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 02:25 AM
    That was a great reply. I have a similar use case for my phone and can relate very well. Which gamepad do you use? It's hard to find information on which work well with most BB10 games..

Posted via CB10
    Which reply?

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    10-12-13 03:36 AM
    Planned obsolescence

Posted via CB10
    So Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG etc etc don't think that their products will be obsolete??

10-12-13 03:43 AM
    So Apple, Samsung, HTC, LG etc etc don't think that their products will be obsolete??

No, all manufactures follow planned obsolescence.

Chill abit

And my comment was adding to the poster above my original comment.

All manufacturers will create better products or try to, to make a sale.

That's why I'd say the z30 is a successor.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 07:26 AM
    Sorry but I'm also getting tired of reminding people that your friend Thorsten, the guy at the helm of Blackberry, clearly set the expectation when he said in Sept 2012:

"At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these."

So when my flagship Z10 cannot even do what a low end device for "emerging markets" can do (Miracast), course I'm going to be annoyed.

To add insult to injury, The flagship Z10 AND Q10 (along with q5), will not support USB hosting.

So tell me, is THIS the same experience on all devices, cause by my definition, the Z30 owners, of which there will be not many of due to recent revelations, will have a different experience compared to the early adopters, the handsets are supposed to compete against iPhone and Android, instead, they compete against themselves:

Z10 < Q10 + Q5 < Z30

Originally these were supposed to launch together or slightly staggered due to unforeseen delays, but now they seem like successors not differentiators in form factors.
    My goodness! Was anyone under duress when they bought their Z10 or Q10? If the answer is NO, then quit complaining.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:35 PM
    My goodness! Was anyone under duress when they bought their Z10 or Q10? If the answer is NO, then quit complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Erm...

Were you under duress to read my post that you felt compelled to read it? If the answer is NO, then quit complaining about my complaining.

That's the difference between a fan girl and an open minded person.

You'll say one thing yet won't follow your own grand advice , anythinggg to defend BlackBerry. Also as demonstrated in this thread, people will talk trash about apple, that company drowning in billions of cash in the bank yet is receiving criticism from a Z30 fan via a long essay Lmao wow!

Me... I buy BlackBerry but will criticise where necessary. I, unlike you, am not ok with a company saying one thing but doing another, other companies may not support devices legacy but they never claim to... unlike BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    93Aero likes this.
    10-13-13 02:58 AM
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 05:56 AM
    I own a z30. And feel very proud.. wish it was there on z10 too.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:57 AM
88 ... 234