I've been trying and trying to get my boss's curve to sync on his desktop at the office but i keep gettin the usb not recognized whenever i plug in his phone, even on my bold i still get it. He said he was able to do it to his Laptop. I tried switching usb ports, Un-installing and Re-installing Desktop manager. i just cant figure it out can anyone helpp????
    03-23-09 10:13 AM
    You may have to go into his PC and select to manually detect new devices. I had this issue with my curve at first as well. I opted to manually detect the device in a certain USB.

You can also try plugging in the USB before and after you turn your PC off and on, plugging the USB into the BB before and after turning the PC off and on. And trying a different USB (than the one it came with) on his berry that is compatible. Sometimes it just needs help. LOL!

Other than that, I have no clue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 10:19 AM
    That sounds like a hardware issue with the desktop.

To be sure, follow the USB Troubleshooting Guide to rule out a connection issue.

View Document

I had a USB hardware failure. Worked fine for a couple years, then suddenly failed. The chip set is on the primary logic board, so repairing it is pretty well out of the question. Replacing it with a new adapter card solved my problem.
    03-23-09 11:24 AM
    Check you thread in the Curve forum for some additional help.
    03-23-09 12:15 PM
    I had a warranty replacement sent for my Bold because the volume went very low. After doing the restore, I can connect using the v4.6 DM but I no longer can access the BB or the 8GB SD card as drives like I did before. I have removed and reinstalled the DM and get the same result. I could remove the card from the phone and plug it into my PC to add or remove files, but it was much more convenient not to have to.
    If anyone has any ideas, please share them with me.
    04-04-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD