I'm remembering all the arguments when the storm came out. "Iphone sucks since it doesn't have an answer and end key!" "we have a convenience key!" "we have a menu and back button".

How times have changed...
    The story must always fit the time of day.
    09-26-13 06:59 PM
    Right, which is why the tutorials cannot be skipped during phone setup. Did the test ever indicate that users went through phone setup or the tutorials ? Otherwise, its not a scientific test and bias.
    +1

Low-attention whippersnappers these days like to scream "Nobody told me!" off the top of their lungs, while at the same time skipping tutorials as quickly as possible.

Such as Android runtime's back mechanism, which prompted the effort to make the bar permanent. It's astounding.

I do think that, if you give a BlackBerry 10 device to a person with no foreknowledge or tutorial whatsoever, BlackBerry 10 is not "obvious". Then again, so does iOS's home button. I literally couldn't figure out if the button is "back" or "home" (came from Bold 9700), because when I used it, it seemed to fit both context

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-26-13 09:23 PM
    Why does ios get two polls?
    Cause extra Special....

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:25 PM
    Why does ios get two polls?
    Because of the pretty big difference between iOS 6&7 methinks...

As for the vigilant Blackberry apologists who're getting worked up over perceived home button bias, read the article and the study.

It's NOT biased.

The home button/back button issue is just a small part of the overall study.

It measures a lot of different things, like how well multitasking/task switching works, cognitive load, how consistent the UI is, etc. etc.

Blackberry comes in at a third place, which is to be expected, cause its a 1.0 product. Not because of some weird crusade against swiping...
    09-27-13 02:04 AM
    The home button/back button issue is just a small part of the overall study.

It measures a lot of different things, like how well multitasking/task switching works, cognitive load, how consistent the UI is, etc. etc.

Blackberry comes in at a third place, which is to be expected, cause its a 1.0 product. Not because of some weird crusade against swiping...
    No back button and no home button accounted for 18 points. Thinking the Hub is confusing and giving it a 10. Its accounted for a large part of its rating. People who get how to use BB10 would never warrant a rating like that. If those three metrics were more reasonably rated, they'd tie or beat Android. That is my observation.
    09-27-13 02:48 AM
30 12