That is what I still don't get. Why Netflix won't submit their app along with an icon and a few screenshot to bbw...? Apparently, that's all they need to do... why won't they?

Z30/Bell - Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:46 PM
    That is what I still don't get. Why Netflix won't submit their app along with an icon and a few screenshot to bbw...? Apparently, that's all they need to do... why won't they?

Z30/Bell - Posted via CB10
    Go find the quote on the Netflix CEO. You'll find out why.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 08:33 PM
    That sucks.....isn't ATT supposed to be getting their own variant?

Posted via CB10
    The STA100-1 variant was never picked up by AT&T and so it will never be made.

Posted via CB10 on a Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2234
    03-29-14 08:41 PM
    It's a shame that the writer was not aware of the android player. She would have had no problems running Netflix

STL-4. 10.2.1.2174 w/ 1259 clock
    If you read it then you'd know that he does know. He said one doesn't want to install amazon app store from a different OS to work on his blackberry. It feels like a step back for him when he could just go onto his native app store on his IPhone and get it.

Read before you comment bud

Posted via CB10
    TBone4eva likes this.
    03-29-14 08:45 PM
    Probably don't know how.... to install SNAP
    BlackBerry has to figure out a legal way to have "SNAP" or the equivalent on BlackBerry World in order to resolve this important issue.
    03-30-14 10:57 AM
    BlackBerry need two sections within app world, and a deal with Amazon for use of their app store's content.
    I have heard Amazon's app store has outdated apps, does anyone know if this is true

Do the app stores push updates to BlackBerry pho es?
    03-30-14 11:03 AM
    I agree, but just to add, she said "cool and tech savvy". lol. Had she not added the latter, it would have made more sense.
    Any "Tech" writer who uses the "cool factor" as a metric is showing their narcissism and lack of foresight IMHO.
    03-30-14 11:17 AM
    I have heard Amazon's app store has outdated apps, does anyone know if this is true

Any apps I have downloaded through Amazon seem to be every bit as up to date as the ones I get from Google's Play store, but with the added bonus that they check into the Amazon store every once in a blue moon (or when you open the Amazon app I think) to check if there have been any updates.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    03-30-14 11:34 AM
    BlackBerry needs to come to some arrangement with Google as far as access to Google Services and apps. Something like that would be huge.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:47 AM
    I merged these 2 threads on the exact same thing and put it in the correct forum, News and Rumors.
    anon(2692400) likes this.
    03-30-14 11:55 AM

It has been my experience that 5/10 apps I want aren't on Amazon's app store. 4/5 that are are older than what is on Google's store. Only 1/10 seem to be up to date.

I would go all in with Amazon if more people used their store.

03-30-14 12:06 PM

Yes, some of them are. They are more up to date on 1 mobile market and Snap.

Via my awesome Zed-10
    03-30-14 12:57 PM
    Great balanced review. Only gets better from here.
    03-30-14 02:24 PM
    Well if BlackBerry refuses to have developers put their apps straight into BBWorld. Then maybe a option would be to endorse one of the android app clients eg Snap, and have Snap pre-installed on the phone.
    Good idea. Not sure if there is some legal problems with that. I thought I heard something in another thread but could be wrong.
    03-30-14 02:26 PM
    Any "Tech" writer who uses the "cool factor" as a metric is showing their narcissism and lack of foresight IMHO.
    Like it or not people want their tech to be cool because they want to be seen to be cool. It's the same with clothes. You can wear any shirt and pants, but people want whoever the fashion designer that is hot at the moment to look cool. So, to ignore the 'cool factor' when we know it exist and that it is going to be a major impediment to an average consumer even picking up a BlackBerry phone to try, doesn't make a lot of sense and it's good to see a writer actually admit it.
    03-30-14 02:57 PM
    Disagree, WAY too many notifications with 1 Mobile. Every time I would install an app, I got a notification of an upgrade being available for every other app previously installed through 1 Mobile, even if updates were not really available. Sometimes would happen at random too, the notifications, even when updates were not available.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    True, I do get a lot of notifications.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:32 PM
    True, I do get a lot of notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Use Ghost Commander to turn them off then.

03-30-14 03:39 PM
    I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the positive words about the Z30 that came out of the mouth of this iPhone addict. Goes to show, if they give BB10 a chance even the brain-washed can be converted. The basis media and wireless carriers are the ring leaders.

TECH NOW: Is BlackBerry Z30 worth a look?
    thats what happens when the big boys decide to buy stock. now they wanna pump it to make STRAIGHT $$$
    03-30-14 04:20 PM
    It's a shame that the writer was not aware of the android player. She would have had no problems running Netflix

STL-4. 10.2.1.2174 w/ 1259 clock
    thats why itsour job as crackberrians to comment and inform, the more tech reports that know the more they will tell people about it
    andy957 likes this.
    03-30-14 04:31 PM
    I don't know why, but I feel like having NetFlix on a smartphone these days is a must......even if you never really use it...despite the fact that I have an HDMI cable for my Blackberry, I have only used the NetFlix app on it ONCE....and that was just to check out the HDMI cable and how it looked.....other than that, I don't use it.....but yet, I feel as if its a must.....other apps, such as Instagram are the same way....I feel like its a must-have on smartphones, even if you don't really use it. I've only used it like twice in about 8 months and I never even used it before I got a Blackberry 10 device....its pretty much there to show any of the nay-sayers that are like "why do you have a Blackberry? I bet you can't even use [insert popular app name here] then I can show them "What? I can't use NetFlix? its right here...so is Instagram....and even Flappy Bird"....i hate Flappy Bird, but its there to show that I can get it.....heck, just for fun, I put Flappy Bird on my PlayBook......I really think BB should consider installing SNAP on devices out of the box....it works great and most apps actually do work.....
    03-30-14 05:02 PM
    If Chen could convince Netflix to let BB make a Netflix app for BB10, it would do a whole lot of good. Netflix is one of the biggest titles missing. A native Netflix app would make news and show that there's life in the BB10 platform.

Netflix won't do it on their own, it isn't worth it for them.
    andy957 likes this.
    03-30-14 05:28 PM
    When positive reviews like this come out, does anyone share them? I do all the time of Facebook with correcting comments.

BB Proud
    andy957 likes this.
    03-30-14 05:43 PM
    1 Mobile sucks. I deleted it because it kept sending me messages to update apps that I downloaded and already updated through BlackBerry World. I mean 2 or 3 or 4 times.

BB Proud
    03-30-14 05:47 PM
    Folks!!! Forget about Snap, unless you can download and install an app directly from the BlackBerry World, the average user which is 99% of the market is not going to have a clue what side loading is.

I think it's great we have the ability to run Android apps, but we still need to make the download and installation process the same as our competitors.

This is something that the folks in those offices in Waterloo need to be working on and should be a top priority. If it means getting a license from Google, then so be it. Just me two cents.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    I completely agree I think BlackBerry seriously needs to license Google Services

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 06:33 PM
    Same old story about the lack of apps. I've had Netflix on my phones for the past year (nearly), and I have yet to watch more than 5 minutes of Netflix on it.
    Precisely. I bet if one were to poll a large number of smartphone users (of all platforms) to see how many apps they have installed on their phones and how many of them they have used in the past month, it would be completely obvious that "apps" can be a buzzword (not in all cases of course) and it's "cool" to say I want more apps.
    03-30-14 08:51 PM
110 ... 2345