Holy heck. She was showing a lot of enthusiasm when using the Z30. I hope she becomes addicted to it like we are.

*** Maybe one of our esteemed moderators should contact her to show some of the finer features of say Snap for her Netflix. I sense she won't go out of her way to find these types of apps which is understandable.

BB needs to send each of the tech reporters a demo unit. Maybe timebombed for 6 months to actually use and get familiar with. I would say that even the hardest of iPhone or Android addicts can not turn away a free device for testing. Of course make these available on the beta OS approved list so they get updates without carrier hassle.

I agree with her though, the size of the 30 is too big for my liking as well. I love the size of the Z10, much easier to mount on my bike for trail riding.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 03-29-14 at 10:40 AM.
    03-29-14 10:29 AM
    Nice to see... seems like she has a modicum of intelligence and reports honestly.... get the Apps and they will come!!!... not exactly an easy task!!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:36 AM
    Beat a dead horse enough and people start to get interested on why they are doing it...

Posted via my Z30
    haringfish and RyanGermann like this.
    03-29-14 10:39 AM
    The problem is that no Middle School, High School, or College aged kids are going to get a BlackBerry 10 phone without SnapChat, Instagram (iGrann might be enough though), Vine, and all the other hugely popular apps that kids are using. Snapchat alone would keep every kid I know away from BlackBerry.

The reason these are important is because these kids are potential future customers. BlackBerry is surviving because of the customers they drew years ago. The way to ensure future success is to establish a customer base of teens. This is not even remotely possible without the few apps that kids are using.

Posted via my Z10
    Therein lies the conundrum. The BlackBerry bread and butter is privacy and security. Applications like SnapChat are demonstrably not able to deliver even the minimum amount of privacy they claim, even after taking into account their disclaimers. If people, young or old, can't live without those applications, then they probably don't want the level of privacy and security that BlackBerry aims to provide and won't be happy with a BlackBerry phone.

So does BlackBerry dilute the security of their platform and become just one more Android phone maker? I believe that chasing customers that would in fact be better served by a iPhone or Android device is a waste of effort if BlackBerry intends to continue offering privacy and security as products. Developing the ability for Android developers to easily market applications from BlackBerry World where they are proactively scanned by BlackBerry and Trend Micro is not. I've often wondered, given how easy it is for users to run some of these applications now, if the barrier to them being ported is the higher bar that BlackBerry sets.

Posted via CB10
    keepthetorch likes this.
    03-29-14 10:48 AM
    I sent a message to Jennifer...

Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:54 AM
    To: techcomments @usatoday.com
    Subject: Netflix works good on Z30

Hi Jennifer,

I enjoyed watching and reading your Z30 review just now. But one major thing you don't know about the Z30 is it is quite easy to install Android apps . You just install one of the android app markets like Amazon, just select the app you want and boom away you go.

The Android apps operate in an area inside the operating system called the "Android Runtime". This allows BlackBerry to keep the rest of the phone protected from the numerous security issues associated with Android.

I've got Netflix, Instagram, Candy Crush, and loads of other Android apps and they all work just fine.

The sharing across devices in the family is, as you say, possible on BlackBerry but you must use an app to do that... but hey?... there's an app for that... and it just works!!! LOL

In our family, we have 2 Z10's and a Z30... we all wish we had the Z30 cuz it is so awesome.

You could also have mentioned the cool "nfc" feature which allows us to share photos etc by simply tapping our phones back-to-back.? And this feature works equally well with Samsung, LG, Nokia and any other phones with nfc... but not iPhones cuz they are the last major smartphone without nfc.

The Z30 also has the "Paratek" antenna, the most powerful antenna of any current smartphone. It can pick up a signal long after the iphone is at zero bars of cellular coverage.

The Z30 also has Miracast which allows it to stream ANY content from ?the phone to a Miracast enabled tv, home theatre, etc. Some other high-end phones have Miracast but it's not on any iPhone. With an iPhone, you have to buy apple tv to get something like this but it only works with other apple devices. Miracast works with any brand name. Next time you're in Best buy or Costco check out the new tvs, BD players, home theatres, you'll see most of the new models have Miracast built in.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 03-29-14 at 12:21 PM.
    03-29-14 10:59 AM
    I didn't think any more reviews or hands-on articles would be coming out about the Z30 after it's been out for a few months. It seems like the little momentum they have is making people look at their newest flagship again.

Good to see. My Z30 should be at my house sometime today. I just had to have one.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:04 AM
    I didn't think any more reviews or hands-on articles would be coming out about the Z30 after it's been out for a few months. It seems like the little momentum they have is making people look at their newest flagship again.

Good to see. My Z30 should be at my house sometime today. I just had to have one.

Posted via CB10
    Are you going to post back your 1st day impression on Z30? Looking forward to it.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 11:13 AM
    Great!! blackberry forever!! no matter what device you use, we will fight for our ideals
    03-29-14 11:33 AM
    Seems like once people take a chance to actually try the phone they are impressed with it. Nice read.

Posted from my awesome Z30
    03-29-14 01:31 PM
    I agree, but just to add, she said "cool and tech savvy". lol. Had she not added the latter, it would have made more sense.
    What's cool about iPhone nowadays again? I would be able to see the point if it is said before 2010.

At this point even iPhone fans are debating where is the stickiness of iOS coming from: coolness or usefulness?

If iPhone 6 fails to meet the hard core fans expectation, I can see Apple begins to advertise the "tool" side of advantages just like BlackBerry a few years ago.

03-29-14 01:37 PM
    What's cool about iPhone nowadays again? I would be able to see the point if it is said before 2010.

At this point even iPhone fans are debating where is the stickiness of iOS coming from: coolness or usefulness?

If iPhone 6 fails to meet the hard core fans expectation, I can see Apple begins to advertise the "tool" side of advantages just like BlackBerry a few years ago.

It's "cool" because it's popular.

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    03-29-14 02:26 PM
    Attachment 259334

Z30 on 10.2.1 in Canada
    You misspelled Android.

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    03-29-14 02:26 PM
    Shared via Facebook.

Posted via CB10 on a Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2234
    03-29-14 03:41 PM
    Slowly but surely they would realize that BlackBerry would to the top!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:45 PM
    It's "cool" because it's popular.

So are cigarettes...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    xBURK likes this.
    03-29-14 04:08 PM
    IMO BlackBerry's problem is that many people keep thinking about the old BlackBerry and even current BlackBerry owners seem to cling onto the the old devices.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!! BlackBerry has to educate and sadly, distance itself from BBOS if BB10 is to succeed.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:09 PM
    Not going to make much difference if devices are not selling. Also, based on yesterday's announcements I doubt we will be seeing an upgrade to the Z30 for a very long time. BlackBerry seems to be going all-in on the keyboard again.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 04:58 PM
    Is it me, or does there seem to some momentum building for this device?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:26 PM
    So are cigarettes...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yup, and both cigarette smoker percentages and iPhone market share are declining.

xBURK likes this.
    03-29-14 05:40 PM
    I agree. 1mobile has everything and is much easier to use.

STL100-3 10.3.0.140

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 05:58 PM
    I was just thinking the same. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and upgrading from my Z10, but to my surprise, the Z30 is currently on back order with Verizon.

Via my awesome Zed-10
    03-29-14 06:43 PM
    I was perfectly happy with my Z10, but once I got used to the Z30, I have no regrets about upgrading.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:06 PM
    I only regret not having LTE (AT&T) and that the battery life isn't as uber awesome as I had hoped.

I'm going to go into the escreens and turn of LTE in hopes that some of the battery drain is due to the device constantly searching.

I miss LTE because I used to get signal on it in the metro stations where I now get no signal (i.e. There is no 4G down there for my device to step down to).

Posted via CB10 on a Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2234
    03-29-14 07:34 PM
    I agree. 1mobile has everything and is much easier to use.

STL100-3 10.3.0.140

Posted via CB10
    Disagree, WAY too many notifications with 1 Mobile. Every time I would install an app, I got a notification of an upgrade being available for every other app previously installed through 1 Mobile, even if updates were not really available. Sometimes would happen at random too, the notifications, even when updates were not available.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-29-14 07:37 PM
    That sucks.....isn't ATT supposed to be getting their own variant?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:40 PM
110 12345