This may sound like a crazy idea, but I was thinking about BlackBerry having a few "Ambassadors" here in the USA to help promote the brand here again?

I would think you could find a few folks that would be willing to travel and put on some workshops at the carriers in some of the major hubs to promote the brand here again?

Myself, I am self employed and I would be willing to do such a thing. A small salary, some demo devices and portable booth setup would do the trick.

We are not taking a huge amount of money here, I would say having demos twice a month in a major hub to help reintroduce the BlackBerry brand here again.

The Ambassadors would have to be familiar with the current product line and be able to answer the consumers questions in a professional manner.

These demos would be workshops using a "hands on" environment utilizing the z10, Q10 and z30 models. Getting the OS10 devices into the consumers hands to let them get the "BlackBerry Experience" for themselves? I have converted a few folks back the BlackBerry using the hands on method.

I am not saying it's going to be an overnight success,but rather then spending millions on TV commercials, I think this would be more value added. I would think a couple of groups to cover the east, west and midwestern regions to start with, I would think a 2-3 person group would work best.

Each person would have a base salary plus travel that would be based on 2 demos a month for a12 month period plus travel cost. I would be glad to do it for a year. I know it may some like a crazy far fetched idea, but we have to think outside the box now. Getting the devices into the consumers hands is what's going to sell it.

I sure think it beats wasting money on some Super Bowl commercial or paying some celebrity who is already rich. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    cgallaer likes this.
    04-14-14 11:52 AM
    I like the idea, they need that in countries where sales are low, and it's not going to cost them a bundle.
    04-14-14 12:12 PM
    This is a great idea.

Blackberry Z10: STL100-3, OS 10.2.1.537
    04-14-14 01:04 PM
    They did. In fact, they used to employ a number of them in most major markets...

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 01:05 PM
    BlackBerry kind of did this with the Blackberry vans that appeared in major cities in them USA. The problem is the coverage was pretty limited.

For something like you suggest to work, you would have to have people in a lot of high traffic areas or at carrier stores doing a lot of demonstrating on large screen tv's what your device can do. I would amend what you propose by creating monetary incentives at points of sales. Create BlackBerry viability in the minds of the carrier sales teams thru $$ will go a long way to improving the sales numbers of BlackBerry. Part of the Kay of this action would be for the ambassadors you suggest to hit every carrier store in their area on a weekly basis and get the sales team up to speed with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-14-14 01:10 PM
    Great idea. This makes sense as opposed to the "Let's go in and ambush the sales reps and show them why BB10 is the best" idea. I think your idea is something that could work.
    04-14-14 01:34 PM
    As someone who worked in a cell phone store, and saw the rise and fall of blackberry, this isn't the answer. Yeah it will help, but it won't solve the perception problem or the marketing problem. They need to build a product and then market it correctly. Maybe even renaming it to something other than blackberry. The product is good for their niche (business people, keyboard lovers) but if they want consumers, they need to address consumer needs: they need an app ecosystem that can match apple and googles. If not, they aren't going to capture consumer hearts and minds. Now, if they want to regain their niche standing as a business device, their current path is a good one, but when it boils down to it, consumers are not gonna be happy with a phone that can't access the same apps that their friends with iphones and androids can. That's probably why chens strategy to focus on enterprise is a good one.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 01:43 PM
    Heck, if they'd set up displays and provide hardware just for demo use, i'd jump on it occasionally for nothing but the cost of a good lunch. People just need to see BB10 in action hands-on and use such visual evidence to get past the tarnished name. Oh, and you'll probably need some "cool cases" because gimmicks seem to sell well unfortunately.
    04-14-14 02:42 PM
    The problem is: what happens to these "converted" people when they actually want to buy a BB phone? Would the guy in the kiosk be able to sell them one? Would he be able to activate it and transfer over the contacts from their old phone, and get the right SIM? Or would those people be sent to carrier stores, which don't carry BB in the stores and will try to sell them something else in order to get a sale and a contract signed?

It doesn't do a lot of good to demo the phone unless you can complete the transaction right there - otherwise, there's too much friction for most people to end up buying the phone.
    04-14-14 08:09 PM
    Not a bad idea, sorta reminds me of those traveling salesmen.
    Show the models let the potential buyer play around with it, then give them a catalogue to order the model they want from say Shop BlackBerry.
    That's if the carrier you're doing the demo in doesn't have it in stock.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 08:19 PM
    I think it would be simple, yet effective to give everyone who buys a BlackBerry device off of the BlackBerry website a free t-shirt.

AmaZ30ed
    04-14-14 08:45 PM
    I'm game

? Slicing using my ?
    04-14-14 09:17 PM
    I had thought of this too. I was thinking BlackBerry Advocates. It would be a good start and get BlackBerry loyalists more involved. I and other BlackBerry loyalists are longtime BES admins and those skills would be helpful in the enterprise realm as well.

Heck compensation could be a point system and you could use your points to purchase BlackBerry gear or turn it to cash. They need to get T-Shirts, hats and other walking (or driving) advertisements out there.

I also think they need to develop an interactive kiosk that they could put at high traffic malls and cell phone shops. Like a large touch screen that has a demo of BlackBerry OS built in.

BlackBerry is in a unique situation and they need to come up with unique ways of getting their brand and devices out in the public and build brand loyalty.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 09:45 PM