Kinda funny you mention Canada there. I think the only reason they consider an important market is because it's a Canadian company, but population size alone, Canada isn't that much of an important market as really anywhere else in the world

Posted via CB10
    All market are important. Canada is the same population as California and California is always considered a significant market.
    09-08-14 12:05 PM
    It's kinda funny that such an important release such as the Passport won't be available in the US for a long looong time and that other countries will get it first.

Usually it's the other way around!!

My poor fellow Americans now I understand how the rest of the world feels

Posted via CB10
    Your right, the shoe appears to be on the other foot. Now you can appreciate how the rest of the world feels when companies such as Amazon won't sell me the latest/greatest, camera/kindle fire, binos, etc even if I'm paying with US currency. They always instead refer me to the Canadian Amazon store which has only half the items at higher cost. It is simply a dumping ground for items not sold in the US stores.
    09-08-14 12:16 PM
    It is BlackBerry and their asinine lack of marketing that have ignored the US... nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    What about very poor Carrier support. The updates were 6 months behind and sent lots of bb Customers packing.
    09-08-14 12:31 PM
    What about very poor Carrier support. The updates were 6 months behind and sent lots of bb Customers packing.
    In the case of Tmobile (the first US carrier to roll out 10.2.1 BTW), the reason for delay was due to BlackBerry flaw in the OS that made it incompatible with WFC.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:35 PM
    It's kinda funny that such an important release such as the Passport won't be available in the US for a long looong time and that other countries will get it first.

Posted via CB10
    It is kind of funny that users here think that Blackberry is still relevant out there. This forum is not a fair representation of smartphone users. The real market has turned its back to BB long time ago and users here still do not get it. It does not matter what venue they choose to present the Passport as it is DOA.
    What would be Blackberry pitch to a mature market like the US one?

Blackberry: hey here is a new phone for you, it has decent hardware and ZERO ecosystem but you might be able to use few Android apps. Oh the price is same or higher than competing phones.

Consumers: Why don't I just buy an Android phone so I can use ALL the apps and use Samsung and HTC new hardware that is much better than Blackberry?
    09-08-14 02:06 PM
    BlackBerry knows where it's market is and where it's marketing dollars and products have the best chance of seeing a return.

But I would think the the US Enterprise market would be a very important one for them. Unless they know it's a lost cause already.....
    09-08-14 02:07 PM
    US was trying to kill BlackBerry. That's what they get now.
    Almost all of the bad reviews from blogs and media came from US.
    They have apple, Microsoft, and Android anyway. So they're going to be fine. They don't want secured phone for the public so they can track terrorist lurking in their home.

Hehehe
    LOL. I guess all the Canadian and UK Press that hammered BlackBerry gets a pass then. There was a good amount of them. But it is just that evil American conspiracy to keep a Canadian tech company down!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    sentimentGX4, TGR1 and shaleem like this.
    09-08-14 03:17 PM
    Three locations where picked if I am not mistaken. Budget and regional is what I think is why there is only the three places.
    09-08-14 03:53 PM
    OP make no mistake BlackBerry wants everything released in the US the same time as Canada and UK get they just don't have the ability to deliver on it because US carriers require a lot longer lead time to release a device. It's not a nationalism or even a business decision, it's the idiosycracy of the US carriers that is causing this.
    09-08-14 05:55 PM
    It maybe hard to believe but it is a fact for those in the know that Americans are NOT ALLOWED to use BlackBerry. Yes it may appear that Americans have the freedom of choice but anyone who understands/ educated on propaganda and brainwashing techniques understand that isn't the case. It's right in front of everyone's eyes if they can open them. There is a reason why the American elite use BlackBerry while telling the masses BlackBerry is garbage. This is IMO only and does not reflect reality since crazy = sane and sane = crazy. I also believe we live in 1984. Now here come the thought police with their tin foil hats.

Posted via CB10
    Please tell me this is saracsm??
    sentimentGX4 and bakron1 like this.
    09-08-14 05:57 PM
    China is a REALLY tough market to sell into, given the cheap domestic sourcing they've got. What I think BB might be doing with the Passport launch is to introduce it to markets where the company knows it will get a decent reception. The carriers might even want to see how well it's received before committing to order volumes.
    Agreed. It's a business decision, you invest in places where it likely brings you the most return. US and China are major markets but unlikely to bring in enough dough to offset the expenses required, while places like UK and Indonesia are sure bet for cash... Guess who will get passport first.
    09-08-14 08:58 PM
    US is a huge drain on handset revenue so not surprised it doesn't have a city for launch. If it was BES
    12 thats a different story, that will get a US launch for sure.
    09-08-14 10:42 PM
    US was trying to kill BlackBerry. That's what they get now.
    Almost all of the bad reviews from blogs and media came from US.
    They have apple, Microsoft, and Android anyway. So they're going to be fine. They don't want secured phone for the public so they can track terrorist lurking in their home.

Hehehe
    Go on thinking this. While the truth is elsewhere.

BlackBerry did it to themselves. Period. You sell junk for too long and folks move on.

Posted via Verizon Z10!
    09-09-14 06:31 AM
    It maybe hard to believe but it is a fact for those in the know that Americans are NOT ALLOWED to use BlackBerry. Yes it may appear that Americans have the freedom of choice but anyone who understands/ educated on propaganda and brainwashing techniques understand that isn't the case. It's right in front of everyone's eyes if they can open them. There is a reason why the American elite use BlackBerry while telling the masses BlackBerry is garbage. This is IMO only and does not reflect reality since crazy = sane and sane = crazy. I also believe we live in 1984. Now here come the thought police with their tin foil hats.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, uh huh. Yes, indeed. It is a major conspiracy against the American people. LOL. Must be nice to be "in the know."
    09-09-14 08:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    i definitely do not fault Blackberry for focusing on BRICs, Emerging Markets & Africa. or wherever else demand is strong. right now.

secondly, i am moreorless resigned to the fact that the US & North America is in decline & may never recover its global standing, economically or otherwise. which is fine. que sera sera...
    09-21-14 04:49 PM
    i definitely do not fault Blackberry for focusing on BRICs, Emerging Markets & Africa. or wherever else demand is strong. right now.

secondly, i am moreorless resigned to the fact that the US & North America is in decline & may never recover its global standing, economically or otherwise. which is fine. que sera sera...
    BlackBerry's problem is when they focus on something they ignore everything else. They decided to grow globally by taking their outdated BBOS platform to emerging markets while ignoring the established markets and . Now they are having cheap Android devices cannibalizing the emerging market sales, and the established markets that they did nothing in think they are dead and let the brand image go in the toilet. Now they can't compete on price, or ecosystem and have cowered back to Enterprise.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-21-14 05:00 PM
    It was the US that made BB popular and it is the US that can bring them back to relevancy, period.
    09-21-14 05:09 PM
    It was the US that made BB popular and it is the US that can bring them back to relevancy, period.
    Exactly!!

They might profit in irrelevant markets. But until they choose to compete again where it matters, BlackBerry will be no more relevant than a lemonade stand... which BTW oftentimes earn profits.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 05:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Been thinking that exact thing myself. Well said.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-14 07:02 PM
    Been thinking that exact thing myself. Well said.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    yes the average american is too dumb to read the New York Times Business Page.

US vs. World Role Reversal-bb-passport-times.jpg
    09-21-14 07:32 PM
    yes the average american is too dumb to read the New York Times Business Page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb passport times.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	299472
    The business section is meant for stock information, merges, job creation, bankruptcy filing, economy information, earning reports and the like. It is not where people should find info about new product releases IMHO.

Americans know when the iPhone is out because everyone talks about it from CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, commercials during sporting events, talk radio, etc. Samsung does an excellent job marketing their phones as well - the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 commercial bashed Mashable and other quoting other tech sites stating that the Galaxy Note is the reason for the bigger iPhones is really good.

The only reason that I know about the Passport is because I read technology sites like Phonearena/GSMArena/CNET/Anandtech/TechnoBuffalo and of course CrackBerry.
    09-22-14 11:43 AM
71 123