BlackBerry's U.S. Market Share Drops to 1% as Apple Soars (AAPL, BBRY) | Benzinga

AT&T Sales for last quarter ending June 13 was 1.4%, Verizon Sales for last quarter ending June 13 was 0.1%?
    07-30-13 02:44 PM
    you are correct its not total marketshare. Its % of NEW sales for that 3 month period. And its actually up from last month
    dusdal and bekkay like this.
    07-30-13 02:54 PM
    Marketshare IS share of sales. I don't know what is TOTAL marketshare, but installed base is expression for amount of users.
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-30-13 04:44 PM
    Lol I don't know why people are still surprised. Until BB fixes the brand perception problem they have here in the states, I don't see this changing. They have a big uphill battle in the U.S.
    Morpheus v7 and bekkay like this.
    07-30-13 05:39 PM
    Someone will soon point out that this is based on a retailer sample. It is perfectly reasonable to sample a population for statistics like this if the sample is chosen well. The minimum required sample can often be a very small percentage of the population.
    bekkay likes this.
    07-30-13 05:46 PM
    Someone will soon point out that this is based on a retailer sample. It is perfectly reasonable to sample a population for statistics like this if the sample is chosen well. The minimum required sample can often be a very small percentage of the population.
    As long as it's representative of the population
    07-30-13 06:04 PM
    just went into TMO and the Q10 wasn't even charged the rep didn't know about the setting for in store display. Said his BlackBerry rep is clueless. Was in the back of the store with no shelf. Pathetic. He mentioned it's hard to navigate no home button I said it's the best phone here and sadly nobody knows about it. Told him about HDMI. Movie maker the quickness of no home button. He's like that's cool. Get some apps or die BlackBerry. And do your job. Picked up a Blue tooth device and left wondering the next time I buy a phone will it be a BB? The Q felt and looks cheap. Hated the texture and feel of the keyboard. Hopefully the A 10 will look more like the HTC One throw some chrome in there on top and bottom. You also need a slider BB. And Apps did I mention Apps...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by scottdpreece; 07-30-13 at 06:43 PM.
    07-30-13 06:10 PM
    just went into TMO and the Q10 wasn't even charged the rep didn't know about the setting for in store display. Said his BlackBerry rep is clueless. Was in the back of the store with no shelf. Pathetic. He mentioned it's hard to navigate no home button I said it's the best phone here and sadly nobody knows about it. Told him about HDMI. Movie maker the quickness of no home button. He's like that's cool. Get some apps or die BlackBerry. And do your job. Picked up a Blue tooth device and left wondering the next time I buy a phone will it be a BB? The Q felt and looks cheap. Hated the texture and feel of the keyboard. Hopefully the A 10 will look more like the HTC One throw some chrome in there on top and bottom. You also need a slider BB. And Apps did I mention Apps...

Posted via CB10
    I've had that happen plenty of times. Devices just not charged at all when I walk in to try them out. It's sad. I'd ask why weren't the devices charged so customers could test them in store. His response would be that they don't really any blackberry any more. Didn't even really know what to say to that. BB has to create to demand for Their products in the US again. Honestly, I don't know if they can. I think word of mouth will be their best chance with some better marketing.
    07-30-13 06:49 PM
    Lol on and on again . they keep putting down the BB. for the purpose of bad publicity.
    Just go and buy the NSA spy phones. and b happy.

BB Z10 rocks.
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    07-30-13 08:23 PM
    BlackBerry's U.S. Market Share Drops to 1% as Apple Soars (AAPL, BBRY) | Benzinga

AT&T Sales for last quarter ending June 13 was 1.4%, Verizon Sales for last quarter ending June 13 was 0.1%?
    And that's why so many stores don't bother to have a working BB plugged in/charged.

Could be because they never had them plugged up and running in the first place, but whatever the case, it makes it look like the BB brand is just about dead in the US, if these numbers are correct. And what store do you know of will put much effort to sell a brand that is just about dead in their market?
    07-30-13 09:13 PM
    I've seen the same at AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 09:16 PM
    Marketing is not enough to get BlackBerry out of its hole because the mobile computing marketplace right now is dominated by two players who are increasing their installed base at a rapid rate. The iOS/Android duopoly shows no signs of slowing down so the best BlackBerry can hope for is to target corporate customers and those who value security and efficiency in a mobile platform.

As for retailers, i've noticed that BB10 phones are sometimes displayed up front next to Galaxys and iPhones but are not switched on or are improperly configured. Clearly their is no incentive for the retailers and sales staff to push BB's given the lack of brand awareness and negative perception of BlackBerrys in general.

If only end-users stepped out of their comfort bubbles and did a bit of research they would realise that BlackBerry offers a superior mobile experience for many people.
    07-30-13 09:36 PM