Seems the US Gov't is not happy with Apple's and Google's new encryption on their phones. They claim it will hinder law enforcement from doing their jobs. So there must be no back-door for them. I know Blackberry is very serious about security. Is BlackBerry's encryption able to be somehow bypassed by the US Gov't? I sure hope not.
    Here is a link to the story: Holder Criticizes Apple & Google Data Encryption | Fox Business
    09-30-14 03:23 PM
    There are different segments of the government so generalizing the entire US government as being unhappy with the new encryption is a misnomer. In the article, the journalists in particular cite the Department of Justice and law enforcement officers. Certainly those have never been great at breaking encryption.

The capabilities of the NSA, CIA, etc. are more of a mystery, however. These are the organizations placing backdoors in software, btw, and not the portions of the government complaining in the article, which never had access to such advance technology.
    09-30-14 04:03 PM