Contrary to the malicious reporting by "Electronista", which was parroted by various other online blogs and reporters including Mashable, Motley Fool and many others, the US Department of Defense is NOT planning to drop Blackberry in favor of Apple or other mobile products:

DoD Denies Plans to Ditch BlackBerry for Apple | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-21-13 03:43 PM
    I think it's time to put together a list of who distributed that trash "reporting". I only could come up with 2 off the top of my head. Wasn't TheVerge another one?
    lactose and Jake2826 like this.
    03-21-13 03:45 PM
    Illuminati lies!!
    03-21-13 03:45 PM
    No Illuminati necessary. Just unscrupulous people who call themselves journalists.
    03-21-13 03:48 PM
    I think it's time to put together a list of who distributed that trash "reporting". I only could come up with 2 off the top of my head. Wasn't TheVerge another one?
    Bla1ze stated many podcasts ago that he has a $...hit list for those that constantly post bs about BlackBerry.

Powered by BlackBerry 10
    bungaboy and FSeverino like this.
    03-21-13 03:49 PM
    Isn't this topic already being discussed at
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...action-784367/
    03-21-13 04:01 PM
    More sites that repeated the bogus Electronista story:

Pentagon to drop BlackBerry for iPhone and iPad [UPDATED] | RapidBerry
    Pentagon to order 650,000 iOS devices, replace aging BlackBerries - TechSpot
    StreetInsider.com - U.S. DoD Said to Be Readying Large iOS Order for End of Sequester (AAPL) (BBRY)
    Apple expected to get big Defense Dept. order after sequester - Silicon Valley Business Journal
    U.S. Department Of Defense Reportedly Planning To Buy 650,000 iOS Devices After Nixing BB10 To Cut Costs | TechCrunch
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/03/iph...nt-of-defense/ (article pulled)
    Department of Defense to buy more than 650,000 iOS devices say sources - SlashGear
    US DoD rumored to be dumping BlackBerry and purchasing 650,000 Apple devices (updated) | iMore.com
    Report: DOD Writes Order for 600K iOS Devices
    Department of Defense Ordering 650,000 iOS Devices? [Updated: DoD Denies] - Mac Rumors
    US DoD set to dump BlackBerry and purchase 650,000 Apple devices - U.S. Government Portal
    U.S. Department Of Defense Reportedly Planning To Buy 650,000 iOS Devices After Nixing BB10 To Cut C
    Department of Defense dumps Blackberry for iPhone: report | Tux Reports Notes
    Us Department Of Defense Reportedly Planning On Buying 650 000 Ios Devices - Latest Technology News | TechNewsNow.com :: TechnewsNow.com
    U.S. Department Of Defense Reportedly Planning To Buy 650,000 iOS Devices After Nixing BB10 To Cut Costs | AppleLeak.com | Real Time Mac iPad iPhone News
    U.S. DoD to purchase 650,000 iOS devices at sequester’s end, sources say – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home
    US Department of Defense orders 650,000 iOS devices - AfterDawn
    United States Department Of Defense To Purchase 650,000 iPhones, iPads, iPods | Macgasm
    http://www.geekgawk.com/2013/03/21/u...-apple-devices
    BlackBerry 10 Gains a Million, Loses 650,000
    JR A likes this.
    03-21-13 04:32 PM
    Duplicate post. Site told me 1st one didn't post.
    03-21-13 04:35 PM
    Verge stayed away from this one it seems....a friend who follows verge on twitter says they're looking to hire new fact checkers...lmfao....YA THINK!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 04:35 PM
    DANGER ROOM
    Pentagon Swears It Isn’t Abandoning BlackBerries for iOS Devices
    BY SPENCER ACKERMAN03.21.13

Airmen of the 17th Communications Squadron at Goodfellow Air Force Base conduct training on their BlackBerries. Photo: U.S. Air Force
    Calm yourselves, defense bureaucrats. The Pentagon isn’t about to swap out your BlackBerries for the latest iPhones and iPads.

That, however, was the promise of anonymous “well-placed sources” in an eye-opening Electronista story Wednesday. Those sources said that the Pentagon was on the verge of phasing out “nearly all” of the hundreds of thousands of BlackBerries issued to its employees, and replacing them with some 650,000 iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches.

“There is no truth to this claim,” says Air Force Lt. Col. Damien Pickart, a spokesman for the Pentagon’s new mobility initiative. “We are not looking to replace those 470,000 BlackBerries with the systems they claim we’re looking to order.”

Big caveat: the Pentagon’s new “mobility” plan may lead troops and Pentagon civilians to get secured Apple smartphones and tablets. Ditto for Android devices. And Windows devices. “And let’s not leave RIM out of that picture,” John Hickey, the mobility program manager for the Defense Information Systems Agency, told reporters last month.

Ultimately, what the Pentagon wants is a “variety of devices,” as the mobility plan’s catchphrase puts it, and, quite possibly, a variety of operating systems powering them. The Defense Department is still shopping around, and a decision on whether it wants to throw all its mobility eggs in the basket of a single operating system is months away. Mobile companies won’t even get the Pentagon’s new data-security guidelines for another 90 days.

It would certainly be something for the Defense Department to place a huge order with Cupertino for over half a million expensive iOS devices in the ostensible age of austerity wrought by mandated congressional budget cuts. Thus far, Android devices have the edge for the piecemeal mobile purchases that the armed services, and especially the Army, have made.

Admittedly, those cuts aren’t stopping the Pentagon from spending roughly $1 billion on a mere 14 missile interceptors bound for Alaska, nor convincing the Air Force that maybe it shouldn’t spend money on a Fantasy Football league. But the Defense Department has moved into the age of mobile computing very, very slowly, and going high-end during a time when it’s crying poverty is an invitation to criticism on Capitol Hill and elsewhere.

“Every couple weeks, there’s another report that we’re abandoning BlackBerries, and that is just so far from the truth,” Pickart adds. Someone still loves you, company-formerly-known-as-RIM.
    03-21-13 04:37 PM
    Honestly I think lots are looking for headlines. And using fake or unreliable sources is a huge fault in journalisms. It's their credibility that is in line. We should gather the most people possible and write to these websites about our concerns.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 04:44 PM
    Blackberry has a strong official statement to Slashgear. Seems like no matter what device you bring but BES 10 is going to be the solution for DOD. Either way BBRY wins

BlackBerry has sent an official statement on the matter –

BlackBerry Statement

Our work with the U.S. Department of Defense is going well and the U.S. Department of Defense is moving forward with testing of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone. We are currently working with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and anticipate Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Security Requirement Guide (SRG) approval for the BlackBerry Device Service, BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry PlayBook by early April. BlackBerry was the first to go through the new SRG process by the Defense Department and will be the first to successfully come out of it.
    03-21-13 05:02 PM
    Blackberry has a strong official statement to Slashgear. Seems like no matter what device you bring but BES 10 is going to be the solution for DOD. Either way BBRY wins

The interesting thing is that Apple has not even achieved FIPS 140-2 certification for any iOS device yet. Blackberry had that for the Z10 before it launched anywhere. Not a big surprise then that they are ahead of their platform competitors when it comes to DoD testing/certification.
    03-21-13 05:48 PM
    The interesting thing is that Apple has not even achieved FIPS 140-2 certification for any iOS device yet. Blackberry had that for the Z10 before it launched anywhere. Not a big surprise then that they are ahead of their platform competitors when it comes to DoD testing/certification.
    I'm thinking that is the reason that the Z10 will be one of the first devices done with DoD testing in April.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 01:45 AM
    LMAO yeah sure sure, they are so full of BS they love APPLE cause its AMERICAN, so GFUS DOD of AMERICA.

If your with Blackberry THEN stick with them, not allow your Croonies to use whatever Device they want too as That is INSECURE to your Infrastructure.
    03-22-13 11:18 AM
    And add to the list of poor reporting is CBC.. sheesh. I expected more from them but this morning on TV they also put up a headline "US military dropping BlackBerry for iPhone". What is this? Is journalism simply copy and paste the first report they see regardless of whether it is correct or not?

I ask the CB community to go over to their site and tell them they are wrong! Both BB and US defense rectified that incorrect report last night...and obviously no one at CBC read it before work this morning.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-22-13 11:28 AM
    As the pace of information continues to increase, and the shift from professionally-edited/curated content to one-sided, one-man blogger loudmouths continue, the number of stupid "news" articles will do nothing but increase.

Every clueless twit has a megaphone now.
    03-22-13 04:36 PM
    Oh hey, maybe that's why they call it "Twitter".
    Umedon likes this.
    03-22-13 04:37 PM