With mobile computing people will be more and more dependent on their 'phone' for all their needs. With our phones likely replacing most if not all our home/work/stationary computing devices there will be a greater demand on the network connections our phones use. This plays right into the hands of the major carriers in the US (as far as I know they are separate from the home service providers like cox, comcast, etc, but I could be wrong, let me know if I am). Theres still a lot of room for growth both in the smartphone market from users who are still feature phone users and in the eventual market of mobile computing and this could be a big boon for the US carriers.
    02-16-13 05:05 PM
    With mobile computing people will be more and more dependent on their 'phone' for all their needs. With our phones likely replacing most if not all our home/work/stationary computing devices there will be a greater demand on the network connections our phones use. This plays right into the hands of the major carriers in the US (as far as I know they are separate from the home service providers like cox, comcast, etc, but I could be wrong, let me know if I am). Theres still a lot of room for growth both in the smartphone market from users who are still feature phone users and in the eventual market of mobile computing and this could be a big boon for the US carriers.
    It means that a lot of infrastructure needs upgrades, for certain. I've depended almost entirely on mobile resources since 2008, when I first discovered what a BlackBerry actually was, and I described it to others as a microcomputer and so much more. All but maybe 100 of my posts on CB were made using mobile devices. There are a lot of folks out there that are just learning what information on-the-fly means, too.
    02-18-13 02:03 AM
    I wonder if this trend will eventually push phablet devices such as Note 2 into the foreground of the market. I won't be at all surprised to see something of the sort from BBRY in the near future.
    02-18-13 07:15 AM