When I think about it, I think the main problem with BlackBerry's acceptance in the US is that there is no carrier support.
    People are being pushed towards iPhones and various Android phones. No one is telling them about the BlackBerry option.
    In countries where there is carrier support, BlackBerry is doing very well.
    07-03-13 03:37 PM
    Oh I agree with you. The only reason T-Mobile has update is because they are big in Europe not so big in the U.S but hey their members have the update. There is a lot of logic to what you posted. I said same thing long time ago. They string you along because they know they can. See T-MOBILE is not ad big as AT&T and Verizon so they do more for customer to help them and get the business to include unlimited data. AT&T use to have same but as they grew like always they diminished the benefits to their customers yet charge them more. There is know caring about their customers it's all about the money for them.

Posted via CB10
    lang007, Harley Kid and Bobcat665 like this.
    07-03-13 03:42 PM
    When I think about it, I think the main problem with BlackBerry's acceptance in the US is that there is no carrier support.
    People are being pushed towards iPhones and various Android phones. No one is telling them about the BlackBerry option.
    In countries where there is carrier support, BlackBerry is doing very well.
    You may be right, but it doesn't matter. It's not like we can flip a switch and change carrier behavior. If carriers are the problem, BBRY is going to have to work around them.
    cdnrower and anon(4099613) like this.
    07-03-13 03:45 PM
    The problem is the carriers will tell you they support what sells and satisfies. I think at this point the carriers are meh about BB10 devices because of BlackBerry's history with older devices. BlackBerry's bad rep. coming back to bite them.

To get back in the game it's almost like BlackBerry needs to create such a compelling phone that the demand forces an end run around carrier's behavior and makes them pay attention. I do not see that happening.
    07-03-13 03:46 PM
    Why push a phone that will just get returned because it reboots all the time? Or when the customer discovers that all the games his friends are playing aren't available? It's up to BlackBerry to get people going into the stores asking about it.
    aniym, Residing, richardat and 3 others like this.
    07-03-13 03:50 PM
    I think Blackberry is to blame. Their history has made a lot of people loose trust in the company.

Also, it could be that people just aren't all that interested in the new phones and/or the new OS.

Also, too many people still don't know about BB10. Who's fault is that?
    07-03-13 03:56 PM
    Also assigning blame is not going to help BlackBerry. They need another strategy at this point. Prooobably. We'll see next quarter. Two quarters is what they said they needed to see. (T. Heins). The problem also, is, I believe they've guided down for next quarter as well. So BB is not predicting a big upswing in BB10 device demand.
    07-03-13 03:58 PM
    The question really isn't if carriers aren't pushing BB, it's why. Most store reps don't use one so they don't care to tell people they should look into getting one. I agree carriers aren't doing a good job but who said it was their job? I'm sure carriers have agreements with companies about their level of marketing for a device. So if they aren't committed and blackberry hasn't given them a reason to then it's not their problem because they can still sell you another phone. They aren't losing customers for not selling blackberries. And Blackberry needs to bear some responsibility for the poor marketing as well. Can't always blame everyone else.

Imagine a sales rep with little or no real experience or care for Blackberry and not being forced by management to push a certain product. Easiesy way to make a sale:

1) Show you the device I use or comparable that you were already considering
    2) Show you an iPhone that everyone knows about
    3) Try to convince you to buy something I don't like or have little knowledge and use

Ok now a sales rep that is told by management what products to push

1) Show you those products (which are likely Androids)
    2) Show you the one I use and easy to sell because you've seen it before (which is likely Android and iPhone)
    3) Try to convince you to buy something I don't like or have little knowledge and use

If there are no real world blackberry users actually talking to customers and the carrier doesn't care then you'll find little push in stores. Couple that will poor marketing by blackberry and we are where we are.
    07-03-13 04:14 PM
    The really isn't if carriers aren't pushing BB, it's why. Most store reps don't use one so they don't care to tell people they should look into getting one. I agree carriers aren't doing a good job but who said it was their job? I'm sure carriers have agreements with companies about their level of marketing for a device. So if they aren't committed and blackberry hasn't given them a reason to then it's not their problem because they can still sell you another phone. They aren't losing customers for not selling blackberries. And Blackberry needs to bear some responsibility for the poor marketing as well. Can't always blame everyone else.
    Right. BlackBerry KNOWS the rules of the game. It is not like they are unknowingly being duped by the carriers. They know.
    07-03-13 04:17 PM
    I cannot speak for other carriers or other markets, however I can say that it appears that the Verizon stores in my area (Southern CA) have once again lost interest in Blackberry. This past weekend I went to three Verizon stores. All had taken the Blackberry signage down, two only had one of the new BB10 phones in display and one store did not have either one. I asked a store manager about this and she just said that display space is at such a premium that they have to go with what has a better chance of selling. She said they had been selling no more than 2-4 Blackberry devices a week, so they have pretty much stopped trying to sell them. If other carriers or Verizon stores in other markets are like this, it will not be easy for BB to recover.
    07-03-13 04:22 PM
    No, no and no. American carriers are to blame for the poor sales in the US. They purposely aren't trying to sell BlackBerry 10 devices and I don't care what they think of BlackBerry of the past... other countries aren't doing this at this scale so why should the US get special treatment to bash BlackBerry?

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-03-13 04:29 PM
    I forget exactly but don't they now have less than 4% of the market? Why should a carrier push them?
    07-03-13 04:32 PM
    No, no and no. American carriers are to blame for the poor sales in the US. They purposely aren't trying to sell BlackBerry 10 devices and I don't care what they think of BlackBerry of the past... other countries aren't doing this at this scale so why should the US get special treatment to bash BlackBerry?

The US carriers can operate how they like so long as they are not breaking laws. Yes things are very different in the US for BlackBerry than elsewhere. We all know that. Yet to sell in the US BlackBerry needs to figure out how to overcome this, not ask for charity or sympathy.
    07-03-13 04:32 PM
    Blackberry is available now i don't see the issue..
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-03-13 04:33 PM
    I was going to say something insightful, but then my phone decided to magically restart.
    07-03-13 04:39 PM
    I would hate to think that a multibillion $$ company would rely on another company ( in this case wireless carriers) for their success or failure, but it appears that that is exactly what BB is doing. How sad.

At the end of the day, it is up to blackberry to offer an interesting product and sell it. If they want to rely on ABC Superwireless to sell their stuff, well they get what they get.
    TgeekB, h20work, Residing and 5 others like this.
    07-03-13 04:41 PM
    Carriers are a part of the equation. Make and market a product people want and keep asking for and people will gladly push and sell it.
    BlackBerry has to prove to the carriers they are worth pushing...
    h20work and lang007 like this.
    07-03-13 04:50 PM
    I forget exactly but don't they now have less than 4% of the market? Why should a carrier push them?
    They don't need to push them... but they can't be pulling them either!!!!

bigedschukar and Bobcat665 like this.
    07-03-13 04:53 PM
    The carriers are largely to blame. Too many reps in stores have no idea how to do anything on a Z10 or Q10.

I guarantee that most people on these forums could do a better job showing a potential customer things about BlackBerry 10.

If I were a sales rep, I'd be excited that there's another solid platform for people to consider, since every sale goes towards the quota that reps need to meet.

It's the carriers' fault for having awkward displays, and it's BlackBerry's fault for not doing anything about it. The rebooting issue is solved now that all carriers have put out 10.1. That shouldn't have been an issue to begin with though, since I don't know how a problem like that could just slip through the cracks during testing.

There's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to the way U.S. carriers have handled BlackBerry 10's launch, that's for sure. But blaming doesn't solve anything, unless you figure out what's wrong and how to change it.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and world saviour like this.
    07-03-13 05:07 PM

as frank used to say Use your mentality, come back to reality - if they if didn't want to sell bb devices they wouldn't stock them - what sort of universe do you live in when retailers use up valuable floorspace on products they don't want?

The reason they stock them but don't seem to push them is straight forward - marketing dollars, if you stock a Samsung device the carrier knows that for every dollar they spend promoting a device, Samsung is likely to spend two or three, so they get a lot of bang for their own money via the overall spend - in contrast bbry spends buttons and they get a related level of support.
    07-03-13 05:12 PM
    So should Palm blame the carriers?
    07-03-13 05:20 PM
    While I agree with you, sales outside of the US haven't exactly been record setting. Blaming the carriers is part of it, but most of the blame lies with Blackberry for poor marketing and their typical delays and false promises that people have grown tired of.
    richardat and Blacklatino like this.
    07-03-13 05:22 PM
    They don't need to push them... but they can't be pulling them either!!!!

They can sell whatever they want, like any store. If you design a product does Walmart have to sell it? They sell what sells.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-03-13 05:42 PM

Who's to blame for the lack of sales in Canada? The massive drop in market share in Mexico? The big drop in Europe?

Surely that can't all be the US carriers fault.
    Residing and mikeo007 like this.
    07-03-13 05:44 PM
    The carriers are largely to blame. Too many reps in stores have no idea how to do anything on a Z10 or Q10.

I guarantee that most people on these forums could do a better job showing a potential customer things about BlackBerry 10.

If I were a sales rep, I'd be excited that there's another solid platform for people to consider, since every sale goes towards the quota that reps need to meet.

It's the carriers' fault for having awkward displays, and it's BlackBerry's fault for not doing anything about it. The rebooting issue is solved now that all carriers have put out 10.1. That shouldn't have been an issue to begin with though, since I don't know how a problem like that could just slip through the cracks during testing.

There's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to the way U.S. carriers have handled BlackBerry 10's launch, that's for sure. But blaming doesn't solve anything, unless you figure out what's wrong and how to change it.

Posted via CB10
    You can deflect blame all you want but BlackBerry got themselves in this mess with the carriers and their customers. It is their responsibility to figure their way out of it.
    07-03-13 05:48 PM
202 123 ...