So I was wondering, when I am looking at a page and I wanna send the link to a friend, I hit p and then scroll to "send address" and I choose who and how.

Problem is, I always get the long url. This is annoying for sending the link via sms. Does anyone know of a way to have the addy automatically trimmed or bityl'd?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 02:44 PM
    Search for Bit.lify in Google. The first entry is a BB app that does exactly that.
    03-31-10 06:30 PM
    Hey thx a bunch. So I've got it installed, but I can't seem to get it to work. There is just a screen to put in a user or do it anonymously, but either way when I try to send a page it doesn't happen. There isn't a "send to bitlify" option, nor does it kick in automatically

Annnnnnd. I just saw the new option in the menu lol. I would prefer it be in the "send" dialog, or maybe another hotkey. But this will work. Thanks so much

One questiom though. There isn't a "sign in" option on the screen, so does it automatically use my bitly account?

03-31-10 07:53 PM
    Also, it doesn't really work when I do sms. But email works fine, and so does copying. Thx a bunch again

03-31-10 07:54 PM
    I think it just adds a dialog to the browser menu that lets you send whatever page you are on by SMS, MMS, Email, or just copy it to the clipboard. I don't have an account so I didn't enter a username, but I assume that if you entered a username and password and unchecked the "anonymous" box, it would go to your bit.ly account.
    03-31-10 08:06 PM
    I haven't really played with it too much, I just installed it in an attempt to answer your question
    03-31-10 08:07 PM
    ha well thx for letting me know. i've used it a few times and i think it's a good solution
    03-31-10 08:17 PM
    I can't get it to work with my account. It says "you must be authenticated to use shorten" everytime I try to use it

04-01-10 02:45 PM
    I'm trying to find an app that shortens Youtube url's and i tried this bit.lify app but it keeps saying download SocialScope! does anyone know of an app that shortens url's?
    11-10-11 11:17 PM
    Try Shorten URL Pro.
    This is by far the best URL shortener (if that's a word) I've come across.
    The ShadyUrl function is amazing! Fun stuff. Random every time...
    However, it will set yo back $2.
    Use Shorten URL Pro to shorten urls in many ways! You can shorten an url with over 10 different services / websites. It is as easy as using the browser menu item from Shorten URL Pro, selecting a service and copy the url to the clipboard or send it to an email address.

You can also shorten your url with shadyurl.com which causes you to get a “shady” url which is fun to send to friends!

Features:
    - A menu item will be placed in the browser menu
    - Shorten your url with: tinyurl.com, bit.ly, shadyurl.com, u2s.in, bitly.nl, cc.st, clicky.me, is.gd, cuthut.com, itshrunk.com
    - Copy the url to the clipboard
    - Send the url by email
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26342

Hope this helps.
    11-10-11 11:44 PM
    Try https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...e=true&go=true in the BlackBerry browser. It is Google's URL shortener. I bookmarked it.
    11-11-11 01:00 AM
    Try https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...e=true&go=true in the BlackBerry browser. It is Google's URL shortener. I bookmarked it.
    This is the pretty much the app you are after. Best of all it is free.

Gadzone Mobile � App : Copy Google Link – Goo.gl

I use to use Bit.ly until it was removed and replaced with SocialScope, but I found the Copy Google Link application just as good.
    11-11-11 06:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD