I had to post this. BlackBerry is marketing well on TV but in the ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon even Best buy stores there has been no signs or display units but iphones are everywhere. I would suggest to BlackBerry and I hope anyone from BlackBerry reading this takes heed, setup genius bars in each store. With die hard BlackBerry users who love and believe in the product to help demo and sell the phone. Relying on users who have long forgotten BlackBerry to buy on their own is not smart. With all the bad press on BlackBerry they ought to pull out all the stops. Of course the product can sell itself but marketing is a huge factor in success as apple has proven. What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:22 PM
    I had to post this. BlackBerry is marketing well on TV but in the ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon even Best buy stores there has been no signs or display units but iphones are everywhere. I would suggest to BlackBerry and I hope anyone from BlackBerry reading this takes heed, setup genius bars in each store. With die hard BlackBerry users who love and believe in the product to help demo and sell the phone. Relying on users who have long forgotten BlackBerry to buy on their own is not smart. With all the bad press on BlackBerry they ought to pull out all the stops. Of course the product can sell itself but marketing is a huge factor in success as apple has proven. What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Love the idea, but the name needs tweaking. It's being used at the Apple stores.
    04-14-13 05:36 PM
    How about a 'Crack Addict'.

No?

Posted via CB10
    araskin, sanjk1 and anon(3896606) like this.
    04-14-13 05:59 PM
    Love the idea, but the name needs tweaking. It's being used at the Apple stores.
    The use of "genius" there is a bit of hipster hyperbole, IMO. Of course, if BB did this they'd probably pick a stodgy business title like SME or something
    dwane32 likes this.
    04-14-13 06:12 PM
    Well they can call it anything but they need to get it in stores quickly.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-14-13 09:08 PM
    Still waiting on that employment offer from bbry....

Sent from my Z10STL100-2/10.0.10.822
    04-14-13 09:09 PM
    I think they might be a bit short on cash right now to make something like this happen. The best course is a kiosk within a store in select markets, like bestbuys and malls in NYC.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    BlackberryTorcher likes this.
    04-14-13 09:21 PM
    Kiosk. I think that is a great idea.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:42 PM
    I think this is a great idea. I volunteer my time. BlackBerry contact me if you guys implement anything like this. I'll cover the Denver metro area.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    04-14-13 09:49 PM
    It can't be assumed the stores would allow it.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:05 PM
    It can't be assumed the stores would allow it.

Posted via CB10
    Malls would allow a kiosk, as long as the color of the money was right.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-14-13 10:08 PM
    They should hire fans from this forum...M I think it will ( much better if they just sponsor a street team lol

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 10:17 PM
    Mall kiosks are cheaper than television spots, and we all know how the best way to sell this phone is to get it in a person's hands.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-14-13 10:23 PM
    You know what? It is time to start thinking outside of the box as far as marketing is concerned. In my line of work each client I have is a walking, talking billboard for my business. We as BlackBerry enthusiasts have to hit the ground running. Each of us can do our own canvassing as we go about our daily routine. When I use my Z10 in public inevitably people look. Most look with recognition, as if they know it's the new BlackBerry. So I find myself holding a mini seminar showing off the interface, functions, keyboard and what have you at least twice a day. I've read in other threads or articles about people doing this as well. If each of us does this no doubt the grassroots effects would be enormous. We all want BlackBerry to succeed. And for sure we want the Z10 to do well. Well instead of taking the passive approach let's all be proactive and get out here and do something.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    04-14-13 10:45 PM
    Maybe we should all wait for 10.1 first. ;-)

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-14-13 10:49 PM