URGENT HELP needed:re. Unwanted deletion 100's of calendar entries

Since I assume this problem with Desktop manager 4.7 applies to all 8800 series at least, I'm posting here. I synch my 8830 with 2 computers. Lately it's asked me to delete about 600 entries from my calandar, and apparently already did with my desktop. What did I do wrong and how can I quickly avoid it's deleting from my laptop? If I preserve the entries in the laptop, can I then synch them back to my desktop?
    OR at least when it asks if I want to accept all the changes, is there a way to accept all EXCEPT the deletions?
    Thank you for URGENT help, as I need to synch to my laptop for a trip this week, but don't want to lose the ~600 entries.
    Dan
    05-11-09 09:18 AM
    There is an option in DM to have it prompt you for deletions. I'm going to guess that your calendar entries are still on your phone but are now showing a Device Default instead of the default email address. (Mine got changed when I recent the service books to fix an email problem).

If it is prompting you for those deletions, it gives you several options including a ReSync option. That is the one you want to use. That will resync all of those events back to your phone which should then propagate back over to your other computer. Once that gets resolved (and assuming I am correct on the Default Device guess above), you will need to go in a delete the duplicate entries from that Default Device calendar. You can filter on just that calendar and purge them all and delete any recurring events by hand or find a way to nuke that entire calendar.
    05-11-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD