I am using a Pearl and just upgraded to a Storm. I searched to forums to see how to transfer my data from the Pearl to the Storm but could not find anything. I know there is a section in the Blackberry desktop on transfering but no instructions.
    Can anyone give me advice on how to transfer the data?
    Thanks!!
    02-24-09 07:49 PM
    just plug one in and follow what the DM tells you
    02-24-09 08:11 PM
    In DM, select the device switch wizard. Click the start button under Switch Blackberry devices. In the current device, make sure the pin for the pearl is displayed. In the new device, make sure the pin for the storm is displayed. Type in any password for both devices if they are password protected. Make sure that all the boxes are check off. This way you can update the device to the latest version, move all apps and system data to the device and also select which apps you want to install on the new device. Click next to continue with the transfer. Just follow the directions on the next screens to finish the installation. After the transfer finishes, log into the BIS site and change the details to your new device so that your mail is delivered to the new BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:12 PM
    desktop manager has an option to switch devices. use that. works great.
    02-24-09 08:13 PM
    In the Desktop Manager, there is a Synchronize option. With your Pearl connected, go to Synchronize, find the Configure options on the left side of the DM app, and setup what information you want synchronized with outlook/outlook-express (contacts, calendar appts, etc). Then just switch devices and setup the sync configuration to sync it onto the new device.
    02-24-09 08:14 PM
    I just want to thank you all for the info you passed on.
    02-24-09 08:33 PM
    Welcome to the Storm ! Make sure to give it some time it takes a bit to get used to it !

02-24-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD