Hey guys, so heres my situation:
    I've had my pearl flip 8220 for about a year now. Its been a great phone and has served me well. Unfortunately, due to problems with UMA calling and random reboots, its near unusable. I just called up t-mo and after about 40 minutes on the phone with a supervisor, he offered me a great deal on a Nokia E73 Mode..he said I could get it for $125 (after mail/rebate) with no two-year contract renewal, no activation fee, and no shipping fee. I was amazed. (I don't have a data plan, and this was the closest smartphone that could call via wifi that didn't need a data plan)...the reason wifi calling (UMA) is important to me is because I don't get cell service at my house so I have to rely on wifi to call/text at home.

My mom wants to go the other route and get the phone for $30 with a 2 year contract renewal..since it's cheaper.

I disagree with her since we just got offered an amazing deal on the phone.

What are your guys' opinions?

Should I
    A) Get the phone for $125 flat, no contract renewals, shipping, activation fees
    or
    B) Get the phone for $30 with a 2 year contract renewal (we could probably get shipping/activation fees waived for this too)

I think that getting it for $125 flat is a WAY better deal than getting it for $30+a 2 year contract. Why? -because its pretty much like buying an unlocked phone (no contract) for an amazing price...I mean nowhere are you going to find an unlocked Nokia Mode for $125..or probably anywhere near that price.

But anyways, what should I do?

It really pains me to let go of my BB since I've came to love it over the time I've had it.. especially since Symbian OS isn't exactly user friendly (according to reviews), but I can't pass up this opportunity...5mp cam w/autofocus, GPS, FM radio, etc. Especially since my BB is close to being dead.

If I could get another BB, I would but I really have no need for a data plan and this is one of the few smartphones that doesn't require one.
    11-24-10 12:47 AM
    I would go for the no contract price of $125. Signing a two year contract is not worth a discount of $90.
    11-24-10 01:15 AM
    Or even try eBay. I'm sure there are used phones for cheaper too. Worth the risk.
    11-24-10 04:56 AM
    Take that 125 and buy an 9780 (with contract)
    11-24-10 12:04 PM
    Well, as it turns out, I have to take the $125 and no contract deal since it's the only way I can get the phone without a data plan...but thats a good thing, I wanted to take this deal in the first place, its a great deal!

If I took the $30+2 year contract deal, it would require me to get a data plan which I don't need.

So I guess in a way, it all worked out.
    11-25-10 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD