Hey guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading my Curve 8520 because it is quite slow and I keep getting the little loading icon (at one point it was rendered unusable...)

The BlackBerrys I have in mind are the Bold 9780 or 9700 or the Curve 9300.

My budget is roughly $200 or so on Craigslist and I'm using Rogers as a carrier if that matters.

What are your takes on the phones? Is it really worth paying a bit more for the 9780 and do you guys have any suggestions on how to speed up my Curve for now?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mixyin; 08-30-11 at 04:17 PM.
    08-30-11 04:15 PM
    I'm not sure about the 8520. I used to have the 8530 (basically the same) and I had so many issues with that thing. Now I have the 9330 and I have to say once I put OS 6.0.0.600 on it, it turned into a great device. The battery power you get out of this device is amazing compared to androids.

As for speed and reliability, I use QuickPull to reboot my phone every night so I've never had the phone freeze for more then say 5 seconds.

If I was to give any advice on your current phone, I'd say to hurry up and upgrade but until then, shrink your os and reboot daily (or setup QuickPull).
    08-30-11 04:24 PM
    I'm not sure about the 8520. I used to have the 8530 (basically the same) and I had so many issues with that thing. Now I have the 9330 and I have to say once I put OS 6.0.0.600 on it, it turned into a great device. The battery power you get out of this device is amazing compared to androids.

As for speed and reliability, I use QuickPull to reboot my phone every night so I've never had the phone freeze for more then say 5 seconds.

If I was to give any advice on your current phone, I'd say to hurry up and upgrade but until then, shrink your os and reboot daily (or setup QuickPull).

Thanks for the suggestion, I got this phone for free from Rogers like 3 days ago and it's so slow... That's why I don't mind buying an upgrade so soon.
    Last edited by Mixyin; 08-30-11 at 04:50 PM.
    08-30-11 04:34 PM
    I'd try reloading a shrunk or hybrid OS5 on your 8520 first, see how it goes, then decide on a new device. The 9780 is fine, but if you don't mind renewing your contract, get the new 9900...
    08-30-11 04:46 PM
    I'd try reloading a shrunk or hybrid OS5 on your 8520 first, see how it goes, then decide on a new device. The 9780 is fine, but if you don't mind renewing your contract, get the new 9900...
    I'll try that out thanks, but like I said, I got the phone 3 days ago for free so I won't be able to renew my contract for a few years.
    08-30-11 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD