Hi. Sorry if this is in the wrong section or has been answered before. I did a search and couldn't find the answer. Last year a bought a 8310 curve from ebay, locked to Vodafone UK (my network), I initially had issues getting it all set up and working. Eventually the former owner gave me the BIS user name and password for the phone and I was able to change the password and add my email accounts and everything works fine. I am now awaiting delivery of an upgrade to a Storm 2 from Vodafone. What I want to do is set up a new BIS account for this phone, thus distancing it from the old user's account. Is this possible? Will I be able to transfer my Vodafone/Blackberry email address (it's in the format of me @ mobileemail.vodafone.net) from the old account to the new one or will I need a new email address to set up the new account? Can I then delete this email address from the old account? Any help with this or advice on how to do it would be gratefully received (I'm still a bit of a Blackberry novice). Thanks!
    11-11-09 08:11 AM
    Talk to your service provider, they might be able to reset it.
    11-11-09 08:47 AM
    Talk to your service provider, they might be able to reset it.
    Reset what exactly? The BIS account? Vodafone were rubbish in their help with getting it all set up in the first place- refusing to release the device PIN, etc.. and a series of emails between me and the old user eventually got it all sorted. I was thinking if it's easy to set up a new account then that's the way I'd like to go...
    11-11-09 08:52 AM
    In the BIS settings from your desktop, when you are logged into your account, there is a option on the left that says : Device Change

Or something to that effect. From there, you register your new IMEI and PIN, and off you go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:32 AM
    I don't think I explained myself clearly- I want to know if it's possible to set up a new BIS account for this phone but still use my old BlackBerry email address with the new account.
    11-11-09 11:04 AM
    Again, like the post above yours said, you will have to contact Vodafone to ask about this. The simplest would be to use the same one and update the device; however I think you should be able to do what you want with one problem - ability to use that original address. Thats just my guess but I can def be wrong. Talk to them and see.
    11-11-09 12:09 PM
    Just call Carrier and tell them what you want to do. I had to set up my new BIS account but Verizon had to set up the account initially. Verizon said it was impossible to set it up initially on my own. Of course, after it is set up, you can make all the changed you want. I would think after your carrier set up your new BIS account, you would merely go to your old BIS account and delete the emails. After that, go to your new BIS account and add them. Make sense?
    11-11-09 01:30 PM
    This is true for all free email services. If you delete your blackberry branded email, that email address is locked for a certain period of time before releasing it back to open market. Typically is 90 days, could be longer. So you won't be able to get it back, or at least not easily.

The problem is when you first setup the BIS account with the old phone, you should have asked Vodafone to delete that existing BIS account completely. I have done that before. The only think that's bothering you is the "user name" on you existing BIS account. No one can access that account except you. I say just live with it and migrate the account over to your new BB. It's not like you are going to access that account on a daily basis.
    11-11-09 01:47 PM
    I don't think I explained myself clearly- I want to know if it's possible to set up a new BIS account for this phone but still use my old BlackBerry email address with the new account.
    Yes. You can actually. you are requesting two BIS accounts for one line. It could possibly be done. Does Voda have SIM cards? If not, then no. It can't be done.

But again, Device Change will keep your emails on the same BIS account. And you can do this repeatedly until you get tired of doing it.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 11-11-09 at 08:18 PM.
    11-11-09 08:09 PM
    I say just live with it and migrate the account over to your new BB. It's not like you are going to access that account on a daily basis.
    I think this maybe for the best. I was just hoping there would be an easy way around it. Thanks for your advice everyone!
    11-12-09 07:09 AM
    you can change your device as much as youd like with the bis account and not have to deal with your service proovider resetting things that could turn into more of a headache than its worth!
    11-12-09 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD