I will be receiving my new curve tommorrow. Can someone tell me I made a good move from a Pearl? Also, is there a color pearl app for the curve? I see them but it does not change to trackball just the LED. Any suggestions for third party apps to load on my new curve? Probably will be back here tomm. with more ?'s about my curve. Thanks for all the help.
    06-26-08 09:39 PM
    I personally like the Curve better because of the full QWERTY keyboard. The apps that I like are weather eye, google maps, and vlingo.

I'm sure that you will be happy with your curve. I love mine.
    06-26-08 10:01 PM
    You made an excellent choice I hope you dont let the trackball color bothere you.
    06-26-08 10:17 PM
    I love my Curve! I had the pearl and got used to it, but its too small and i hated the suretype.
    06-26-08 10:19 PM
    Minority opinion: Sorry Brotha and JenniMac
    Curve great for screen size and GPS,
    but I love, love, love the Pearl keyboard.
    06-26-08 10:36 PM
    I recently upgraded from a Pearl to the Curve. The Curve is a great device. You'll love it. Check out google maps for a third party app.
    06-26-08 10:46 PM
    Yes. I switched yesterday and the curve I love it. So much better than the pearl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 10:48 PM
    You will enjoy the curve in so many more ways.
    06-26-08 10:59 PM
    You can never go wrong going to another Blackberry . Now if you went to Windows Mobile or Palm...

Minority opinion: Sorry Brotha and JenniMac
    Curve great for screen size and GPS,
    but I love, love, love the Pearl keyboard.
    Agree with you there.
    I come from a long line of dumb phones so have never been "spoiled" by a full QWERTY keyboard. I got SureType all figured out within a day and can type away just as fast as on my wife's Curve. Make less mistakes too because they keys are bigger and I'm not as likely to hit a neighboring key. The big screen and 96mb of memory is very tempting...but...must...resist...until 9000 series.
    06-26-08 11:14 PM
    You'll love it! I switched from the pearl to the curve and have never regretted it. For me, it was the QWERTY keyboard and screen size. The pearl (if I still had it) would be my weekend BlackBerry. But I decided to share the love and sold it to my friend.

06-26-08 11:28 PM
    Great choice!! Nice upgrade... you will enjoy it

Get BBSmart Alarms Pro... very handy, especially if you wake up at different times on different days (For Example, you have a meeting at work earlier on Friday... or something like that)
    06-26-08 11:29 PM
    Great choice!! Nice upgrade... you will enjoy it

Get BBSmart Alarms Pro... very handy, especially if you wake up at different times on different days (For Example, you have a meeting at work earlier on Friday... or something like that)
    You are up late, sir!

Anyhow. You made the right choice. The curve, imho, is a definite upgrade. And you'll get used to the full qwerty - I hated it at first, now I can't live without it. Also, the screen size and graphic clarity?? Second to none. Curve for prez!!

06-26-08 11:31 PM
    You'll love it! I switched from the pearl to the curve and have never regretted it. For me, it was the QWERTY keyboard and screen size. The pearl (if I still had it) would be my weekend BlackBerry. But I decided to share the love and sold it to my friend.

Its like you're reading my mind!

I had a long line of suretype phones (about 3-4 years worth). Always liked the smaller form factor & the larger keys of the
    pearl (&7100 before that). To me the Pearl was the first bb that was on par size wise with the small dumbphones.

When I realised the curve was NOT as big as an 8700/8800 I decided to give one a go. I'm happy I did.

Took awhile to unlearn SureType and get used to the SMALLER keys but I get so much more screen in a 'still nice' form factor.

If I had not sold my pearl it would be a great personal phone, or perfect for my gf.

I also miss the coloured LED in the trackball but I'll cope.

Fave app has to be Viigo.
    Trying Opera Mini, nicer than BB browser in some ways & more frustrating in others
    Haven't tried GPS much, tho will mess about with it while I'm on hols.

So yes I think you made a great choice!

06-26-08 11:50 PM
    the curve is so much better than pearl IMHO
    06-27-08 01:05 AM
    I just upgraded to the curve today from my pearl, I loved me pearl but I love the pearl WAY more the keyboard is a plus and I love the look and fill of it.

06-27-08 01:10 AM
    I have moments where I miss my Pearl, but then I look at my Curve and luff it.
    06-27-08 10:22 AM
    Before I bought my original curve *8300* I had, I tried out the Pearl and I almost bought it, but once I tried the Curve, I never looked at the Pearl again! Now this was back before the 8110 and 8130, when the 8100 was the only pearl available and it had the crappier camera and that suretype was just down right annoying. I love the full qwerty keyboard myself! Plus now the newer Pearls are close to the same features of the Curve except with Suretype and smaller screen! I still would choose the Curve over because I just love the phone!

Charlie
    06-27-08 01:53 PM
    You are up late, sir!

Anyhow. You made the right choice. The curve, imho, is a definite upgrade. And you'll get used to the full qwerty - I hated it at first, now I can't live without it. Also, the screen size and graphic clarity?? Second to none. Curve for prez!!

Yeah... Jenay is second to none as well!!

Jenay for prez... haha

And I was up "late" although I had a meeting this morning at 6:30... bad idea, whatev
    06-27-08 01:58 PM
    Thanks everyone, Got the Curve today about 5pm and I have not put it down yet. Glad I upgraded!! Thanks all for the advice.
    06-27-08 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD