Hi,

Got the Crimson 8310 from an AT&T outlet store just now, for $99 (upgrade with 2 yr contract and $29.99 data plan). [ 50% off for thanksgiving !!. $100 mail-in rebate))

Just finished the setup wizard ( 13 steps ) and when I returned to the main screen, there were 3 messages waiting in the messages folder.

2 of them were under todays date (Nov 21, 2007). But the 3rd one was under a date "sept 07, 2007" from "blackberry" with a subject "Registration" stating that "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"

Where does this Sept 07, 2007 message come from when I got the phone just today (Nov 21, 2007)...Any idea ? Did anyone get such a message with an older date ? How did the handheld get registered on Sept 07, 2007 - a whole 2 month back ?????????
    11-21-07 09:21 PM
    Don't know why or how it happens but this has happened to my on all of my BB's with bot VZW and TMO.
    11-21-07 09:23 PM
    Just got off the phone with AT&T tech support. The first question he asked was where I purchased the phone from : 1) AT&T online store 2) AT&T authorized store 3) Some kiosk/cart in a shopping mall.

My doubt was whether this was a refurbished phone which someone registered way back in sept 07, 2007.

He first asked me to re-register the phone from the advanced options. Which I didn't want to do , without knowing where the old message came from. So he checked with the Customer Care and then told me that only warrantly dept. could confirm whether this was a new phone or not. He transferred me to the warranty dept. and they took the IMEI # from the phone and confirmed that this is a new phone.

"The message in Sept 07, 2007 was when this particular handheld was put on the AT&T shelf for sale".

I sincerely hope that is true...Initially, for a moment I thought I took home a refurbished phone on a 50% discount for $99 !!!
    11-21-07 10:34 PM
    I've seen that before, and I believe that is the date of when the OS was first loaded onto that device. Don't worry. That price is a special Thanksgiving sale that AT&T is offering. It's been posted on numerous blogs.
    11-21-07 10:37 PM
    I thinks its the Date that the Carrier provisioned the device with RIM. Once provisioned RIM sents the successfull registration message to the device but it can only be viewed once its switched....
    11-23-07 09:43 PM
    Hi,

Got the Crimson 8310 from an AT&T outlet store just now, for $99 (upgrade with 2 yr contract and $29.99 data plan). [ 50% off for thanksgiving !!. $100 mail-in rebate))

Just finished the setup wizard ( 13 steps ) and when I returned to the main screen, there were 3 messages waiting in the messages folder.

2 of them were under todays date (Nov 21, 2007). But the 3rd one was under a date "sept 07, 2007" from "blackberry" with a subject "Registration" stating that "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network"

Where does this Sept 07, 2007 message come from when I got the phone just today (Nov 21, 2007)...Any idea ? Did anyone get such a message with an older date ? How did the handheld get registered on Sept 07, 2007 - a whole 2 month back ?????????
    I got an 8310 yesterday. Bought at a corporate store using the same deal you got. Date said Sept 7. I'm sure it was a brand new phone. I agree with the other posters that this probably is the date of manufacture or OS loading.
    11-26-07 04:49 PM
    I'll also second the resounding message. It's happened with every Blackberry I've owned. There are always messages you get after you complete setup wizard that are dated a few months back. It definitely does not mean your phone is refurbished.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-07 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD