Hey guys I'm finally going to upgrade from my 9000(this phone served me amazingly for 2 years but it's time to move on) and I'm looking for another bb but don't know which one to get so I'm looking for the Crackberry nation to help and recommend me.

T.I.A

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 07:01 PM
    Personally I'm intrigued by the Bold 99xx. I'm not one for the BB keyboard so I'm thinking the Storm 3 will be a better fit. But I still can't stop thinking about that darn 99xx! Torch 2 for good mention too. Not sure which one!
    07-04-11 07:34 PM
    I'm off contract now and still waiting for the past 3 months to pick up a new phone. Like many, I am still waiting on the new bold touchscreen, which may still be months away. Given how inefficient the manufacturer is. GL, and I hope you don't have to wait as long as me.
    07-04-11 08:25 PM
    I was going to get the new Bold Touch until I started hearing that QNX phones could be launching as early as Q1 2012. There is no way I want to be locked into a good old 3 year (Canadian) contract when those puppies come out.
    Last edited by Alberta Blue; 07-05-11 at 01:10 AM.
    07-04-11 09:34 PM
    I was going to get the new Bold Touch until I started hearing that QNX phones could be launching as early as Q1 2012. There is no way I want to be looked into a good old 3 year (Canadian) contract when those puppies come out.
    The First QNX phone will be an All touchscreen device, I'd bet Q2 or Q3 before we get a qwerty candybar QNX phone.

to the OP
    if you are coming off a 9000, truthfully I would keep your 9000 until the 9900 comes out, the 9780 is a nice device, but they roomy keyboard of the 9000 is unmatched until the 9900 is released
    07-04-11 10:14 PM
    After using the 9000 keypad for two years, I would suggest waiting on the 9900 series. The keypad on the new Bold touch is similiar in size but a much more advanced device
    07-04-11 10:33 PM
    As others suggested, I would also suggest waiting for the new devices. Most of the current line up is being phased out to make room for the new ones already. It will be worth the wait.
    07-04-11 10:39 PM
    Save the upgrade, if you need something now grab a used BlackBerry off of Craigslist to get you thru until the new lines are released.

07-04-11 10:47 PM
    I would like to suggest you to keep waiting for the until the new up gradation. their are possibilities that new version having some extended feature. So i would like to advice until the new model.
    Last edited by samrita; 07-06-11 at 12:23 AM.
    07-05-11 02:09 AM
    Save the upgrade, you'll be kicking yourself later otherwise.
    07-05-11 02:50 AM
    Hi Daz,
    I agree there are better BlackBerry models about to be launched and if you wait then you will have more options to chose from, but then I'd say there will always be newer models about to be launched and.... I personally like the torch, has a very good touch screen (not like the storm, sadly) keyboard is pretty good too.
    07-05-11 03:44 AM
    Hey guys, sorry about the late reply(summer time seems to get the better of me) after reading all the great replys and after seeing the soonest the bold touch comes out in the uk is SEPTEMBER I decided to go with the torch. T
    his just seems like the right option as I get the best of both worlds w
    ith the touchscreen and the qwerty that's what really grabbed me, so hopefully all goes well and thanks for the great help guys.

07-07-11 02:11 PM
    i dont want to be a big pessimist, but I am already prepared for your post in ~Octoberish that will say "I should have waited." Honestly the torch is OK and all but realize that for the next 731 days you will be using a device that has been rather outdated since the year began.
    07-07-11 03:23 PM
    Hey guys, sorry about the late reply(summer time seems to get the better of me) after reading all the great replys and after seeing the soonest the bold touch comes out in the uk is SEPTEMBER I decided to go with the torch. T
    his just seems like the right option as I get the best of both worlds w
    ith the touchscreen and the qwerty that's what really grabbed me, so hopefully all goes well and thanks for the great help guys.

You really should be taking it back if you can. I've gone that route before (purchased an old device when the new one was on the verge of being released). You will most DEFINITELY regret it. Not sure (and too lazy to check) if you're the one who said you would be in a 3-year contract, but if so, all the more reason to wait.

At the very least, stay off the Crackbery site when the excitement starts to build!
    07-07-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD