Hey, guys, just a quick question. My Verizon plan is eligible for an upgrade. I currently have a Pearl. Is it worth it to get the Curve? What are some of the main differences/upgrades between the two phones? Or should I just wait for a new BB to come out on Verizon. Thanks.
    12-10-08 04:29 PM
    Unless you know you'll be happy with the Curve and will keep it for a while, I'd hang on for another 6 months or so. I suspect we'll should be seeing some CDMA variants by then of some of the new GSM berries that are out now.
    12-10-08 04:39 PM
    I went from the pearl to the curve and I loveit....If you think abt it, if vzw comes out with anything else it may be touchscreen, to kind of keep up to date or be a global capable deivce, so if you dont want those features id say hit up the curve
    12-10-08 04:41 PM
    There won't be any new BB for Verizon for the next 3 months. So, upgrade now or wait at least 3 months. The major difference between the Pearl and Curve is the keyboard and screen. I personally find the Curve's keyboard much easier to type than SURETYPE. And now it's also the best time of the year to get any phone for incredibly low price
    12-10-08 04:47 PM
    I also recommend the curve. Excellent device. Trouble free and with Sprint, excellent service. 0 complaints!
    12-10-08 05:13 PM
    On vzw, pearl to a curve, I would get it off of craigs or ebay and save the upgrade, there are 2 or 3 models scheduled to come out in the first half of the year.
    just my .02
    12-10-08 05:16 PM
    One letter, one key; that's my measure of a BlackBerry. I'm loving my new Curve, and I wouldn't think of getting one of the newer models 'til they've been cooked in the field for at least a year. Let other people pay good money to be beta testers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 05:58 PM
    I went from a pearl to the storm.. which I didn't care for at all.. and now have a curve. I love it. it's basically like a pearl but the larger screen and full keyboard are much nicer... I think it may be the best device I've ever owned..
    12-10-08 06:14 PM
    I use a Bold now, but I loved my Curve when I had it. Much easier to use than the Pearl. The only advantage to the Pearl, in my opinion, is the small size.
    12-10-08 06:14 PM
    I'd upgrade to the Curve because it's easier to type and has a larger screen than the Pearl for surfing the net and working with documents. It's rumored that VZW will come out with a new version. It will most likely do the same thing a Curve can do, but with more memory, faster processor, and a few perks. Most likely if and when it comes out, you'll be paying top dollar. Within a year after it's official release you'll be able to get it for less with rebates and other discount savings. So now is the time to take advantage of those offers with the Curve. Got mine for free It'll be at least a year or more before you'll see those savings with an up and coming model.
    12-10-08 06:39 PM
    pearls only advantage is size, curve is better. you will notice the difference immediatley, i also got a lag with the pearl.
    12-10-08 07:55 PM
    Did this thread really start today (12/10/08)? I'm just confused because someone referenced a touch BB coming soon, but the Storm has been out for a few weeks now.

As for going from a Pearl to a Curve, I made that same switch 6 months ago and loved my Curve.

If you're interested in a touch BB (or the largest screen on a BlackBerry), definitely give the Storm a spin.
    12-10-08 08:04 PM
    I had a curve, and went to a pearl, and am now going back to a curve. the curve has a couple advantages on the pearl
    1. full keyboard, what i noticed from switching to the pearl is that a lot of times you have to try multiple times to get the right words because it'll pop up with the word you use the most over an equally common word that you dont use as much (not always pops up when i'm looking for boy and visa versa)
    2. bigger screen.
    3. the pearl lags when you have too much of anything on it, also a friend of mine told me after i purchased my pearl that works for the company that they have a weird bug that deletes things randomly sometimes when the device is getting a little full. it goes extremely slow when you have too many texts! which is obnoxious.

go for the curve, its easier to text on and way worth the bigger size you end up having to deal with
    12-10-08 10:18 PM
    I had a curve, and went to a pearl, and am now going back to a curve. the curve has a couple advantages on the pearl
    1. full keyboard, what i noticed from switching to the pearl is that a lot of times you have to try multiple times to get the right words because it'll pop up with the word you use the most over an equally common word that you dont use as much (not always pops up when i'm looking for boy and visa versa)
    2. bigger screen.
    3. the pearl lags when you have too much of anything on it, also a friend of mine told me after i purchased my pearl that works for the company that they have a weird bug that deletes things randomly sometimes when the device is getting a little full. it goes extremely slow when you have too many texts! which is obnoxious.

go for the curve, its easier to text on and way worth the bigger size you end up having to deal with

In response to this...the Curve has more memory. Many customers I see with the Pearl deleting issue is a memory issue more than anything. So if you know you are going to be using more memory, I'd get the Curve. (or wait for a different version if you are willing to wait)
    12-11-08 12:19 AM
    The extra memory is very nice. I usually stay around 54 mb free on my Curve. That's just a crazy amount of memory if you are used to the Pearl. However, I am one of the few members on this forum that loves suretype. I miss it on my Curve. I use both devices and they are both excellent. . You can't beat the price on the Curve right now. If you are looking for a great BB at a bargain; go with the Curve.

12-11-08 12:34 AM
    i love my curve sooo yes.
    12-11-08 02:01 AM
    the curve is a nice device.. however at this point in the game I would probably stick it out..

there is rumors of a cdma 8900 and a cdma bold

I don't think there that far fetched..

the 8900 is a hyper driven curve..

and well the bold you can probably find alot about..

Both those devices will have more memory and other features that are not currently on the curve or the pearl..

its up to you in the end but I wouldnt blow a new every 2 this late in the game..
    12-11-08 05:09 AM
    I started with the pearl and after two months I was able to get the curve. I have been very happy with my curve 8330. So I would recommend the curve!!!!

12-11-08 07:40 AM
    I upgraded from a 7130e to my Curve for free (after a rebate) - it was a no brainer. The Curve is awesome! It's the best handheld I've tried. BUT, I do not like the keyboard. I prefer to hold the device and type with the same hand and it's tough for me w/ my Curve and its tiny little keys.
    12-11-08 09:43 AM
    Thanks, guys, I just switched.
    12-15-08 03:19 PM
    I used to have the Pearl, but then bought myself a new Curve. I love the feel and look of the Curve. The Pearl is nice, but the Curve is newer, has a more advanced operating system, and greater capabilities than the Pearl. Make the switch.
    12-20-08 02:36 AM
    I would get the new curve 8900 but i don't think vzw will have it.
    12-20-08 02:38 AM
    If I were you I would make the switch. In fact, I plan on making the switch this summer when my contract renews. I have a pearl right now and I really like it, but I've seen the curve and it is an awesome phone. It is very sleek and has a different, more sophisticated feel to it. The upgrade would definitely be worth it.

12-20-08 02:47 AM
    Currently a Pearl user and waiting, as someone said before, for a better deal on a Bold (think of the Bold as the baby a Pearl and Curve would have, LOL).
    12-20-08 04:40 AM
    My wife selected the pearl because it was cute. She was unhappy with it and we went to the curve. She is in love with it. I dumped my WM6 for the curve, and I too am thrilled.
    12-20-08 08:11 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD