I recently decided to cancel my BB internet plan, should I even bother upgrading to this OS, most of the features seem to be email and internet related, so is it worth it for me?
    03-21-09 03:56 PM
    Hmmm, only you can decide. 4.5 will give you better memory management, ability to use larger memory cards, and a video camera as well.
    03-21-09 03:59 PM
    Hmmm, only you can decide. 4.5 will give you better memory management, ability to use larger memory cards, and a video camera as well.
    Agreed. There are features other than email and internet enhancements.
    03-21-09 04:03 PM
    I think its worth the upgrade. Seems very stable to me and if you ever get back on a plan your ahead of the game.
    03-21-09 04:04 PM
    Wow good info, the ATT website only mentioned email related enhancements. I would definitely love to have a video camera, If I did upgrade how would I go about backing all my stuff up? What would be lost if I didn't back it up?
    03-21-09 04:05 PM
    Also, if you like to download 3rd party themes, a lot of themes are for 4.5 only.
    03-21-09 04:06 PM
    Totally up to you. Take a look at the OS features are and decide if you want those features. But just know, it's not that hard to upgrade, it's quite simple if you follow the directions.

During the upgrade process in DM, it backs it all up for you. If you didn't back it up, everything would be lost. It'd be like starting with a new phone.
    03-21-09 04:07 PM
    Wow good info, the ATT website only mentioned email related enhancements. I would definitely love to have a video camera, If I did upgrade how would I go about backing all my stuff up? What would be lost if I didn't back it up?
    The upgrade process will backup and restore your stuff automatically, but you should still do a manual backup just in case something goes wrong.

Also, use Desktop Manager 4.6 for the upgrade, don't use 4.7 or you might have some problems.

Or, the easiest way to get upgraded to 4.5 is here:

https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade/
    03-21-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD