I was wondering is it best to do the latest 4.5 upgrade or wait for the much anticipated official upgrade from Tmobile thats reported to be released on 10-20-2008.
    10-16-08 10:35 PM
    If you read all the problems that people have written about on this site that have done it early then I would wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 10:57 PM
    If T-Mobile is releasing a version soon then it would be safe to say to upgrade now would be alright. Most likely T-Mobile's release will be the same version if not a lower one.

10-16-08 11:00 PM
    If T-Mobile is releasing a version soon then it would be safe to say to upgrade now would be alright. Most likely T-Mobile's release will be the same version if not a lower one.

I concurr
    10-16-08 11:10 PM
    If the date of 10-20 is correct, and you're not comfortaable with the upgrade, I would wait.
    I'm with Verizon, and who know's when they'll release their version. So I took my chances. I already had HTML Email by using Empower Pro (got it on sale during the mobile heist). I mainly wanted to upgrade in order to view and edit my files using Docs To Go and the ability to save attachments to my SDcard.
    10-16-08 11:16 PM
    Buddy, I am the first one to advise people to wait until they're comfortable with their berries to upgrade. That said, the vast majority of people who upgrade have no trouble at all. The relatively few who do generally make a mistake and don't follow instructions. You might not be comfortable doing an upgrade. That is perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with that at all. But we don't need to scare people either. Rim has created software to do the job and not harm a berry. One just needs to do it right -- and that means follow very straight forward instructions and you'll be fine.

10-16-08 11:31 PM
    Buddy, I am the first one to advise people to wait until they're comfortable with their berries to upgrade. That said, the vast majority of people who upgrade have no trouble at all. The relatively few who do generally make a mistake and don't follow instructions. You might not be comfortable doing an upgrade. That is perfectly fine and there's nothing wrong with that at all. But we don't need to scare people either. Rim has created software to do the job and not harm a berry. One just needs to do it right -- and that means follow very straight forward instructions and you'll be fine.

I agree not to mention you do have to see if it is something that you like... I know a handful of people who love their berry's with the older OS.

How about this... its your berry, sweets. If you really want to see what the new OS is all about then load it. If you don't think that you can do it alone then ask around to people you know that have upgraded to see if they can give you some pointers. If you don't know someone that has upraded, then get someone's PIN from the forums that has upgraded and have them walk you through it step by step. I'll even help my PIN is readily available
    10-17-08 12:44 AM
    If you've waited this long, you might as well wait.

10-17-08 12:46 AM

I suspect, after all the testing that T-Mobile has been doing, they will release '.81 as a minimum. More likely, they will have insisted on further changes and we will see an newer version once released.

The OP would be wise to wait just a little longer, the BlackBerry automatic upgrade procedure has the advantage of carrier support. If you do a manual upgrade now, you will be without support until you have the correct OS installed.
    10-17-08 11:19 AM
    i actually upgraded last night! went very painlessly only a few snags but it worked out well and im much more impressed with 4.5 the BB browser is far better with just one bug that i have noticed so far that being when replying on wap or editing on wap there is no submit and it doesnt put all the text that you are trying to quote up! but i agree with crystal just ask someone who has done it as you will find that 99% of the people on here love their berries as much as you do and will be more than willing to help you! the guy that helped me last night gave me so many helpful links and so many different things that made it go more smoothly than i could have anticipated! i was weary about doing it... i didnt want to mess up my berry but now that its done im so glad that i did it! but like everyone else has said it is a personal choice! but if you decide to do it almost anyone will help you! not to mention i can forward all of the links i got last night to help you out!
    10-17-08 02:45 PM
    I usually just wait because I don't have the time to mess around and I like my Berry running great at all times. It seems whenever people upgrade their OS early that there are some that love it and then some that downgrade back to the official version for their carrier...and then some that have glitches but just keep it...it depends on how comfortable you are with your device and how much time you're willing to tinker IMO.
    10-17-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD