I apologize in advance if this has been answered elsewhere. I searched through posts and found some answers that didnt quite fit my question

I am going to be upgrading from the Pearl to the Bold in another 10 days. I have a question regarding the AT & T subscriber GPS. I understand that in order to use *their* maps that I would need to pay extra for the service. I also think I am understanding correctly that the GPS will work on its own, just with no mapping if you don't subscribe. What if you use another company's mapping software such as amazeGPS, which is free, would that application function for example?

On a side note, is there anything I need to do to make the transition from one to the other go smoothly, or is it all in their hands?

Thanks for the patience with the newb.
    01-04-09 09:53 AM
    You will have all the GPS functionality, ATT Nav give you turn by turn voice directions and access to YellowPages.com directory (owned by AT&T). To transition from one to the other use a PC with Desktop Manager installed and use the switch device wizard, it will bring all of your settings/contacts/PIM data over in one shot.
    01-04-09 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the prompt reply and clear answers.
    01-04-09 10:06 AM
    No worries at all, its what all of us are here for
    01-04-09 10:07 AM
    Welcome to cb.com. My wife has a Pearl 8110 and I can honestly say it's a toy compared to the Bold. You are going to be thrilled when the stork drops off your new baby!!
    01-04-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD