I just recently purchased an 8110 pearl from the U.S. that was from AT&T and it had been unlocked. I am currently using it in Canada with Rogers. I wanted to update the software with newest version of Rogers software on the phone and I was just wondering if updating the software will get rid of the unlock?
    09-20-09 02:13 PM
    nope.........
    09-20-09 02:16 PM
    Thank you for your help
    09-20-09 02:21 PM
    just make sure you delete the vendor file from the new OS you load on.
    09-20-09 08:42 PM
    The vendor file is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:44 PM
    FYI, you are not limited to using Roger's software. You can use any 8110 OS as long as you remove the vendor.xml file prior to loading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:46 PM
    I just recently purchased an 8110 pearl from the U.S. that was from AT&T and it had been unlocked. I am currently using it in Canada with Rogers. I wanted to update the software with newest version of Rogers software on the phone and I was just wondering if updating the software will get rid of the unlock?
    No, if you want to use it on Rogers, it will have to be unlocked.

After that, you can use it on Rogers/Fido just like one of their phones, except for the Rogers Theme. (No loss, the Rogers Theme is ugly, it is the first thing you will want to be rid of. Check out CrackMem for the details.)
    09-20-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD