I really hate when updating the device software that all ringtones and profile preferences go back to the default. I assume there is no way to prevent this? It's such a pain to reset everything in each profile!!!! I've tried everything to save things but it's no use. And.........I have to re-register with all of my apps on BB App World. Just a pain and time consuming.

ok, that's my vent.
    02-17-10 01:35 PM
    I have never experienced that, but I do not wipe prior to installing upgrades and I always have a recent backup handy.
    02-17-10 01:41 PM
    i don't wipe prior to upgrading either. I do it through my BB desktop manager. Never thought about using backup to avoid having to reset stuff. Will try that next time!
    02-17-10 03:17 PM

If you do your updates through DM, it should be doing a backup and restore of ALL your data (apps included) when you update the OS. If you're following one of the "user created" writeups on here that say "you must" WIPE the previous OS off your phone instead of just updating it, that's your issue. Those writeups are somewhat wrong in that respect. A wipe is NOT necessary at all... only time a wipe is needed is if there's issues loading an OS or if you plan on reloading the same OS again for reasons such as stability problems or otherwise.
    02-17-10 03:39 PM
    If you're using BerryBuzz it's always going to reset your profiles.

Whether on a backup/restore or device update. The device
    update basically does an auto backup/restore.
    02-17-10 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD