I recently updated to V4.5.0.5.2 (Platform 2.7.0.66) and even though BB Maps appears in the application list in the options it simply is not there on any of the menus.
    Also having since upgraded on the BB homepage when i go to themes, it says there are none available for the operating system i am running.

Any help would be gratefully accepted, and sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere...
    11-10-08 05:58 AM
    Have you tried the Show All from your menu button? I know every time mine does a hard reboot it "hides" my calendar, messages and a few other essential icons.
    11-10-08 12:45 PM
    The icon is hidden by the OS (many carriers) to get you to use
    their "for a fee" service. In OS 4.2 there is a way to edit the LBS.alx
    file to unhide the icon and make the BB Maps usable.
    I haven't seen a work-around for OS 4.5
    11-10-08 01:27 PM
    You just have to del the version that comers with 4.5 * then download and older version it does work on 4.5 the old version of bb maps is not pushed by your carrier go to maps forum here it will explain it better mi have bb maps working fine on mine with os 4.5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 02:01 PM
    Thanks guys, the maps is not hidden it just simply isnt there.

When i go to download the maps direct from the BB site it just says that it is not available for my os. Is there somewhere i can download JUST the BB maps having deleted the one that comes with 4.5.

thanks.
    11-11-08 03:47 AM
    My BB maps was never to be found on my new AT&T BB Bold :-/
    11-11-08 03:59 AM
    My BB maps was never to be found on my new AT&T BB Bold :-/
    Go into Desktop Manager with your Bold attached and go into the App Loader screen. BB Maps should be there, just check the boxes to install. However, make sure that you use a theme other than the AT&T one, since it will not show up using that theme.
    11-11-08 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD