Different hardware platforms, but there will also probably be a new device launching with QNX10.
    Sounds exciting! Does that mean a new form factor?

Also, what are the updates involved in QNX10? I heard support for 1080p screen resolution is one of them, but what are the others?
    12-04-13 05:53 PM
    What differences would QNX10 have to BlackBerry 10?

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    Sounds exciting! Does that mean a new form factor?

Also, what are the updates involved in QNX10? I heard support for 1080p screen resolution is one of them, but what are the others?
    It's anyone's guess at this stage, but here are some rumoured items...
    - 64bit
    - Quad-core CPU support
    - Better memory protection
    - Virtualisation (maybe 1-2 CPU cores for Android only?)
    - Improved M2M messaging

1080p is coming as well as 1440^2. Not sure about form factor. I haven't seen a square BlackBerry yet and 1055 didn't have a slider profile.
    We should get more info in January. I need OS from that development branch to be able to dig more info. Hint, hint
    Marios199546 and FlashFlare11 like this.
    12-04-13 06:48 PM
    So cafe and kopi series has been canceled.
    Maybe because they already drop the Z10 price, right?
    Then what is mid end bb10 phone for next year, still Z10?

Really exciting about that slider (or big screen+kb) rumour btw, keep digging
    12-11-13 07:09 PM
    From the Channel update:
    I thought I would compile a list of what I've found so far regarding the camera side of things on BlackBerry 10 devices.

CAMERA MODULES
    * 13MP: Sony IMX 135
    * 8MP: Samsung S5K3H7
    * 8MP: Omnivision OV8835
    * 5MP: STMicroelectronics VB6955
    * 2MP; Omnivision OV2720
    * 2MP: Aptina A2030

CAMERA ISP
    * Fujitsu M9Mo
    * Qualcomm 3A
    13 mp??

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:03 PM
    So cafe and kopi series has been canceled.
    Maybe because they already drop the Z10 price, right?
    Then what is mid end bb10 phone for next year, still Z10?

Really exciting about that slider (or big screen+kb) rumour btw, keep digging
    I'm waiting for a new OS to see what's happening with Windermere, which should be released in April.
    Last I heard, low-end will be licensed, but I'm waiting for more confirmation.

13 mp??
    They have the driver, so that's what the Q30 might get. A shame to use such old tech, but maybe it will all change in the coming months.
    12-12-13 04:22 AM
    I'm waiting for a new OS to see what's happening with Windermere, which should be released in April.

They have the driver, so that's what the Q30 might get. A shame to use such old tech, but maybe it will all change in the coming months.
    Could the Windermere also be something like the Asus PadFone's tablet dock?

Licensing? Looks promising! Any chance you heard who the possible candidates include?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 04:24 AM
    It's anyone's guess at this stage, but here are some rumoured items...
    - 64bit
    - Quad-core CPU support
    - Better memory protection
    - Virtualisation (maybe 1-2 CPU cores for Android only?)
    - Improved M2M messaging

1080p is coming as well as 1440^2. Not sure about form factor. I haven't seen a square BlackBerry yet and 1055 didn't have a slider profile.
    We should get more info in January. I need OS from that development branch to be able to dig more info. Hint, hint
    do you mean that qnx10 is is a full blown phone os by itself, or just the entire kernel thing that replaces the qnx neutrino that's used as the base for the existung bb10?

if assuming that qnx10 replaces qnx neutrino is correct does it mean another end of life for the bb10 phones released thus far?

if all assumptions above are wrong, then what is the significance of the qnx10 in the development of the phone, of its not used to replace the kernel / os of the phones?
    12-12-13 04:45 AM
    Could the Windermere also be something like the Asus PadFone's tablet dock?

Licensing? Looks promising! Any chance you heard who the possible candidates include?
    A modular concept is not out of the question. Could explain the virtual keyboard profile for that square screen, but it's too early to tell, with the OS we have.

I have no further info regarding licensing. I'm just as curious as you are

do you mean that qnx10 is is a full blown phone os by itself, or just the entire kernel thing that replaces the qnx neutrino that's used as the base for the existung bb10?

if assuming that qnx10 replaces qnx neutrino is correct does it mean another end of life for the bb10 phones released thus far?

if all assumptions above are wrong, then what is the significance of the qnx10 in the development of the phone, of its not used to replace the kernel / os of the phones?
    The brand is damaged good. Most people think BlackBerry is dead. Would they buy a phone from Lenovo with an OS named BlackBerry something on it? What if the phone is labeled Android compatible and running QNX10? You could also promote unique features as well.
    But it's all speculation at this stage, there is only one app in the OS referring to QNX10 as the OS.

Regarding EOL, well, if you get 10.3 next Summer and then BB says "Sorry, the next revision of our awesome OS requires more RAM", then would you be that angry that you only had updates for 18 months? I don't know what they'll do, but I would have no problem with that.
    eldricho, Mack Gans and Greened like this.
    12-12-13 07:06 AM
    A modular concept is not out of the question. Could explain the virtual keyboard profile for that square screen, but it's too early to tell, with the OS we have.

I have no further info regarding licensing. I'm just as curious as you are

The brand is damaged good. Most people think BlackBerry is dead. Would they buy a phone from Lenovo with an OS named BlackBerry something on it? What if the phone is labeled Android compatible and running QNX10? You could also promote unique features as well.
    But it's all speculation at this stage, there is only one app in the OS referring to QNX10 as the OS.

Regarding EOL, well, if you get 10.3 next Summer and then BB says "Sorry, the next revision of our awesome OS requires more RAM", then would you be that angry that you only had updates for 18 months? I don't know what they'll do, but I would have no problem with that.
    no, I apologize if I somehow said it differently. what I mean by saying when I meant eol, I think I meant software os total change like legacy os to bb10, or playbook not upgradeable to bb10 despite having a similar kernel.

though if qnx10 is bb10 evolved I would not mind at all. its not a rebranding, but I can see it like how jolla is an extended evolution to meego, if qnx10 is to behave as a new operating system.
    12-12-13 07:45 AM
    I don't think they'll completely change the OS as they certainly don't want to lose the few developers they have. BB10 is immature, incomplete. There are lots of things they can improve on and they will. The future custom and 2 fingers gestures are a good examples. They also recently brought back some shortcuts and things like contacts grouping.
    I think if they change the name, it will be purely as a rebranding exercise. The OS will keep evolving. But as the next batch of devices should have 3GB+ RAM, they should be able to keep more things in memory for those of use who are already maxing out our Q10.
    12-12-13 08:00 AM
    any odds about BlackBerry adopting intel hardware over ARM? I am still of the opinion that qualcomm is still tying to screw blackberry over. I made this speculation based on your findings, and the recent qnx headlines
    12-12-13 08:41 AM
    any odds about BlackBerry adopting intel hardware over ARM? I am still of the opinion that qualcomm is still tying to screw blackberry over. I made this speculation based on your findings, and the recent qnx headlines
    I haven't seen an OS which supports Atom processors, but it could make sense for some devices, to support some tasks which are more CPU and memory intensive.
    12-12-13 10:05 AM
    More news please! Thanks for the updates. Any idea about a possible tablet running Bb10? Should I still hope for it?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:26 PM
    More news please! Thanks for the updates. Any idea about a possible tablet running Bb10? Should I still hope for it?

Posted via CB10
    Get me 1808 from the beta servers and I'll give you news :P
    drrobert_Taco likes this.
    12-12-13 06:38 PM
    it's not 1811 ?
    12-13-13 07:55 AM
    it's not 1811 ?
    Carriers have access to lots of builds. We'll just have to wait for one to land on production servers...
    12-13-13 08:02 AM
    12-20-13 09:42 AM
    I haven't had time to fully catch up yet , but I think a fresh OS would be needed in order to be able to answer that question. There is a new dev hardware ID in 1259, but could be anything...

It would be smart of them to re-use their current design and get them built by someone else, but Kopi specs in april? :S :S :S
    12-20-13 09:57 AM
    well if assuming Kopi Specs are correct, then I'm slightly worried because I don't see how they can pull off a sub-300usd on this.

Unless somehow they can pull the miracle like a Xiaomi style of "let others build first, I'll use the same parts" strategy.
    12-20-13 10:09 AM
    well if assuming Kopi Specs are correct, then I'm slightly worried because I don't see how they can pull off a sub-300usd on this.

Unless somehow they can pull the miracle like a Xiaomi style of "let others build first, I'll use the same parts" strategy.
    I'm sure they can. It's 3G only, LCD, Qualcomm for everything and I just remembered this...
    "Indonesia is the fourth largest producer of coffee in the world"... Hint, hint!
    12-20-13 10:48 AM
    Looks like this rumour was right... Foxconn will design the low-end phones...
    Greened likes this.
    12-20-13 11:05 AM
    I'm sure they can. It's 3G only, LCD, Qualcomm for everything and I just remembered this...
    "Indonesia is the fourth largest producer of coffee in the world"... Hint, hint!
    Ihope they do, because Samsung does manufacture / assemble (I think assemble) their products in Malaysia and they are still exceptionally priced above usd100 for a ultra low end spec Android device.
    12-20-13 12:17 PM
    So the Windermere is just the high end QWERTY. Q30 maybe? Or are they moving away from the odd device naming process?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 03:09 PM
    So the Windermere is just the high end QWERTY. Q30 maybe? Or are they moving away from the odd device naming process?
    I have no idea and I'm guessing the final release of 10.2 won't give us much info, because they will release with a different OS with a different UI. We'll probably know in March, once some 10.3 leaks start dropping.
    Last edited by ofutur; 12-24-13 at 07:28 PM.
    mathking606 and eldricho like this.
    12-23-13 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dunno...I think the Windemere will be something larger than a QWERTY device.

I would rather like a device like that experimental one which is basically a Q5 on the front and some sort of witchcraft-driven flexible screen on the inside.

Though, the OS is going to have to do some magic to make the 16:10 apps work on a 2:1(half) screen...
    12-23-13 05:44 PM
1,126 ... 910111213 ...