Rumour: Exynos5 test platform or prototypes model names: Musket and Laphroaig
    Reference to the Exynos5 starts about 2/3 of the way down the page. It doesn't sound like it would be a positive for a BB device.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...ntract-to-tsmc
    09-15-13 02:03 AM
    Perhaps BlackBerry got the naming system wrong in the first place (or revised it) and the models are now as follows:
    Touch
    High End - Z30
    Mid End - Z10 (has hdmi unlike Q5, but no Miracast)
    Low End - Cafe
    Keyboard
    High End - Q10 (equivalent build to Z30 with amoled and glass weave?)
    Mid End - Q5 (equivalent build to Z10?)
    Low End - Kopi (somehow even cheaper than Q5?)

I know there a inconsistencies (resulting from changes during rollout), but this may be the 6 models spoken of.

To generalize the "levels'" feautres:
    High End - AMOLED, expensive build; Glass Weave, Bold Style Keyboard
    Mid End - LCD, decent Build
    Low End - LCD, cheapest build

Posted via CB10
    I think they got the Q5 wrong because they needed something ASAP and so they've upgraded the platform for cheap devices and are going to be releasing the Z5 along with V2 of the Q5. There is no way this is next year's Z10/Q10 with specs like a 5MP camera...
    09-15-13 06:31 AM
    Aristo with the Snapdragon 800 processor
    BlackBerry have always said "no" to quad-core SoC's. What changed? Oh, that's right, nothing.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:24 AM
    Looks like Cafe will have 4.5" screen, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up to be a Z15

Sent from my Z30/3
    So what's all we know about Caf?

Pin:2ADA18D9

I have so many questions!!!!

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    DjDante likes this.
    09-15-13 07:25 AM
    I've seen Wifi p2p code for the TI chip, so it could be that Wifi direct will be supported at some point. Maybe all they need is a firmware update. And after that, there might be other requirements for Miracast.
    All I can see right now is that the TI chip, with the current firmware doesn't support miracast.
    TI said the won't update the chips firmware, if they did then the Z10 would support MiraCast.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:31 AM
    I think they got the Q5 wrong because they needed something ASAP and so they've upgraded the platform for cheap devices and are going to be releasing the Z5 along with V2 of the Q5. There is no way this is next year's Z10/Q10 with specs like a 5MP camera...
    Doubt they'd release a Z5. Let's watch and wait

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 07:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    I should get the info in the coming weeks, but I don't know what else they would call a cheap device with a LCD, 8930 SoC and a 5MP camera...
    09-15-13 07:46 AM
    Hey oftur is there any indication of what file systems the 10.2.1(the z30's os?) supports - is it only fat32 or is exfat and ntfs supported? Doesn't make much of a difference if it's for the sd but I'm thinking in terms of usb otg?

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:21 AM
    Rumour: Exynos5 test platform or prototypes model names: Musket and Laphroaig
    Aren't both of these names for alcohol?

Laphroaig should be a single malt whisky and Musket should be a white wine.

And I probably should have googled before saying that

Posted via CB10
    I very much doubt that though.
    A Z5 is badly needed, as the Lumia 520 has proven.

The marketplace demands such a phone.
    It may be BlackBerry's choice to ignore that segment, but I very much doubt that to be an intelligent decision.

BlackBerry have always said "no" to quad-core SoC's. What changed? Oh, that's right, nothing.

Posted via CB10
    They also said no 1080p until now, and I think that it is highly unlikely that they will not correct that stance.

Of course, I think the same is true for quadcores.

But we will see what happens anyhow, as long as the world doesn't end until then.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-15-13 at 11:04 AM.
    09-15-13 10:48 AM
    I should get the info in the coming weeks, but I don't know what else they would call a cheap device with a LCD, 8930 SoC and a 5MP camera...
    Another BBOS device?

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-15-13 10:51 AM
    Another BBOS device?

Posted via CB10
    Oh god no....
    If that is true, I wonder if T.Heins ever opened a dictionary at the page with the word "obsolete"...

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 10:58 AM
    Hey oftur is there any indication of what file systems the 10.2.1(the z30's os?) supports - is it only fat32 or is exfat and ntfs supported? Doesn't make much of a difference if it's for the sd but I'm thinking in terms of usb otg?

Posted via CB10
    According to this: http://shahidhussain.com/best-file-s...xternal-drive/
    the filesystem isn't important as USB OTG supports most.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:03 AM
    Oh god no....
    If that is true, I wonder if T.Heins ever opened a dictionary at the page with the word "obsolete"...

Posted via CB10
    If he does, his pic will be next to the definition

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CJH_; 09-15-13 at 11:55 AM.
    09-15-13 11:05 AM
    According to this: http://shahidhussain.com/best-file-s...xternal-drive/
    the filesystem isn't important as USB OTG supports most.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply, read the article I think I didn't phrase my question correctly, for the phone that supports usb otg it needs to support different file systems, for example on my Samsung galaxy s2 I need to root it as well as use diff apps from Google play to support read/write of ntfs and exfat while fat32 (read only I think) is supported without root on ICS

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:50 AM
    Thanks for the reply, read the article I think I didn't phrase my question correctly, for the phone that supports usb otg it needs to support different file systems, for example on my Samsung galaxy s2 I need to root it as well as use diff apps from Google play to support read/write of ntfs and exfat while fat32 (read only I think) is supported without root on ICS

Posted via CB10
    Ah! You're wondering what filesystem BlackBerry will support via USB OTG?
    Haven't a clue until it's rolled out; I expect FAT will be though.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:57 AM
    Ah! You're wondering what filesystem BlackBerry will support via USB OTG?
    Haven't a clue until it's rolled out; I expect FAT will be though.

Posted via CB10
    True, though I'm hoping at least also exfat since they've already licensed it from Microsoft from what I've read here on CB.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:28 PM
    They ned to re-think their device rollout the 5 lines should not come out in western world outside of special online order they would make bucks of accessory add ons and colour select froom website speical order.The 10-15 lines should be the low end �350-300 on holiday devices then the 5+ be $700 line.

There needs to be reduction of devices 1 every quarter stuff is not good espcially now with finance situation.Devices do not need upgrading so often Os features will be come selling pointssoon. And the fact that devices and user will not upgrade so quickly people will hold on to devices for many years.

Facts are BB should reduce amount of devices instead of making x,x device and use that non produced device money into marketing.Tremendous failure in upgrading current user base.Trmendous failure in not marketing to current BB users to upgrade.There's still plenty to sell currently.
    09-15-13 03:03 PM
    Another BBOS device?

Posted via CB10
    :P. It will probably be launched with 10.2.1
    09-15-13 05:32 PM
    True, though I'm hoping at least also exfat since they've already licensed it from Microsoft from what I've read here on CB.

Posted via CB10
    If FAT is, exfat ought to be.
    09-15-13 07:45 PM
    I've looked at lots of USB files, but couldn't find anything since I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

All I can see are all the supported profiles, the roles the device can take when connected to a PC and all the supported USB hardware. I can't see anything about how they mount the file system on external hardware.
    If someone knows how it works on Linux and wants to give me some pointers, I'll take another look.

Sent from my Z30/3
    Last edited by ofutur; 09-16-13 at 07:49 AM.
    sayf777 likes this.
    09-15-13 07:56 PM
    I've looked at lots of USB files, but couldn't find anything since I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

All I can see are all the supported profiles, the roles the device can rake when connected to a PC and all the supported USB hardware. I can't see anything about how they mount the file system on external hardware.
    If someone knows how it works on Linux and wants to give me some pointers, I'll take another look.

Sent from my Z30/3
    ofutur_

Thanks for the info you provide on upcoming devices in the works. Any info you can share with regards to the successor to the Q10. Maybe a larger screen, classic qwerty. Say 3.5 inch screen.

Thanks
    09-15-13 10:33 PM
    ofutur_

Thanks for the info you provide on upcoming devices in the works. Any info you can share with regards to the successor to the Q10. Maybe a larger screen, classic qwerty. Say 3.5 inch screen.

Thanks
    As far as I can tell, there is no such thing as a Q30 or a slider in the pipeline.
    Could be that BB got smart and is better at hiding info.
    Could be the Exynos5 device, but that would be overkill for a Q...
    09-16-13 07:52 AM
    As far as I can tell, there is no such thing as a Q30 or a slider in the pipeline.
    thanks for your response
    09-16-13 08:46 AM
    Be nice to have an S400 in a Q10...
    09-16-13 09:48 AM
    :P. It will probably be launched with 10.2.1
    That's what I'm thinking
    09-16-13 09:49 AM
1,126 ... 45678 ...