I'm impressed by how it installs and runs Android apps on 10.3, so I'm not even sure the extra power is required, but let's wait for all those comparative videos which will make their way to youtube once that thing launches.
    Sounds like your tone has totally changed on the Classic since I last spoke to you. You seemed pretty blah on it before!

10.3 is solid on my Q10 and I'm looking forward to what 10.3.1 will bring in terms of performance...and of course the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:17 PM
    No HDMI, no NFC and probably not 4 microphones. They still want to sell some Z30s until the next touch (Q215)
    I'm a bit confused with this. Isn't the Z20 supposed to be an "upgrade" for those with a Z10, or we can't look it that way because it is in the Z3 family?

Posted via that WhiteBerry
    08-31-14 04:45 AM
    I'm a bit confused with this. Isn't the Z20 supposed to be an "upgrade" for those with a Z10, or we can't look it that way because it is in the Z3 family?

Posted via that WhiteBerry
    What it loses with HDMI/NFC it makes up with the battery and screen. Those are more obvious changes to address points people didn't like about the Z10 (while also saving money).

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:47 AM
    I'm impressed by how it installs and runs Android apps on 10.3, so I'm not even sure the extra power is required, but let's wait for all those comparative videos which will make their way to youtube once that thing launches.
    I think it still needs work.

Load times are still slow.

Multitasking is iffy. Some apps just close or reset when minimized.

Compatibility is generally very good though.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:46 AM
    What it loses with HDMI/NFC it makes up with the battery and screen. Those are more obvious changes to address points people didn't like about the Z10 (while also saving money).

Posted via CB10
    I rarely use either NFC or HDMI and bet that 97% of people can easily do without them. Your're right that a larger screen and battery are two tangible upgrades for a z10 owner. Plus, if Miracast works, the loss of HDMI isn't too much of a problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:51 AM
    Sounds like your tone has totally changed on the Classic since I last spoke to you. You seemed pretty blah on it before!

10.3 is solid on my Q10 and I'm looking forward to what 10.3.1 will bring in terms of performance...and of course the Classic.
    Yep, on the phone which is not doing much, I don't dread installing Android apps any more , but after having checked the browser, I think 10.3 still needs something more powerful than the Adreno 320 for HTML5 apps. I'm curious to see how the Passport will fare in that aspect.

I've always wondered for those with NFC phones, where are you able to use this? Some stores, examples? I never had the opportunity to with my Q10...and this is in NYC...you just never hear of any stores that offer it.
    I find NFC to be disastrous to use for things like sharing things, but if you buy some tags, then you can quickly get your phone to do stuff for you. It's quicker and safer than talking to your phone.
    09-06-14 05:57 PM
    I have a Galaxy S5 and if I ever want to share something between them. For example a link or picture or mp3 from my Q10 to the S5, I use NFC. It's quick.

It's unfortunate you can't initiate a NFC share from S5 though -_-

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    09-06-14 06:28 PM
    I've always wondered for those with NFC phones, where are you able to use this? Some stores, examples? I never had the opportunity to with my Q10...and this is in NYC...you just never hear of any stores that offer it.
    I have a NFC tag in my room that turns notifications and wifi on, one at my door jam that turns them off. I use NFC to quickly pair my phone with my music gateway in the car. I use NFC to share things with other people with NFC enabled phones. I have a password manager that launches using NFC. Pretty much, I use NFC every day...
    09-06-14 06:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you know why BlackBerry Wallet is not available for 10.2/10.3?

I don't really need NFC for file sharing but I need it for payments.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:12 PM
    That is sick, I had no idea NFC could be used like that. It's great features like this that the general, blackberry-holding public needs to know about and be using. Consumers need to get 100% sucked in by the brand, invest in accessories, NFC tags, etc and be using so many of the device's features that when it comes time to upgrade, they have no choice (and no desire) than to stay in the BBRY world.

Thanks for a solid post, I didn't know NFC could do all that.
    It's mainly because Apple hasn't "invented" it yet. The iPhone 6 is rumored to have NFC. So I'm pretty sure once that comes out, NFC capabilities will be the hot talk of the town...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-07-14 02:15 PM
    Anyone spot cdma passport? I need to know if it's coming to vzw

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:36 PM
    I was checking a few days ago, the only new phones I saw were the two 9983s (both CDMA-less too.)
    wnyjackson likes this.
    09-15-14 07:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    My guess is that there's only one GSM Passport now (SQW100-1), but there might be one or two CDMA Passports. The likeliest one is a Verizon model, with a much slimmer chance for Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    wnyjackson likes this.
    09-15-14 07:44 PM
    My guess is that there's only one GSM Passport now (SQW100-1), but there might be one or two CDMA Passports. The likeliest one is a Verizon model, with a much slimmer chance for Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome thanks. I feel better about staying with big red and waiting it out now.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 07:53 PM
    New V series for the BlackBerry 10 hybrids
    Visa and Victoria should be in the hands of customers early Q2 next year.
    ruhban and purplefish212 like this.
    09-18-14 01:32 PM
    Hybrid as in slider?
    09-18-14 01:58 PM
    No way! These are all new designs??? Tell me more!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-18-14 02:03 PM
    Awwwwwww! Quit the teasing:-)
    09-18-14 02:21 PM
    Awwwwwww! Quit the teasing:-)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=959690

Posted via CB10
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    09-18-14 02:23 PM
    Criminy.

Really want to play with 10.3.1 now.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 02:30 PM
    Visa? Wouldn't that run against a few...I don't know...trademarks? Unless these are codenames, i.e. exclusively internal.
    09-18-14 02:50 PM
    Visa? Wouldn't that run against a few...I don't know...trademarks? Unless these are codenames, i.e. exclusively internal.
    Trademarks are only valid for related products and also for unique names. Visa can mean more than just a Visa credit card.

On another note, I find the "Visa" codename to be quite realistic if it is for a decide that hides the keyboard.

Think about it. First came the Passport, then the Visa. Where do you usually put Visa's?
    In a passport!!

Haha.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 03:04 PM
    Trademarks are only valid for related products and also for unique names. Visa can mean more than just a Visa credit card.

On another note, I find the "Visa" codename to be quite realistic if it is for a decide that hides the keyboard.

Think about it. First came the Passport, then the Visa. Where do you usually put Visa's?
    In a passport!!

Haha.

Posted via CB10
    What's next? Green Card?
    AbAll87 likes this.
    09-18-14 05:52 PM
    Damn hybrid BlackBerry 10 phones. But still no news of a high end full touch device?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 07:24 PM
    Damn hybrid BlackBerry 10 phones. But still no news of a high end full touch device?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's called the Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, LG G3... lol, just kidding around. :-P

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-18-14 08:37 PM
1,126 ... 2829303132 ...