Hello All,

My phone is running a very old software version (over 1 year old) and I'm wanting to update. My only issue is my USB connection on the phone is busted.

Can I update the software OS via a Bluetooth connection to my computer?

Also, I can use any carriers software for my 8330 (on Bell Mobility in Canada) as long as I delete my vendor.xml file?

Thanks a lot
    09-29-09 08:19 AM
    nope not over bluetooth. warranty exchange maybe? if not, if you are feeling savvy, you can buy a replacement USB port for the phone and replace it yourself. USB or OTA updats from your carrier are the only options. why isnt the USB port working? is it clearly damaged?
    09-29-09 08:24 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

The USB port was in and out the last few weeks and I think it has kicked the bucket. It was progressively getting more and more loose and I think it's come totally disconnected from the phone now.

I did replace the case myself so I have no issues taking it apart. I assume putting a new USB port in would require some soldering? From what I understand this USB issue isn't covered under warranty. And I have had my phone for over a year so I suspect my warranty has likely expired.
    09-29-09 08:27 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

The USB port was in and out the last few weeks and I think it has kicked the bucket. It was progressively getting more and more loose and I think it's come totally disconnected from the phone now.

I did replace the case myself so I have no issues taking it apart. I assume putting a new USB port in would require some soldering? From what I understand this USB issue isn't covered under warranty. And I have had my phone for over a year so I suspect my warranty has likely expired.
    Yes, you would need to know how to solder if you want to replace it or a mobile repair shop can do it for you for about 60 I think around that area.
    09-29-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD