Hello everyone! New to BlackBerrys so please bear with me.

Is it possible to update my 8900 via wifi? It's on 4.6 right now and I want 5.0. Or could I download some files onto the SD card?
    11-06-10 06:33 PM
    You need an active BlackBerry Data Plan from your phone service carrier.
    11-06-10 06:40 PM
    I have the BB Data plan for my AT&T 8900! I dont have the data cable so can I update over wifi or data? @Motorcycle Mama you didnt answer the question you just replied with a statement not saying if it was possible or not! I go to settings>advanced>wireless update (my version 4.6.1.319) I click check for update and it says no update found I go to Blackberry site for my phone AT&T and it says there is an update to OS 5 but like I stated I do not have a data cable so is it possible to update via DATA or WIFI or SD? BBM me if so plz 210BE601
    11-06-10 07:32 PM
    You need to do it via the carrier network or via a computer (with the "data cable").

You need a BlackBerry Data Plan either way.

Is that clearer?

As an aside, why not just get a USB cord? They are inexpensive.
    11-06-10 08:30 PM
    I also think that the "myWireless" should be able to be accessed over WiFi, but it can't be. Stupid thing.

I agree with her. Just get the data cable and do it in the desktop manager. It will save you loads of time and will make backup/restore way easier.
    11-07-10 12:40 AM
    I do not recommend downloading and installing upgrades OTA, but if you wish, you can use wireless upgrade to download and install the software OTA. 5.0.0.822 is the latest official version from AT&T, so you can install it OTA using wireless upgrade if you do not have a USB cable. This would be done using the mobile network, not Wi-Fi.
    11-07-10 12:50 AM
    +1 to that, lak611!

I would not recommend that anyone update the OS over the air.

And breakmedown, "Wireless" means over the carrier's network not WiFi.
    11-07-10 07:18 AM
    And breakmedown, "Wireless" means over the carrier's network not WiFi.
    That I understand, but if it all goes to the same servers that I would be accessing to get my information on my computer at home, why does it force me to do it over "wireless" and won't use WiFi? After all, my home computer doesn't access the AT&T network in any way that I know of, so why should the "myWireless" app? That's what I'm saying. I think they're just jerks about it.
    11-07-10 10:29 AM
    Okay. Thank you for all of your help. I will have to invest in a cable.
    11-07-10 11:16 AM
    I have tried wireless update with wifi off using only the att network and still says no updates available I called att and they told me to call BB anyone have the number for BB support?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 05:26 PM
    how to activate blackberry enterprise service ? is this service available in Pakistan ??
    12-27-12 06:10 AM
    i cant update my blackberry it says only blackberry service subscribers are entitled to update ?? what i have to do ?
    12-27-12 06:11 AM
    You need to have a Blackberry Data Service added to your mobile phone plan. Check with your carrier to see if the service is available to you.
    12-27-12 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD