First of all, this is not official information, this is just observations i've made.

On the 21st, a bunch of my co-workers downloaded the leaked apk file after I told them that bbm was coming to android. Today (25th) I saw them again because of work and here's what im seeing.

Half of them are using bbm happily but with one exception, they cant add anymore additional contacts. However, they are communicating with their existing contacts with no problem (full functionality)

The other half of people's bbm stopped working. They cant receive messages or send. It's as if they've been banned. This has caused a lot of frustration but its a sign that BlackBerry is slowly taking care of this situation.

This is definately going to take BlackBerry another couple of weeks to sort out.... I feel like such a tool for hyping bbm's release to my co-workers to have it crash on them. "BlackBerry failed again" that's what im hearing... great another point docked.

C001230C6 Suits tv show BBM Channel
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-24-13 11:42 PM
    It's funny, I'm in the same boat. I've been telling a few of my friends about it, and my coworker said I could try to set his iPhone to New Zealand in the App Store, so BBM would be available (but by that point BlackBerry had pulled BBM already). This was Saturday, and I had told him to "just wait until tomorrow because it'll be available to you and you won't have to set your phone to New Zealand."

I didn't see him until today, and he approached me and was like, "SEAN! Oh my God. I had the funniest idea on Sunday. I wanted to download BBM and then add you randomly to freak you out! But I realized I didn't know how to find your PIN or serial number or whatever it is. Anyways I looked all through the App Store and it wasn't there. So I Googled 'BBM iPhone' and all this news came up about how they had to pause it? At first I just wanted to add you randomly to bug you since you're always typing to your friends, but now I'm kinda pis5ed because I actually really want BBM because it looks cool........when will it be here?"

It was RIGHT THEN that I thought.. hmm.. this person, who bought the original iPhone, then the 3GS, then the 5, is down to get BBM. He is an Apple user..has a Mac desktop, an iPad, and the iPhones I mentioned. But he is in no way a fanatic.. he thinks Apple's announcements are ridiculous, he mocks how they use "amazing" to describe all their stuff, how they act like they invented the wheel, etc. He barely uses any games (except for Untapped, that Simpson's thing), hates Candy Crush, posts on Instagram like once a month, and even made fun of my retina Mac Book Pro for not having a CD drive. "Watch, I bet Apple comes out with a NEW model WITH a CD drive, just to make people feel like they're missing something, so they'll want the new one," he told me. (Doesn't he sound like he should be a BlackBerry user? haha)

When I got my Q10, another coworker kinda commented that it looks "the same as all your old phones," and this coworker said, "Yeah but Sean's new BlackBerrys have a way cooler operating system, it's actually totally different." I showed him how I signed like 14 pages of documents on the Adobe Reader app, and he said, "I don't know what I'd ever need that for, but that is pretty f---ing awesome."

I guess the point in all this is that for every person who "hates" BlackBerry, there is someone who is at least willing to give their product a chance. I have no idea what marketing plans are now, but BlackBerry has a chance to show the world BBM (after they get it launched). If there are people who have never bought a BlackBerry, like my coworker, but are willing to give BBM a shot, I think BlackBerry might be pleasantly surprised by how well their baby BBM might be received.
    09-25-13 12:07 AM
    I guess the point in all this is that for every person who "hates" BlackBerry, there is someone who is at least willing to give their product a chance.
    IMHO. It's not hate, it's ignorant disdain and envy.

I have a few people who were blackberry users and fans, one even got the Z10 and 3 days later returned it and got a SG3 because 10.0 left a bad taste. Now he's always doing the "how's that blackberry working out for you" and the old "now what are you going to that they are dead". I just want to punch them in the throat.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:34 AM