Hello,
    In the past week, I have had a series of messages from two sources show up in my general email box. One is from SRID and the other is from Apache Softech. These are unsolicited and very annoying, since I am getting about 3 or 4 each day. There is no message information (.i.e. "From" ), no properties of any kind and the only option is to delete.

As best I could, I did some tweaking and found a description at one point which indicated "Blackberry Messenger Popup." So, in addition to putting them on an SMS blocker and two email blacklists out of desparation, I also removed Blackberry Messenger... but the messages keep coming. What can I do??

Thanks,
    Jake
    09-23-12 06:09 PM
    Could be an app adding them.
    In options see if you have any apps installed that are made by those developers.
    09-23-12 06:11 PM
    That's a good thought. If so, I'd probably have to get rid of the app, eh?
    09-23-12 06:30 PM
    You might be able to prevent them from displaying stuff in your inbox by editing their permissions, but best bet would be to delete them.
    09-23-12 06:58 PM
    I've been getting the same for a while now, and I've not changed any settings or added any apps to start them arriving. When I try and delete them they lock the whole phone up and I have to pull the battery. If you find a way to get rid of them post it please!
    04-28-14 09:17 AM
    These messages I also get and when deleting my device freeze> In the Menu "view folder" is a folder under "Recommended Apps"named "Apache Softech" - I cannot delete that one and after OS update it's still there. It's a problem !!! Can Anyone solve this ?
    06-23-14 04:27 AM
    Hi jake 7363, delete all apps you have from Apache Softech - I only had one "Signal Booster" and when I deleted that one the only one I had ,,,the folder "apache softech" disappeared and now I password lock and I don't get any more of this ads. So easy it was and I don't miss this app I had so no tears. RGDS>
    06-30-14 04:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD