I have ... and have successfully 'debranded' two of my phones with the typical Blackberry splash screen. I searched around and found a thread on gsm-forums but does not really explain how to replace the image with your own.

Anyone explain or link to a how to as to hwo to replace the image with your own?
    09-06-09 01:10 AM
    you looking to do this on your Storm? cuz you cant load VSMs or unbrand it ... and if i remember correctly, you will need a hex-editing program inorder to do that. you will have to open the vsm file in the hex editor and go from there. gsm-forum should have explainations somewhere in the blackberry forum. i have seen a thread there regarding editing VSM files and how-to writeups on what to do.
    09-06-09 02:54 AM
    you looking to do this on your Storm? cuz you cant load VSMs or unbrand it ...and if i remember correctly, you will need a hex-editing program inorder to do that. you will have to open the vsm file in the hex editor and go from there. gsm-forum should have explainations somewhere in the blackberry forum. i have seen a thread there regarding editing VSM files and how-to writeups on what to do.

Ya, thats where I got most of my info is from gsm-forum. They just dont really explain how to replace the image itself. I did them on a Curve 8330 and a Pearl. Dont want to touch my Storm or Tour until I know for sure it is possible.
    09-06-09 01:58 PM
    Keep it Legal

No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    ... ... ..
    09-06-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD