OP, I think you have your figures wrong. BlackBerry burning through 2.4 billion dollars in a quarter is an excessive amount and a bit of a stretch.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    12-17-13 09:24 PM
    the original source says 800 million of the 1 billion, hence 80%
    12-17-13 10:52 PM
    I'd be surprised but not shocked if the cash burn was $800MM. My estimate is $400 to $500 million. See my post on the other cash burn thread for my other thoughts on this matter.
    12-18-13 03:07 AM
    OP, I think you have your figures wrong. BlackBerry burning through 2.4 billion dollars in a quarter is an excessive amount and a bit of a stretch.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Not only did he incorrectly state the cash burn predicted by Bernstein, he also got their suggested target share price wrong. One mistake could be human error, but twice in one post and no effort to correct when others pointed it out is a clear indication of deliberate flame bait.
    12-18-13 06:01 AM
    Not only did he incorrectly state the cash burn predicted by Bernstein, he also got their suggested target share price wrong. One mistake could be human error, but twice in one post and no effort to correct when others pointed it out is a clear indication of deliberate flame bait.
    Thanks, it is very disappointing when posters knowingly misquote sources. Poor logic can be excused as a product of emotion or inexperience but this type of purposeful, material mis-feasance (assuming verified as false per Branta) should have any poster banned from the site.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-18-13 09:31 AM
    Yeah I also think they burnt through Apple's cash as well [Unsubstantiated].

WTF?
    12-18-13 09:42 AM
    We see a lot of that on these forums.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-18-13 02:55 PM
    Thanks, it is very disappointing when posters knowingly misquote sources. Poor logic can be excused as a product of emotion or inexperience but this type of purposeful, material mis-feasance (assuming verified as false per Branta) should have any poster banned from the site.
    The post clearly identified an analyst opinion linked by several other members so I was able to check the original article. Even with mistakes I could have accepted a reasonably prompt correction by the OP when the error was pointed out by others, but it was sliding into a second day with no action.

This type of false statement doesn't automatically lead to banning but it does get close scrutiny as potential trolling, which can attract infractions (and banning where appropriate under our forum rules).
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-18-13 04:49 PM
    We see a lot of that on these forums.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    If deliberate deception is reported we will consider each case on its merits. The mods are here to enhance the forum experience as a resource for the huge silent majority of members, and we do not wish to see the site degrade into a trollfest of fighting and disrupted threads.
    12-18-13 04:54 PM
    Yep. Giving the old boys in suits their enormous golden handshakes really adds up. Still, at least they are getting rid of 40% of the little people too ... That's bound to save some cash!
    This has already been quoted at much less than $85 million for the golden parachutes. $85 million: This is the amount BlackBerry's exec team would earn if the company is sold and are all terminated | MobileSyrup.com
    12-18-13 05:24 PM
    800 million seems very high to me let alone $2.4 billion. With limited production on the P9982, Z30 reduced production on Z10/Q10, employee cuts and next to zero marketing I really fail to see how they would possibly manage to burn through that especially when they're in the process of cutting their operating expenses in half. I guess we'll find out on Friday.
    12-18-13 05:27 PM
    I'd be surprised but not shocked if the cash burn was $800MM. My estimate is $400 to $500 million. See my post on the other cash burn thread for my other thoughts on this matter.
    As expected. $400MM cash burn. The low end of my estimate.

Which puts it at exactly *HALF* the cash burn that BGR, Bernstein et al predicted. Completely wrong - as usual.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-20-13 06:52 AM

Which puts it at exactly *HALF* the cash burn that BGR, Bernstein et al predicted. Completely wrong - as usual.
    Yes, but there won't be a correction on their websites now, will there? Lol

Z10 goodness
    ibpluto and Dave Bourque like this.
    12-20-13 06:59 AM
    Does it really matter if it was only half of what was predicted though? They sold 1.1 million bb10 devices in the entire quarter and no one sees that improving. So "completely wrong" may be accurate, but does it matter at this point?

schmeat likes this.
    12-20-13 07:01 AM
    Does it really matter if it was only half of what was predicted though? They sold 1.1 million bb10 devices in the entire quarter and no one sees that improving. So "completely wrong" may be accurate, but does it matter at this point?
    It does at crackberry.com...lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    12-20-13 07:10 AM
    Yes it does. It's those WRONG Negative articles that contribute to poor sales.

CB10'n it via da Z
    12-20-13 07:12 AM
    I'm sorry... your asking if someone, whose job it is to do research and give an educated opinion to the masses on companies, so that individuals can decide to invest , is wrong by over 50% of their stated claim matters.

I'm hoping this is not a serious question. The fact that BlackBerry only sold 1m bb10 phones and STILL beat this idiots guess shows that he has no idea what he is talking about. If 1 million is such a horrible number, but was not enough to cause such a loss what in the world needed to happen for this persons numbers to even remotely make sense?

It is time that blatant ignorance, and disregard for the truth, and honesty, is taken to task.

It looks like Chen is starting to get BlackBerry on task to do their job, the media needs to realize this and follow suit.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0, Superfly_FR and R Field like this.
    12-20-13 08:02 AM
    Yes, but there won't be a correction on their websites now, will there? Lol

Z10 goodness
    Nope! And, technically they should post a BlackBerry beats the streets article... since BlackBerry beat their estimate, but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-20-13 08:03 AM
    What will the trolls say this time to continue the choochoo train of BlackBerry bashing.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 10:25 AM
    Now, let's close this proven [Unsubstanciated] and false mind-mixture, please.
    12-20-13 11:14 AM
    Sure, sounds reasonable, since not much is really going well. We'll call it a day.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-20-13 12:05 PM
    Herro??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-20-13 12:54 PM
72 123