Serious answers please. I might buy a BB Curve 8530 Verizon branded from some guy on craigslist. but i have AT&T and i was wondering if i would be able to use the BB Curve 8530 Verizon branded on the AT&T network?? has anyone tried this and what were your results?? or on the h2o wireless which use at&t towers and is a small prepaid side company of at&t. please serious answers!!
    02-09-11 12:37 PM
    The 8530 is a CDMA-only device that does not use SIM cards, so it cannot be unlocked.

AT&T is a GSM network, which requires SIM cards.

You cannot unlock an 8530, and it cannot be used on AT&T's network.

Do not purchase that device unless your carrier is VZW.
    02-09-11 12:41 PM
    thats almost convincing but not quite. because ive seen the storm(verizon branded not vodafone) on the at&t network and on tmobile. and the curve 8530 actually does have a sim card slot...so thats why im really confused here. but thanks for giving me what you know.
    02-09-11 01:12 PM
    thats almost convincing but not quite. because ive seen the storm(verizon branded not vodafone) on the at&t network and on tmobile. and the curve 8530 actually does have a sim card slot...so thats why im really confused here. but thanks for giving me what you know.
    The 9530, 9550, 9630, and 9650 are all world phones. They are dual CDMA/GSM, and they have SIM card slots. They can be unlocked and used on a GSM network.

The 8530 does not have a SIM card slot. The slot in the 8530 is for a microSD card. The 8530 cannot be unlocked, and cannot be used on a GSM network.
    havalm3 and Heavy Fluid like this.
    02-09-11 01:17 PM
    wow thanks, your right, it cant take a sim card but it has a cut out...not trying to be funny...you are absolutely right, this review helped me out a little more. but thanks alot though...you saved me my money!!

i couldnt post the review link here cause its not more then 10 posts or whatever, but i just looked at the 8530 review done by crackberyy and they had a pretty good review. but once thanks!!
    02-09-11 01:31 PM
    wow thanks, your right, it cant take a sim card but it has a cut out...not trying to be funny...you are absolutely right, this review helped me out a little more. but thanks alot though...you saved me my money!!

i couldnt post the review link here cause its not more then 10 posts or whatever, but i just looked at the 8530 review done by crackberyy and they had a pretty good review. but once thanks!!
    You're welcome. I'm glad it helped.
    02-09-11 01:33 PM
    lak611 - great post!! Good to see positive members on the site helping out those in need.
    02-09-11 03:46 PM
    Hey guys!

I just wanted to let you know I found this thread while searching about getting my Verizon World Edition 8530 up and running on T-Mobile.

Turns out there must have been a small run of "world phones" that have a SIM card slot!! Now my next project is figuring out how to unlock that SIM card slot...

I have an original Storm that has a SIM slot as well which I unlocked. Fun times! Increases their value for when you decide you want to sell it to a friend and get another phone as well!
    08-18-12 01:09 AM
    If the BB for verizon is a world phone and has the sim card slot, you can unlock it. I just unlocked my VZW 9930 and am using it on AT&T. I can BBM, internet, calls, MMS, text, etc. The only things I had to give up were: no 3G speed, EDGE only and i can't figure out how to get my voicemail to work. But this is my personal phone so voicemail isn't a big deal to me. I'm happy.
    08-18-12 08:15 AM
    If the BB for verizon is a world phone and has the sim card slot, you can unlock it. I just unlocked my VZW 9930 and am using it on AT&T. I can BBM, internet, calls, MMS, text, etc. The only things I had to give up were: no 3G speed, EDGE only and i can't figure out how to get my voicemail to work. But this is my personal phone so voicemail isn't a big deal to me. I'm happy.
    08-18-12 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD