Ok for us who don't know about all those numbers and radios and what not. I have AT&T. I live in the US. I have a blackberry pearl. I love it. I was looking at New Unlocked Storms on EBAY (I have had great luck buying unlocked phones from ebay). I have a blackberry plan. I want to buy the unlocked storm. So i WILL be able to use it on AT&T? It won't have 3G, but will have EDGE so i will still have full web browsing capabilities basically? Everything will work okay? I won't be wasting like 400 dollars?
    04-15-09 12:15 PM
    you can use the storm on att with no problems i been on it for 2 weeks and the browser is lightning fast compared to verizon so called 3g network
    04-15-09 12:33 PM
    I don't remember if the Storm has a slot for a SIM card, but I think it is a world phone, so it should...IMO... I'm not sure how it would work on GSM, but why not try it. Though, I would just switch to Verizon. lol
    04-15-09 04:54 PM
    Verizon storm has sim card slot on the back. To use on other GSM networks, you need to get a unlock code first to unlock the phone. You can get unlock code from here Unlock blackberry mobile cell phone | Express unlock code
    04-15-09 05:35 PM
    you can use the storm on att with no problems i been on it for 2 weeks and the browser is lightning fast compared to verizon so called 3g network
    I just picked up a new unlocked Storm 9530 for $225 it's awesome except I am getting the following error with the browser:

"Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries"

I am guessing that also affects no commercial email setup feature. I have software version 4.7.0.148

Everything else works good. Does anyone have any advise?
    06-07-09 04:02 AM
    Ok, first off, don't pay attention to any of the previous posts. They are incorrect. The 95xx is a hybrid device, and very few people know what kind of radio is inside. I'm not going to tell you though. What I will tell you is the Thunder which is the 9500 is a GSM device, and if you buy one and unlock it, you can use it on AT&T. SO theres no need for you to switch. I'm not going to get into the "exclusive" with Verizon. But, the Thunder is going to Rogers, therefore you can use it on AT&T.
    that would be awesome if I wanted to switch carriers .....
    you always have the know how
    06-07-09 04:09 AM
    1. Upgrade to the Bold and stick to your $99.99 everything plan. Everyone has been complaining about the Storm, just look through these forums and threads. If I hadn't gone for the Curve 8900 I would have gone for the Bold. Only reason I didn't is because the 8900 has more on board memory - 256mb compared to 128mb in the Bold. Good luck with whatever you decide anyway. -- Fob
    06-07-09 06:58 AM
    I figured it out dont get the browser error anymore and email works. Here is what I did:

1. removed the Browser Daemon with crackutil
    2. installed the ATT service book with the Device Manager
    3. re-installed the Browser Daemon with crackutil
    4. changed the APN data

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP at CINGULARGPRS.COM (use the @ sign it won't let me post an email address)
    Password: CINGULAR1

It works great now!
    06-07-09 02:10 PM
    was just wandering if it worked? i'm running into the same situation!!! between iphone or storm dont reakly want the bold, but its all at&t has : (
    07-02-09 09:53 PM
    am in the same situation, deciding between bold, and storm or the iphone. which i am on at&t and they only have bold and i phone there. i wouod have to buy unlocked one from verizon, to use it . and need to know if anyone has done it yet!!!!
    07-02-09 09:58 PM
    Yes it works perfect. There a few steps you will need to do to get the data side to work but an unlocked storm will work fine on the phone side with your at&t sim card. The only thing you wont get is 3G it will run in EDGE mode.
    07-03-09 04:00 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD