Thinking about gettin an unlocked storm for tmobile....but if i get it unlocked would i have to have the blacberry plan?? or can i just use the tmobile data plan for internet?
    07-06-09 09:32 PM
    You would need the blackberry plan to have full data. I believe the tmobile data plan will allow you to use the browser, but in a watered down version.
    07-06-09 09:34 PM
    i dont want the blackberry plan...standard internet will do..and text messaging is not included in the blackberry plan right?
    07-06-09 09:36 PM
    Text messaging is not included.
    07-06-09 09:37 PM
    so if i get the tmobile data service and tmobile text messaging plan will i be good?
    07-06-09 09:38 PM
    Text messaging is an entirely different package than the data. You may get along just fine with the tmobile plan, but be warned you may have issues with apps, and you won't be able to do BBM. email may also be an issue, as you won't be connected to BIS, unless they offer a separate package.
    Yeah if you want to receive emails and use BBM and browse, you should get a data plan.. I would recommend you get a minimal data plan if you're looking to keep costs down .. plans in America are much, much better then in the Great White North
    Text messaging is an entirely different package than the data. You may get along just fine with the tmobile plan, but be warned you may have issues with apps, and you won't be able to do BBM. email may also be an issue, as you won't be connected to BIS, unless they offer a separate package.
    May? It WILL be an issue. Without BIS or BES, you don't have email.
    07-06-09 09:39 PM
    so if i get the tmobile data service and tmobile text messaging plan will i be good?
    If all you are looking to do is use the device as a phone with texting and some web browsing, yes you'll be good.
    07-06-09 09:39 PM
    May? It WILL be an issue. Without BIS or BES, you don't have email.
    Duly noted, I misspoke. It's been a long day.
    07-06-09 09:40 PM
    Duly noted, I misspoke. It's been a long day.
    We all have those.
    No worries.
    07-06-09 09:42 PM
    lol yea i dont really care about email...just some phone web browsing and text messaging and i will be good
    07-06-09 09:42 PM
    lol yea i dont really care about email...just some phone web browsing and text messaging and i will be good
    Then you should be just fine with the T-Mo internet and messaging plan.
    07-06-09 09:43 PM
    Then you should be just fine with the T-Mo internet and messaging plan.
    thanks! any of u have the storm?? what are your likes and dislikes
    07-06-09 09:44 PM
    Pretty sure Savio has the entire line of BB's, or close to it.

I have the Storm as well. I like the fact that there are very few things I can't do with it (still haven't figured out how to make waffles though). As for dislikes, I haven't really run into much that I didn't like that I couldn't fix somehow.
    07-06-09 09:47 PM
    Pretty sure Savio has the entire line of BB's, or close to it.

I have the Storm as well. I like the fact that there are very few things I can't do with it (still haven't figured out how to make waffles though). As for dislikes, I haven't really run into much that I didn't like that I couldn't fix somehow.
    cool...i kant wait to get it..i currently have a g1 and im tired of it lol..need something louder
    07-06-09 09:52 PM
    When you do, I have a few tips for you.
    1) Play with the damn thing for two or three days first. Add a few new wallpapers, ringtones, maybe a theme if you find one you like. Don't expect to pick it up, push a button, and have it make waffles. (although if it does, tells me how )

2) Keep a pad of paper near you, and write down any questions you have about it, and browse CB for answers to those questions.

3) Read the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series (lot of good info there, you can even start now)

4) If and when you run into trouble, you can find me in the thread linked in my sig, via PM, or at [email protected]. And no, i don't mind dumb questions either, we all had to start learning somewhere.

I'm always happy to help.
    07-06-09 09:57 PM
    thanks!! i will definitely keep that in mind
    07-06-09 10:07 PM
    i wouldnt recomend to get a unlocked storm for tmo, i have soo many issues that ill rather just sell it and get the bb 8900
    08-07-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD